NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 24 of 73123 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 717273
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:29 pm 

Badmike wrote:
The Luddite league was a joke, with the Pugs and the Lugs steamrolling everyone else in the division; the inevitable matchup of these monoliths is set for the week after when they pause to crush their current opponents this week. Either of them losing in the first round would be a shocking development.

Mike B.

Come on, Mike - the Pugs and Lugs aren't that unbeatable. The fact they both have two losses this year is cause for some optimism. I won't say the Cubes are confident of pulling off a victory against the Pugs this week... but I did hand them a beating only 3 weeks ago and I think I can repeat the dose.

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs this week...

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:03 pm 

The Acaeum League was my first fantasy football league.  Now I have a better idea of what works and what does not work.

bclarkie wrote:no way the Cones were going to beat the Dragonlancers

Hey, I had already beaten a lot of powerful teams before facing the Dragonlancers!  Several teams.  Well, two --- The Spoilers (Aneoth) and the Block Wipes (BadMike).

Never underestimate the power of a Cone of Light.  May you never cast it in the darkness!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:11 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:The Acaeum League was my first fantasy football league.  Now I have a better idea of what works and what does not work.

Like not dropping Ladanian Tomlinson in Week Three??????? :D

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:04 pm 

Badmike wrote:Like not dropping Ladanian Tomlinson in Week Three??????? :D

That's one of the lessons learned, yes.  Next year, I will make the slightest of efforts to research players before frantically trading/dropping/picking up.

Odd that playing Fantasy Football and collecting RPG materials share that and other characteristics . . .

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:24 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:That's one of the lessons learned, yes.  Next year, I will make the slightest of efforts to research players before frantically trading/dropping/picking up.

Odd that playing Fantasy Football and collecting RPG materials share that and other characteristics . . .

"This is not the LaDanian Tomlinson that you are looking for"  :lol:

Truthfully though, Tomlinson has had for all intents and purposes a down year, so it could have been worse. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:08 pm 

Badmike wrote:
The Luddite league was a joke, with the Pugs and the Lugs steamrolling everyone else in the division; the inevitable matchup of these monoliths is set for the week after when they pause to crush their current opponents this week. Either of them losing in the first round would be a shocking development.

Mike B.

Too true.  In fact, the Lugs can just ignore their team's lineup and take it easy this week.  Just kick back and think about other things.  Lugs, you are unbeatable.  You've earned a vacation.  Save your energy for when you need it.  Later.  Much later.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:10 am 

lucyjoyce wrote: Too true.  In fact, the Lugs can just ignore their team's lineup and take it easy this week.  Just kick back and think about other things.  Lugs, you are unbeatable.  You've earned a vacation.  Save your energy for when you need it.  Later.  Much later.

Not so fast folks....
After last night it already looks bleak for the Lugs.
Thomas went the heck off for 2 TDs 7 catches and 146 total yards.  8O
If Sproles and Stewart come through like that it will be doom for the Lugs.
Backup RBs beating the Big Lugs to a pulp.
It is starting to look like the Lizards are handing the Lugs vacation tickets right now.
A one and done playoffs for the Big Lugs...

Right now a Pugugly Lizard or a Cubed Lizard Championship seems far more likely.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:40 am 

Aneoth wrote:
Not so fast folks....
After last night it already looks bleak for the Lugs.
Thomas went the heck off for 2 TDs 7 catches and 146 total yards.  8O
If Sproles and Stewart come through like that it will be doom for the Lugs.
Backup RBs beating the Big Lugs to a pulp.
It is starting to look like the Lizards are handing the Lugs vacation tickets right now.
A one and done playoffs for the Big Lugs...

Right now a Pugugly Lizard or a Cubed Lizard Championship seems far more likely.

I own Thomas in one of my other Yahoo leagues, unfortunately he grabbed bench last night.... :cry:   However, my opponent did play Reggie Bush, who has been a disaster since his injury, which he re-injured last night, so I'm ok (although if I had started Thomas that would have been a killing blow...sigh).  I can definitely tell you Thomas will be in the lineup next week vs the Detroit Kittens....!

The Luddite League is cursed....last year I also finished as the #1 seed, and got spanked 2 straight times in the playoffs to finish 4th....Cursed, I tell ya.....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:09 pm 

Such pessimism.... the Lizards have a player that got 30 points, and its all doom and gloom.

None of your players have hit the field yet John.... and its a rare week where you don't have MULTIPLE players go over 30. When was the last time your team scored under 140?

