NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 19 of 73123 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 717273
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:18 am 

Avur:  I'm taking a chance on the first game, but why not :)

Oh for the leagues in general:  do people actually pick/rate the winner for the other match-ups or not?  I'm just wondering because I'll have to set my line-up late Saturday (god help me if Coles stays hobbled), and I hate to miss out on the fun.

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:12 am 

Paul, others will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you have to have your team line up ready to roll by gametime tonight (7 pm EST).

As far as picking winners from other team's matchups, it seemed to be a sporadic thing last year.  It did add to the fun - I was determined to either uphold someone's faith in me or prove them wrong, depending on whether they were for me or against me.  I don't know much about it, though.  Does one acquire anything other than bragging rights for correctly predicting outcomes of matchups?

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:48 am 

lucyjoyce wrote:Paul, others will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you have to have your team line up ready to roll by gametime tonight (7 pm EST).

Only the players that are playing tonight have to be chosen.  You can wait almost until kickoff for each player depending on when their game starts.

SH60B's quote of the weeK!!

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!

Follow The Acaeum on Twitter @TheAcaeum

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:43 am 

lucyjoyce wrote:  It did add to the fun - I was determined to either uphold someone's faith in me or prove them wrong, depending on whether they were for me or against me.  I don't know much about it, though.  Does one acquire anything other than bragging rights for correctly predicting outcomes of matchups?

Lucy, SH, thanks both.

Lucy I have complete faith that your team will crush me.  :)

It looks like Pittsburgh was the popular choice for Avur's pick'um league.   Four of us, I think it was four, could be gone in the first week!

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:46 am 

Well football season has officialy started:

:P

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:57 am 

bclarkie wrote:Well football season has officialy started:

:P

That was a great hit...Jacobs steamrolled that poor Redskin Red-shirt!  

BTW, any Redskins fans here?  If so...I'm so very, very sorry.....NOT!  :twisted:

Six wins, TOPS, this year for the Skins. :cry:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:19 pm 

Jacobs was a beast last night...
and Plaxico?

ARGGGGGGG

That really hurt my chances this week.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:30 pm 

Badmike wrote:

BTW, any Redskins fans here?  If so...I'm so very, very sorry.....NOT!  :twisted:

Mike B.

I keep watching it and laughing my ass off.  :lol: The best part might be the fact that not only does he run over him like he is a freaking tackling dummy, it looks like he steps on his chest and keeps going.  :twisted:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:03 pm 

Badmike wrote:

Mike B.

The Redskins have fans??? Thought it was just a cult of LARPers playing female orcs :wink:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:25 pm 

I was pretty surprised in the Luddite league when it got to the 4th round in the draft and Jacobs was still available... I snapped him up very happily.

Of course, he's not the most durable running back so we'll see how many games he plays over the year.

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:54 pm 

I had him in que when you took him, lol

SH60B's quote of the weeK!!

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!

Follow The Acaeum on Twitter @TheAcaeum

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:51 pm 

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP)—Tom Brady limped off the field under the worried stares of Patriots fans. The thing they feared most finally happened—losing the NFL’s reigning MVP to injury.

And with that, the Cones of Light hold a lead over the Ladies of Pain with a 39.10 to 30.44 score.  3 of her players have yet to play a game this week, but I'm hoping that I don't get completely destroyed.  :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:23 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP)—Tom Brady limped off the field under the worried stares of Patriots fans. The thing they feared most finally happened—losing the NFL's reigning MVP to injury.

And with that, the Cones of Light hold a lead over the Ladies of Pain with a 39.10 to 30.44 score.  3 of her players have yet to play a game this week, but I'm hoping that I don't get completely destroyed.  :)

As the rumor mill goes, it's a torn ACL. Season ending injury...

edited: Looks like its alll but official now. If you aren't convinced how severe it is though check out the picture on this page:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=m ... &type=lgns

It's not pretty at all.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:30 pm 

That's why they call them rumors. He hasn't even had an MRI.
The Pats will do fine; however, he won't be generating any fantasy points for a while.....
Several QB's put up insane numbers today.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:34 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
As the rumor mill goes, it's a torn ACL. Season ending injury...

Yeh, looks out he's out for the year. Wow. The Karmic Wheel is turning on the Pats and especially Bellicheat, starting with last year's Super Bowl.  Now we get to see what a great coach he is without the best QB in football. Methinks the Pats won't be running up the score too often on teams this year...and teams that got biker-stomped by the Pats last year may return the favor this year.  Sorry to any Pats fans because this really sucks...any true fan would rather his team beat another at full strength and not because of injury, especially this type.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:44 pm 

Care to make a bet they win the division? 10-6 or better?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:57 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Care to make a bet they win the division? 10-6 or better?

They still play in the worst division in football...with or without Brady.  That's most of the reason they went undeated last year (six free wins from the Jets, Dolphins and Bills).  They'll win that sorry division, despite Favre and the resurgent Jets.  But 10-6 isn't 16-0....no matter what they won't be the dominant team that blew a chance at immortality last year.  They barely beat a consensus pick for worst team in the AFC, the Chiefs, today, but they'll have two freebies vs the Dolphins, and have gifts against patsies the Rams, Raiders, and Seahawks this season.  What they won't do is run up the score and play games with teams in the 4th quarter (go for it on 4th down up by 4 TDs, for example) and may have to actually go into the last two minutes needed a score to win.  Actually this should be good for the team, and the fans....hardship bonds far better than over the top dominance, and a let down from last year was inevitable.  But the most hated team in the NFL shouldn't be surprised AFC rivals and their fans are chortling with glee at today's events....

The backup QB looked adequate and didn't make a fool of himself.  But he's not Tom Brady.  I'd be surprised if he got half the TDs Brady did last year (50).  But the team around him is too good to count them out...hell Trent Dilfer has a ring which should tell you something.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:19 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:That's why they call them rumors. He hasn't even had an MRI.
The Pats will do fine; however, he won't be generating any fantasy points for a while.....
Several QB's put up insane numbers today.

You don't necessarilly need an MRI to know that a guy has a torn ACL. The MRI will confirm it, but there are several tests that they do before hand on it that can tell them pretty well if that is actually the case or not.

Again, take a look at the still photo of his knee during the play from Yahoo.  Knees just don't bend sideways like that. If he doesn't have at least a torn ACL or PCL or both, I will extremely, extremely surprised.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 19 of 73123 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 717273