NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 4 of 6512, 3, 4, 5 ... 636465
Author


Active Collector

Posts: 46
Joined: Jan 15, 2007
Last Visit: May 23, 2019
Location: Maine, USA

Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:59 pm 
 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:Teams I think are the strongest on paper are the Gargoyles and the Killer B's.


Let me say that from my experience with Fantasy Football, the phrase "on paper" can be a curse.

I just let the auto-draft demon conjure up this team for me.  I guess I'll see what it can do.

So are we all pitching in some D&D item for a prize?  I've got a beat up, coverless S1 Module I could donate-or something silly like that.  Nothing of value, because I feel like signing whatever I send to the winner  :wink:

The Killer B's


Ben.S.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7960
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:14 pm 
 

bspaul41 wrote:
Let me say that from my experience with Fantasy Football, the phrase "on paper" can be a curse.

I just let the auto-draft demon conjure up this team for me.  I guess I'll see what it can do.

So are we all pitching in some D&D item for a prize?  I've got a beat up, coverless S1 Module I could donate-or something silly like that.  Nothing of value, because I feel like signing whatever I send to the winner  :wink:

The Killer B's


Since I'm going to be beaten more thoroughly and more often than a parlor rug, I'll part with something that has no intrinsic value to me....

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:37 am 
 

This is what I get for working too much and not reading this forum every day...... I just read this thread today. Missed it all........ :cry:
Just as well I suppose, .... ida beatchuall anyway and got you all mad at me.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:52 am 
 

Aneoth wrote:This is what I get for working too much and not reading this forum every day...... I just read this thread today. Missed it all........ :cry:
Just as well I suppose, .... ida beatchuall anyway and got you all mad at me.


anny...you couldnt beat a piece of dough my friend  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Al



  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 219
Joined: Mar 06, 2007
Last Visit: Jun 14, 2019
Location: Illinois

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:15 pm 
 

Since this league appears to be full, anyone interested in a second league?


SH60B's quote of the weeK!!

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!


Follow The Acaeum on Twitter @TheAcaeum

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7960
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:49 pm 
 

SH60B wrote:Since this league appears to be full, anyone interested in a second league?


I've actually gotten one up....I just set the thing up, but for much fewer teams (8 or 10) so that everyone will have a decent lineup.  I'm trying to get my brothers signed on, and a few friends, but I would be happy to let any willing Acaeum members jump aboard. This can be in addition to whatever you have planned, SH60B, if you want to run your own.

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 219
Joined: Mar 06, 2007
Last Visit: Jun 14, 2019
Location: Illinois

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:05 pm 
 

I'd be up for yours.  Where do I sign up?


SH60B's quote of the weeK!!

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!


Follow The Acaeum on Twitter @TheAcaeum

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:16 pm 
 

Same here. I would sign up.... send me a PM or E-Mail please.

And Al.... I have placed in the top final 4 teams left during 9 of the 12 years I have played FFB. Most years I was in just one league, but some years I played in more than one.

The first time I ever played in a Fantasy Football League I took over a team that was in dead last place from a man who was very sick and could not continue. That was in week 7 of the season. I won it going away.

The next year I played in four leagues. Many of my picks had a most excellent year and I won 3 of them and placed second in the other.

The following year I won 2 of 3 and placed third in the other. My wife at the time (Wife number one) won the one I placed 3rd in..... She was quite good at it, though she accepted my draft advice and at times my trade advice later on. We were forbidden to trade with each other by the commish, and there was no cheating involved. At least not by us.

American style Football is king in Texas. Dont ever think otherwise.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7960
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:43 pm 
 

Here is the info for anyone who didn't make it into the previous league, I just borrowed the description from Avurax:

Click on the following link: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1.  This takes you to the Yahoo Fantasy Football '07 Home Page
In the "It's Go Time!" section, click on the "Sign Up Now" button.  This should take you to the "Sign in to Yahoo!" page.  
You will need a Yahoo ID.
*If you have a Yahoo ID already, sign in.
*If not, click on the "Sign Up" button toward the bottom right of the screen next to the "Don't have a Yahoo! ID?" section.  You will be asked a few questions and then can continue.
Once you are signed in, you should be at the "Welcome to Fantasy Football registration" page.
Click on the "Join league" button under "Managers - Join existing league" header.
This should bring up the "Join a League" page.
Under the "Accept an invitation to join a Custom League" header, select the "Join Custom" button.
Input League ID: 617315
Input Password: badmike
Save & Continue

The cutoff is probably going to be max 10 teams...I want everyone to have a "loaded"lineup....

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 219
Joined: Mar 06, 2007
Last Visit: Jun 14, 2019
Location: Illinois

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:04 am 
 

I'm in!!!


