NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 25 of 73123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 717273
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:45 am 

lucyjoyce wrote:
What a fluke. Won't believe it's real until I see it on yahoo tomorrow.  If I really did win, I am buying a lottery ticket this week.  One doesn't question crazy luck.   8O  8O

Good Game Cubes.

Fluke, huh?  I think you knew what you were doing:  You took a hammer to Reggie Bush's knee (after my hopes were raised after one good game) and made sure you owned Pierre Thomas.  I had banked on Bush's numbers for last week and this week against Detroit...sigh. :sad:  

Great, weird win against the mighty Lugs, LJ.  I won't be able to sleep now. :pale:

So are you keeping our crushed helmets oozing with our scrambled nutmeat on the trophy shelf or  leaving our carcasses to rot in the sun? :)

Paul

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:57 pm 

Congratulations to the Screaming Iguanas for their victory over the Puguglies for the Luddite's League Championship game!  :)

Great game, and well done!  A dynasty is forming :)

Do you get a free trip to Disneyland with the victory?   I hope you like the WG4.

It was a great season, lots of fun.  

A special thanks to Mike B. for running the League.

All bow to the Screaming Iguanas.  

Best,

Paul, The Puguglies

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:56 am 

After squeaking into the playoffs, the Dragons roared to their second straight championship in the Acaeum Collector's League.  
The Gridiron Goblins and Block Wipes finished 2nd and 3rd respectively.  Thanks to everyone who participated.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:27 am 

Congrats on the Championship Iguannas.

Greatly Enjoyed the Luddites League again this season, though I was really dissapointed in my roster management at the end.

Also; I really do like the idea of a keeper option, but I  think that just one keeper is not really very useful. In fact, if your ONE keeper ends up getting inhured after the draft, your team is likely screwed. Would prefer to have either a total re-draft league, or several keepers.

Enjoyed the ACL also, though I obviously had no clue what I was doing at the draft and it showed in the first 7 weeks games (1-6 start).

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:21 am 

Avurax wrote:After squeaking into the playoffs, the Dragons roared to their second straight championship in the Acaeum Collector's League.  
The Gridiron Goblins and Block Wipes finished 2nd and 3rd respectively.  Thanks to everyone who participated.

I somehow went from thinking that I was not even going to be in the Playoffs 3 weeks ago all the way to winning the damn thing.

I'd like to especially thank the Cones for saving my season by coming out of nowhere and beating the Dragonlancers in week 14, thus allowing me to sneak into the playoffs by a measely 5 points(50 yards and that's it!). Going for the "three-peat" next year.  :lol:

As a side note, it hard to beleive how tight the AC league was this year. Mike who had the highest league point total for the regular season, only had roughly 50 more points than Aneoth's 6th highest total.  Teams 2-5 in total points were only seperated by a total of roughly 13 points.  That's pretty damn close.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:44 am 

Aneoth wrote:Congrats on the Championship Iguanas.

Greatly Enjoyed the Luddites League again this season, though I was really dissapointed in my roster management at the end.

Also; I really do like the idea of a keeper option, but I  think that just one keeper is not really very useful. In fact, if your ONE keeper ends up getting inhured after the draft, your team is likely screwed. Would prefer to have either a total re-draft league, or several keepers.

Enjoyed the ACL also, though I obviously had no clue what I was doing at the draft and it showed in the first 7 weeks games (1-6 start).

Yeh, see my pick of Tom Brady in the Luddites for Keeper QB...never recovered all year.  

Jo beat the two best teams in the league in consecutive weeks to get the crown, all that with by sneaking in with a .500 record. Truly goes to show a few things: Doesn't matter squat what your teams do the first 14 weeks, as RBs like Barber, Gore, Bush, Addai, Portis and other studs grabbed bench enough to make your powerhouse worthless if you had these guys.  Instead, A backfield of Tashard Choice and Pierre Thomas was worth it's weight in gold....timely pickups are very, very valuable.

Anyone who has not "anted up" can ship me the module you owe Jo by the end of the year....I have contributions from myself, Paulkm, FormCritic, Aneoth, Sheeadog and Avurax (I believe that is who purchased this D1-2 to have it used as a prize).  So Smarmy, MDR003, SH60B, either send me a letter module by the first, or you can mail it yourself ( Oh and Jo you get your copy of WG5 back!!!

So far Lucy will receive:
A1
A2 ( I think this is the module Aneoth has set aside)
B1
D1-2
WG4
WG6

Plus three more.  Not a bad haul.  Thanks to everyone that played!

Mike B.

Last edited by Badmike on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:47 am 

bclarkie wrote:
I somehow went from thinking that I was not even going to be in the Playoffs 3 weeks ago all the way to winning the damn thing.

I'd like to especially thank the Cones for saving my season by coming out of nowhere and beating the Dragonlancers in week 14, thus allowing me to sneak into the playoffs by a measely 5 points(50 yards and that's it!). Going for the "three-peat" next year.  :lol:

As a side note, it hard to beleive how tight the AC league was this year. Mike who had the highest league point total for the regular season, only had roughly 50 more points than Aneoth's 6th highest total.  Teams 2-5 in total points were only seperated by a total of roughly 13 points.  That's pretty damn close.

