NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 18 of 73123 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 717273
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:10 pm 

John;

You misunderstand.  The keeper pick IS your first round pick.  You don't get a keeper pick AND a first round pick.  I agree, that would be insane, and I wouldn't even join a league that had that method of drafting!!!

I hope that settles the matter...!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:26 pm 

OK. I totaly read it all wrong then.

my apologies.

In that case, do We HAVE to keep anyone at all?

NONE of my players would likely be a top ten choice (much less top 6) in any sort of draft.
Not Even Anderson.
Have you seen his SOS this year?
OMG but its brutal..........
He will be lucky to be the starter by week 7.
Thats if he can still walk.

I would MUCH rather pick from the available players left at No. 6.

If I had Brady AND LT then yeah... no brainer there.
Same thing for Moss AND Westbrook.

If I had even one of them it would be a no brainer... but I didnt.
You know what I had... they were all (at best) average players who outperformed their ADP ratings.

Heck only one of my RBs was even a starter at the draft last year.... .
Edgerrin James....... he was THE stud RB for my team........ 8O  :lol:
And he could easily fall over from old age any minute.

I will need to know before your midnight deadline of course, if I must pick one of those asshats I had last season to be my keeper. :(
Once again, I would MUCH rather pick from the first round draft choices remaining along with the new guys.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:08 pm 

Aneoth wrote:OK. I totaly read it all wrong then.

my apologies.

In that case, do We HAVE to keep anyone at all?

NONE of my players would likely be a top ten choice (much less top 6) in any sort of draft.
Not Even Anderson.
Have you seen his SOS this year?
OMG but its brutal..........
He will be lucky to be the starter by week 7.
Thats if he can still walk.

I would MUCH rather pick from the available players left at No. 6.

If I had Brady AND LT then yeah... no brainer there.
Same thing for Moss AND Westbrook.

If I had even one of them it would be a no brainer... but I didnt.
You know what I had... they were all (at best) average players who outperformed their ADP ratings.

Heck only one of my RBs was even a starter at the draft last year.... .
Edgerrin James....... he was THE stud RB for my team........ 8O  :lol:
And he could easily fall over from old age any minute.

I will need to know before your midnight deadline of course, if I must pick one of those asshats I had last season to be my keeper. :(
Once again, I would MUCH rather pick from the first round draft choices remaining along with the new guys.

John;

No Keeper player is required. If you don't want one, draft in your regular position.  I agree you'll get a better player at #6!

Surprised at the good season Ed James had last year, even with his age. Lots of RB this year like him (Jamal Lewis for one) who I would have thought were on their last legs, turned in great years in 2007.  It's tough to pull the trigger on them this year, though, as age will eventually take it's toll and no one wants to be holding the bag when they crumple.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:26 pm 

.... It's tough to pull the trigger on them this year, though, as age will eventually take it's toll and no one wants to be holding the bag when they crumple.

You mean sorta Like Larry Johnson did for me last year?
4th pick overall, (or something close to it) and he sucked horribly.

Edgerrin James though...  Yeah, he did pretty well.
(Dont recall when I was blessed with him in the autodrdaft though).
He was one of the VERY few players that I kept the entire way from the autodraft picks.
At the end, James and IIRC just one or two WR's were all that remained of that awesome autodraft team.  :roll:

AUTODRAFTS RULE!!!!!!!!
...........not..........

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:10 am 

Mike,
Can we get the list of Franchised keeper players before the draft this morning?
It would be good to be able to update my want list in time to do some good.
Brady is a known, and Moss is also a likely keeper, but after them.....
We have no access to the other teams rosters from last season, so even a guess is impossible at this point.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:47 am 

I nice and light Football headline for the day of the draft
"Ocho Psycho."
or
"Ocho Cinco."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bengals-ochocinco&prov=ap&type=lgns

It is indeed a kids game.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:08 am 

Aneoth wrote:Mike,
Can we get the list of Franchised keeper players before the draft this morning?
It would be good to be able to update my want list in time to do some good.
Brady is a known, and Moss is also a likely keeper, but after them.....
We have no access to the other teams rosters from last season, so even a guess is impossible at this point.

Hi John -

If you go to Draft Central and pull up a list of players (click View All on the main page), any Keeper players have a small 'k' next to them.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:45 am 

mdr003 wrote:Hi John -
If you go to Draft Central and pull up a list of players (click View All on the main page), any Keeper players have a small 'k' next to them.
Regards
Mike

ok
Thanks Mike.
That helps a lot.
Danged TINY k though..............
Hard to see.............

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:38 am 

Yeah... looks like four players being kept - Brady, Moss, Manning and Romo.

PLENTY of talent left to choose from in the 1st and second rounds. But should you go Kicker-DEF or DEF-Kicker?

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:35 pm 

That was fun!!  I think most everybody has a well balanced team unlike last year when it was an autodraft.