SH60B's quote of the weeK!!

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!


Follow The Acaeum on Twitter @TheAcaeum

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 219
Joined: Mar 06, 2007
Last Visit: Jun 14, 2019
Location: Illinois

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:04 am 
 

I'm in!!!


SH60B's quote of the weeK!!

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!


Follow The Acaeum on Twitter @TheAcaeum

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 219
Joined: Mar 06, 2007
Last Visit: Jun 14, 2019
Location: Illinois

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:05 am 
 

I'm in!!!


SH60B's quote of the weeK!!

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!


Follow The Acaeum on Twitter @TheAcaeum

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 219
Joined: Mar 06, 2007
Last Visit: Jun 14, 2019
Location: Illinois

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:06 am 
 

hmmm, I must have got excited, didnt mean to have that many responses, lol.


SH60B's quote of the weeK!!

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!


Follow The Acaeum on Twitter @TheAcaeum

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:49 pm 
 

SH60B wrote:hmmm, I must have got excited, didnt mean to have that many responses, lol.
Im signed up!!!!!!

My first 7 picks will be the 4 best rated Kickers, then the 3 best Defences.

All those other managers will no doubt be picking QBs WRs and RBs leaving me with the best kickers and defences in the league!!!!!!!!!!!

SWEET...................... 8)


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  


Active Collector

Posts: 80
Joined: May 19, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2008
Location: Arkansas

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:55 pm 
 

I'm in, Mike, Little Rock Playahs :)


bombadil wrote:...There was a pile of heads stacked up around me at the end of every day.  Very cold work.  No gloves, blowing snow, bloody knife handle slippery as hell...

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7960
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:18 am 
 

Aneoth wrote:Im signed up!!!!!!

My first 7 picks will be the 4 best rated Kickers, then the 3 best Defences.

All those other managers will no doubt be picking QBs WRs and RBs leaving me with the best kickers and defences in the league!!!!!!!!!!!

SWEET...................... 8)


Wow, if that's your draft John, let's start betting REAL MONEY...I smell easy cash!!!!!

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:08 pm 
 

Badmike wrote:Wow, if that's your draft John, let's start betting REAL MONEY...I smell easy cash!!!!!
Mike B.

Naw... I plan to draft some other players too. In the later rounds I will be getting those forgotten gems that you others passed up. :twisted:  :lol:

Michael Vick for one.... I know none of you guys are gonna pick him up. Heck even in prison, he will score more than some of the NFL starting QBs.
Not touchdowns perhaps but Im sure he will score something....... hes gotta take a shower sometime........ 8O

BTW: When is the autodraft and will we have a choice to draft live too?


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7960
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:25 pm 
 

Badmike wrote:Here is the info for anyone who didn't make it into the previous league, I just borrowed the description from Avurax:

Click on the following link: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1.  This takes you to the Yahoo Fantasy Football '07 Home Page
In the "It's Go Time!" section, click on the "Sign Up Now" button.  This should take you to the "Sign in to Yahoo!" page.  
You will need a Yahoo ID.
*If you have a Yahoo ID already, sign in.
*If not, click on the "Sign Up" button toward the bottom right of the screen next to the "Don't have a Yahoo! ID?" section.  You will be asked a few questions and then can continue.
Once you are signed in, you should be at the "Welcome to Fantasy Football registration" page.
Click on the "Join league" button under "Managers - Join existing league" header.
This should bring up the "Join a League" page.
Under the "Accept an invitation to join a Custom League" header, select the "Join Custom" button.
Input League ID: 617315
Input Password: badmike
Save & Continue

The cutoff is probably going to be max 10 teams...I want everyone to have a "loaded"lineup....

Mike B.


Anyone that wants to join, even if you are in the other league, can now if you want so we can have the draft before Thursday night.  I have two more joining this week, so we'll have at least six, but I would prefer 8-10...so join if you wanna, there's going to be some room!

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:00 am 
 

Badmike wrote:
Anyone that wants to join, even if you are in the other league, can now if you want so we can have the draft before Thursday night.  I have two more joining this week, so we'll have at least six, but I would prefer 8-10...so join if you wanna, there's going to be some room!

Mike B.


The Roglaroon Raiders are online and reader to so dominate.


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 74
Joined: Dec 23, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 17, 2021
Location: Norwood, MA

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:42 am 
 

The Skeletal Warrior are signed up and ready to play.

Note to others not signed up for the Luddites league.  There are currently 7 teams signed up.  It would be good if at least one more team signs up so that we don't have an odd number of teams...

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 4 of 6512, 3, 4, 5 ... 636465