It was actually close to the best league I've ever played in the last 15 years.  Any team from #1-#6 could have won the entire thing based on points and matchups.  Means next year will be a real dogfight!!!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:18 pm 

Congrats to Lucy!!  Send me a PM where to send the module.

Can't belive I fell short the last two seasons one spot out of the playoffs.  I did manage to win the consolation two years in a row!

SH60B's quote of the weeK!!

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!

Follow The Acaeum on Twitter @TheAcaeum

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:45 am 

Having worked 10 hr days yesterday and today and Christmas shopping last night and tonight I haven't had a chance to bask in the glow of my win yet.  I am carving out a chunk of time tomorrow evening to drink pomegranate martinis and be self-congratulatory.  I came in second in the Luddite League last year, and am thrilled to have pulled a victory from the jaws of the Lug-Pugs.  The AC league was a different story, although I had a 7-7 team in both leagues.  Came in 5th place there and was proud to do it!

Btw, the Dragons and I are still on the Survival Football (round 2) Island with one week to go.  That's been fun too.

Happy Holidays to everyone!  Hope Santa brings you your heart's desire.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:09 pm 

Congratulations Jo on the Luddite win. Contrary to previous posts, I thought it would really come down to a Lug/Pug contest, as they were the gun teams all year with the rest of us scratching for wins where we could.

I was happy to snatch 3rd place away from the Lugs too... it ain't the championship, but its something to show for the year.

I'll send a PM about coughing up a module....

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:06 am 

mdr003 wrote:Congratulations Jo on the Luddite win. Contrary to previous posts, I thought it would really come down to a Lug/Pug contest, as they were the gun teams all year with the rest of us scratching for wins where we could.

I was happy to snatch 3rd place away from the Lugs too... it ain't the championship, but its something to show for the year.

I'll send a PM about coughing up a module....

Regards

Mike

Yeah, I lost both playoff games by a grand total of TWO points... 8O
Makes all those wins during the regular season pointless. :roll:
I Would much rather have gone 7-7 and won it all at the end than win all of the regular season games (12-2 in the Luddites), just to lose two playoff games....

I also need an address to mail the A-2 to you Lucyjoyce.
It is far from Mint, but complete and playable, and I picked it mostly because someone else had already offered up a copy of A-1....

Congrats once again to all of those team managers who won something this FFB season. 8)

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm 

ACAEUM COLLECTORS FANTASY FOOTBALL
I just renewed the recreational/free fantasy football league for 2009.  If anyone is interested, feel free to join.  For those that have played at Yahoo before, here are the abbreviated instructions:
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1
League ID: 454838
Password: acaeum
This might work: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... collectors

Detailed Instructions (copied from last year)
Click on the following link: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1.  This takes you to the Yahoo Fantasy Football '09 Home Page
In the "It's Go Time!" section, click on the "Sign Up Now" button.  This should take you to the "Sign in to Yahoo!" page.  
You will need a Yahoo ID.
*If you have a Yahoo ID already, sign in.
*If not, click on the "Sign Up" button toward the bottom right of the screen next to the "Don't have a Yahoo! ID?" section.  You will be asked a few questions and then can continue.
Once you are signed in, you should be at the "Welcome to Fantasy Football registration" page.
Click on the "Join league" button under "Managers - Join existing league" header.
This should bring up the "Join a League" page.
Under the "Accept an invitation to join a Custom League" header, select the "Join Custom" button.
Input League ID: 454838
Input Password: acaeum
Save & Continue

Draft is currently scheduled for Saturday August 22nd @ 6:00 PM CDT (GMT/UTC -5 hours).  Those that cannot make it to the live draft can still set an auto pick list to prioritize players.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ACAEUM COLLECTORS SURVIVAL FOOTBALL
Last year we also had folks join the Yahoo survival league so I will put it up again this year for those interested. There is no maximum number of participants in this game.
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival
Group ID#: 2608
Group Password acaeum

The survival league was over after week 6 last year.   :lol:   This year, Yahoo gives the option to have a Two Strike or Three Strike league instead of the One Strike league.  Those who join, let me know if you would like a Two or Three Strike league instead of the One and done default.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:14 pm 

I am in Avurax.

I really do hate that Autodraft thingy. :evil:

Glad to see we will have a Live Draft.
In 17 days one hour 43 minutes and..... 50. 49 48 seconds..... :lol:

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:38 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:I really do hate that Autodraft thingy.

That's funny; you've never mentioned it.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:53 pm 

Shall have to see how the Legion does in this one.  Haven't been below 3rd place yet in my other league.
Oh and this is a free right, as in we don't have to supply any modules/etc at the end?

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:22 am 

Two days before the live draft.

Only 8 Teams?
Where is everyone?
Too afraid of Ladies of Pain to even try? :lol:

A valid fear, but c'mon guys! :roll:
At least give it a try.... ITS FREE!

And I would not mind sending a TSR, or JG Module (Or some other RPG Module) to the winner...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:05 pm 

At the risk of having not watched NFL for 10ish years and Warren Moon, Dan Marino et al, I thought I'd have a dabble this year!  :oops:

I'm guessing this is going to be a hell of a show of bad form, but I'll leave things to chance!  :lol:

Dave
:wink:

edit - if I have taken someones normal space amongst the 12, I'll duck out.  :)

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:14 pm 

Is it too late to get into this league?

The Roglaroon Raiders or the Freeport Buccaneers could join up...?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 25 of 73123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 717273