On the other hand, if you want to wash your hands of the whole thing and put all your players on the bench as its obviously hopeless, don't let me stop you. If I manage to beat the Uglies this week I'd MUCH rather face the Lizards than the Lugs in the championship game.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:28 pm 

What happens if there is a tie in a playoff game?

(not that my game is close.... I'm down by plenty. But the Lugs and Lizards looks like it will end up that way....)

Mike - what happens? Flip a coin? Bench scoring? Head to head during the year? Higher finisher in regular season?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:48 pm 

mdr003 wrote:What happens if there is a tie in a playoff game?

(not that my game is close.... I'm down by plenty. But the Lugs and Lizards looks like it will end up that way....)

Mike - what happens? Flip a coin? Bench scoring? Head to head during the year? Higher finisher in regular season?

As far as I know Yahoo goes by the seeding, meaning that it is up to the lower seed to beat the higher seed, all ties go to the higher seed.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:07 am 

According to the rules...

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/footba ... es-16.html

In the event that a playoff game ends in a tie, the deadlock will be broken using the following system:

Most touchdowns scored by entire starting roster.
Most fantasy points by starting quarterback(s).
Most fantasy points by starting defensive team(s).
Most fantasy points by starting defensive player(s).
Most fantasy points by starting defensive back(s).
Most fantasy points by starting defensive linemen.
Most fantasy points by starting wide receiver(s).
Most fantasy points by starting running back(s).
Most fantasy points by starting tight end(s).
Most fantasy points by starting kicker(s).
Random "coin flip".

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:13 am 

smarmy1 wrote:According to the rules...

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/footba ... es-16.html

In the event that a playoff game ends in a tie, the deadlock will be broken using the following system:

Most touchdowns scored by entire starting roster.
Most fantasy points by starting quarterback(s).
Most fantasy points by starting defensive team(s).
Most fantasy points by starting defensive player(s).
Most fantasy points by starting defensive back(s).
Most fantasy points by starting defensive linemen.
Most fantasy points by starting wide receiver(s).
Most fantasy points by starting running back(s).
Most fantasy points by starting tight end(s).
Most fantasy points by starting kicker(s).
Random "coin flip".

Heh, they must have changed that then. :) I am almost 100% positive it used to be the higher seed moved on.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:16 am 

There you go... I'll leave it to Aneoth and Lucy to sort it out, or wait till Tuesday when all will no doubt be revealed.

I'm too busy working out how many TDs McNabb has to throw for me to beat the Uglies... I think it's 8.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:13 am 

mdr003 wrote:There you go... I'll leave it to Aneoth and Lucy to sort it out, or wait till Tuesday when all will no doubt be revealed.

I'm too busy working out how many TDs McNabb has to throw for me to beat the Uglies... I think it's 8.

Ugh, I lost every playoff game in every Yahoo league I was in this week.  Geez.  My highlight will be playing for 3rd place in numerous leagues next week... :roll:

Anyway, the rule for playoff tiebreakers seems to be Total TDS, then QB score, then DEF score. By this criteria, it looks like Jo's 7-7 team might squeeze by Aneoth's 12-2 monolith.....she prevailed in all three of these. Pretty incredible playoff game there!!!!

Oh yeh and I can't hold it back....THIS YEAR'S GIANTS ARE TREATING DECEMBER JUST LIKE LAST YEAR'S COWBOYS!!!!  0-2! 20-8 COWBOYS WIN BABY!!!!  Not looking good for last year's superbowl winners the last two weeks.....or the rest of the season.    :D

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:29 am 

What a world...  :?
What a world...   :?
:(

Nice tie breaker Iguannas....   :lol:

Good luck next week against whomever.

BTW Her team beat mine in the other league this week too.
I got spanked in both of em.  :oops:

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:52 am 

Badmike wrote:

Ugh, I lost every playoff game in every Yahoo league I was in this week.  Geez.  My highlight will be playing for 3rd place in numerous leagues next week... :roll:

Anyway, the rule for playoff tiebreakers seems to be Total TDS, then QB score, then DEF score. By this criteria, it looks like Jo's 7-7 team might squeeze by Aneoth's 12-2 monolith.....she prevailed in all three of these. Pretty incredible playoff game there!!!!

Oh yeh and I can't hold it back....THIS YEAR'S GIANTS ARE TREATING DECEMBER JUST LIKE LAST YEAR'S COWBOYS!!!!  0-2! 20-8 COWBOYS WIN BABY!!!!  Not looking good for last year's superbowl winners the last two weeks.....or the rest of the season.    :D

Mike B.

Yeah let's see those Boys win a game in January ;)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:57 am 

Just read that Romos Fumble in the End Zone does not count as a lost fumble.
That woulda made the difference.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 24 of 73123 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 717273