SH60B's quote of the weeK!!

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!

Follow The Acaeum on Twitter @TheAcaeum

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:59 pm 

Lots of fun.

Um when can we start adding/dropping players?  Where do I find the league ( or is it just yahoo?) rules for that kind of thing.

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:01 am 

You should be able to drop/add players immediately. The only rules are waivers, which basicaly means that when a player initially becomes available (ie by being dropped by another team) you have one or two days to register an interest, by requesting to add that player. If more than one team try to add the player, the player goes to the team with the higher waiver priority.

You can find all the info in the 'Scores and Settings' on the league's home page.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:01 pm 

I think it was a good draft.
It was fun to type in comments on occasion too.
Not as good as a live in person draft, but still quite fun.

It should be quite a competitive league.
Both of the Acaeum leagues will be I think.

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:22 am 

Competitive, I agree.  Howevere, there are two or three teams that are scary.  8O

Newbie internet FBB questions (I just can't seem to find the information :oops: ):  How often can we move from players from the bench to starting line-up and back?  Is there a limited number of moves, or are we free to fiddle with the line-up as much as we want?  When is the cut-off time for moving players or better yet: when must the starting line-up be set?

Where are the waiver wire rules?  

What's with the "can't cut list?"

Okay, now to go dig out my dunce cap....

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:34 am 

PaulKM wrote:How often can we move from players from the bench to starting line-up and back?  Is there a limited number of moves, or are we free to fiddle with the line-up as much as we want?  When is the cut-off time for moving players or better yet: when must the starting line-up be set?

Where are the waiver wire rules?  

What's with the "can't cut list?"

Okay, now to go dig out my dunce cap....

Hi Paul -

You can move players between your bench and starting list as often as you like - there is no limit.

You can move players even after a weekend's games have started, as long as neither player involved (ie, the starter and bench warmer) have started their games. So for example, this weekend - if you have any players in Thursday's game, once that game has started their position in your roster is fixed for that week. Any other players you have due up on Sunday, you can swap up until their games start.

I don't know where the waiver rules are on the site. Basically, any players that become available through being dropped by another team, are placed in waiver for 1 day. Any team can submit an add for that player, but it isn't processed immediately. Instead, the system holds all requests for that player for one day, then awards the player to the team with the highest priority. I think waiver priority is based on your position on the ladder. For example, if Badmike drops Brady for whatever reason, you could expect numerous requests to add him from other teams. After a wait of one day, Brady would be awarded to whichever team was lowest on the ladder. Currently, Smarmy has the highest priority.

Of course, the team with the highest priority won't have all requests satisfied - they will have their 1st request processed, then the team with the next highest priority would have their turn, and so on.

Once the day is up, players become free agents - you can add and drop them immediately (any that you drop go to waivers).

It's pretty easy in practice - the vast majority of available players will be free agents and you can add/drop as much as you like. Occasionally someone you want is on waivers, and the system will tell you its pending, and you will get a success or fail email about the request the next day.

Can't Cut - after the draft, the system automatically added you best player to your can't cut list. I think its a tool to minimise collusion between players, ie a player out of the playoff race giving all his best players to his mate who made it in. It's not something you should need to worry about.

If you trade players with another team, thats handled a little differently - once you agree to a trade and put it in the system, it stays pending for a day, and other players can object if they feel its unfair (ie one player benefits too much). The Commissioner has the final say on whether trades go through.

I think thats all.... hope this helps.

Regards

Mike

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm 

mdr003 wrote:

Can't Cut - after the draft, the system automatically added you best player to your can't cut list. I think its a tool to minimise collusion between players, ie a player out of the playoff race giving all his best players to his mate who made it in. It's not something you should need to worry about.

I didn't activiate the "Can't Cut" list in the Luddite league this year...it was universally detested and I don't think we need the handcuff.

There is no limit to total drops/adds...there is a 15 transaction limit a week, surely no one will go to those lengths...?

There is a one day wait on the waiver wire players...everything is as Mdr says..

You do have to set your lineup and push the "Save changes" button or it will not save all your lineup changes...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:00 am 

Mike, Badmike:

Thanks so much for the information.

The starting line-up/bench adjustments, and the waiver-wire process, is what I had expected and hoped. :)

Badmike: the can't-cut list has our players listed, but I am glad to know it's inactive, especially for the dreaded IR.  

Great stuff!   Again, thanks.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:48 am 

One last post to see if I can enlist a few more players for Yahoo's Survival Football.  Plus the one and only reminder for everyone to select their week one winner.  The first regular season game is only 30 hours away.

The rules of the game are simple.  All you have to do is pick 1 winning team each week.  The challenge is that you can only pick a team once.  So picking the Patriots in week 1 takes the Patriots off your board the rest of the season.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival
Group ID: 9661
Password: collect

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 18 of 73123 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 717273