NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 21 of 73123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 717273
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:18 am 

Grrrrr. I didn't start Forte because he was a Bear's rookie, I thought he might get pulled after 10 attemps, and the Colts, well, they're the Colts!  Their defence, september, building...  Damn.

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:38 am 

Forte looked strong. Hard to believe it was his first game. Maybe he'll be this year's Petersen.

You're not alone in dropping out of the Survival game, Mike - I had the Chargers and thought I was home. How Delhomme got the ball to the WR in the last second I'll never know.

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:29 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
You don't necessarilly need an MRI to know that a guy has a torn ACL. The MRI will confirm it, but there are several tests that they do before hand on it that can tell them pretty well if that is actually the case or not.

Again, take a look at the still photo of his knee during the play from Yahoo.  Knees just don't bend sideways like that. If he doesn't have at least a torn ACL or PCL or both, I will extremely, extremely surprised.

It's official:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8539262?MSNHPHMA

I'm picking the Bills to win the division now.  :roll:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:42 pm 

Holy Cow!  The Falcons might actually win five games this year instead of just four!   8O   I am pumped!

Actually, it's pretty sad how pathetic they have been over the years overall.  Once they changed owners from the Smiths, I thought things could only get better, but it has taken so long to change the culture and the winning and losing pattern.  I may never see the Falcons with a Super Bowl Championship. :cry:

Oh well.  Life goes on. 8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:03 am 

Just a quick question:  why doesn't yahoo post the player stats for tonight's games?

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:39 am 

PaulKM wrote:Just a quick question:  why doesn't yahoo post the player stats for tonight's games?

It's setup so stats update overnight. It's a bummer, but they do it that way deliberately...

Because, they have an option available so they update in realtime - it's called Stattracker, and you can pay $9.99 to activate it. Just look for the link, it's on a few pages.

(BTW is the 9.99 will get you stats turned on for all your teams, if you run more than one).

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:21 am 

mdr, thanks.

I was wondering when the final scores from week one would be posted. I was worried Badmike would have to manually add-up the player's ploints and adjust the match-up scores!

Some games were so close I'm dying to see the final points tally--both the match-ups and the individual points per player.

$9.99, no way.  That's potential beer money;)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:46 am 

PaulKM wrote:mdr, thanks.

I was wondering when the final scores from week one would be posted. I was worried Badmike would have to manually add-up the player's ploints and adjust the match-up scores!

Some games were so close I'm dying to see the final points tally--both the match-ups and the individual points per player.

$9.99, no way.  That's potential beer money;)

Add up points by hand? Yikes!  I haven't done that for a decade or so.  However, back in the day, used to wake up at 5 am Tuesday morning so I could get the paper and update the Monday night game so as to post the final stats for my league I've been running since 1992 (actually, 1993 but the league started in '92). That way I could get the emails out early and everyone could see the league totals when they got up before work (of course this was in the day of dial up so it took awhile to send out all those emails Tuesday morning). Used to have a complete four page weekly newsletter back then, also.  Wow, what a glutton for punishment I was.  I used to spend several hours a week writing up those things! Now the CBS sportsline site does all that crap.  

I got the Stat tracker this year...but I joined four leagues (I figured that way I would win at least ONCE a week, call me pitiful). If you are in one league, it's pretty easy to figure out the score w/o it, just make sure you have the scoring system, and check the stats at nfl.com for each game. They also have a in-game tracker so you can watch the stats update while games are in progress.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:49 am 

What did the Ladies of Pain do to piss off the Fantasy Gods?   They lost Brady AND Burleson to season ending injuries in the same week!!!   :(

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:11 am 

Badmike wrote:What did the Ladies of Pain do to piss off the Fantasy Gods?   They lost Brady AND Burleson to season ending injuries in the same week!!!   :(

Mike B.

I'm in grief counseling.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:19 am 

Mike,

Sounds like you ran the game exactly as when I last played--hence my screwing up the add/drop and waiver wire stuff.  I'd love to watch nfl.com, but life is in the way.  All my game time comes from reading and highlight reels :(

So when does the smack talk start?  

I think Lucy is playing possum. ;)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:35 am 

Sure, I'm playing possum.  You ever see a possum waddling across the road, oblivious to your oncoming car of doom?  That would be me.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:36 am 

Acaeum Collectors League.

Cant cut list.
Was it revised or eliminated?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:54 am 

Aneoth wrote:Acaeum Collectors League.

Cant cut list.
Was it revised or eliminated?

I just turned the Can't Cut List off.  Let me know if you run into any problems.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:19 am 

Avurax wrote:
I just turned the Can't Cut List off.  Let me know if you run into any problems.

Thanks Av....that thing is an unneccesary handcuff. I dumped it this year in the Luddite league also.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:57 pm 

Thanks av

please ignore my last E-Mail in that league.

It was just rantings made by an insane old man.

Now I can drop that Colston fella    8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:28 pm 

I enjoyed your email, Aneoth!  In response to your question "How was Brady dropped?", I can answer with certainty:  Like a hot potato!

As you may have seen, the Ladies are scrambling to shore up the team.  Good luck to all this weekend.  I am not too proud to take a win with the overall 2nd lowest score.  As you may have noticed.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:34 pm 

Aneoth wrote:Thanks av

please ignore my last E-Mail in that league.

It was just rantings made by an insane old man.

Now I can drop that Colston fella    8)

Aneoth since I too have lost Colston, I'm dying to hear the rant.  

My neighbours must have thought I was in a fight for my life when I got home.  I haven't let loose a string of non-stop profanities like that since I screwed up my draft. :)  

What a mess I have on my hands now. :roll:

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 21 of 73123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 717273