NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 73123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 717273
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:46 am 

hey AVU i thoroughly enjoyed the league - didnt find the interface at all problematic really, but then i havent played anything else, so havent got anything to compare against :)

it was just fun really and thats all that matters and i look forward to next years league.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:26 pm 

It's almost time again....   Who is in???

SH60B's quote of the weeK!!

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!

Follow The Acaeum on Twitter @TheAcaeum

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:28 pm 

Me. :salut:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:39 pm 

I'm in, if that's all right.  It's been a long time, and I may think CFL first, but we have the woeful Bills playing here next week.   Now luckily I just have to be a Giant's fan.

Hm, this is hard work if I remember.

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:33 pm 

I would be in again. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:00 pm 

Whoever was in my league last year, is welcome back, plus we need two-four more I think.  I won't have over 12 teams.....

We'll try not to have a auto draft so Aneoth's head doesn't explode this year.  :D

In a twist this year, entry fee to the league is one "letter" series module...no B2s or X1s, and in decent above average complete condition. Basically anything you have another copy of and don't mind losing...no need for H4s or anything. Winner is going to get a nice present at the end of the season!

I also think I'm going to enable a "Keeper" function allowing everyone to keep one member from their team from last season....

So if you want to return please let me know after Gencon (or before, if you want)....

LucyJoyce
FormCritic
Aneoth
SH60B
Khartsfield
Mdr003
Sheeadog

And will fill in the extra spaces after then. Also let me know your preferred draft day/time.  Be warned if you can't make the time you will have to AUTODRAFT!!!! Also be warned that this isn't a "for fun" league....I have to say last season in the Luddites was as cutthroat as a pirate ship.  None of us took it easy on the "girl", and she almost kicked all of our asses.  If you just want to fart around another league might be for you... 8O

Avurax you going to have your league again this year?  Nice to have both a "for fun" league and a "cutthroat" league....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:47 pm 

Yippee!  The Ladies of Pain are ready to suit up again.  Letter module for entry being selected now.  Bring it on!

I like the "keeper" idea.  Did I have any keepers?  Hmmmm....

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:23 am 

I am certainly in and I would NOT wish to use the freaking autodraft choice.

Anytime on any day for a (more or less) live draft is fine with me.
Post the time/date here and/or PM me.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:38 am 

I'm in!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:03 am 

I'm in!!!

Live draft would work for me late evening or weekends.

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:46 pm 

I'm in if there's room.

Mark

ICQ YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:23 pm 

Mike, Please let all the GM's know that trading is allowed and that it wont cause you to loose your hair or anything wierd.

Almost no one would trade last year.

BTW: Have I ever stated how much I hate Autodrafting?
Well I do. :x

The freaking autodraft crippled my team last seaon.
Of course two screwed up former all pro QBs and two screwed up former all pro RB's had a lot to do with that too.
I am planning to stay FAR away from any of the AINTS (QB), Broncos (RBs), and Chiefs (RB) this time.

But, after the autodraft software was finished with my team, I ended up with 8 or 9 WR's on a team with just 19 players total!   :roll:

The only reason I won any weeks after week four was through dumb luck and because I had a little bit of luck from the waiver wire.

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:41 pm 

If there is enough interest, I can renew the non-cutthroat recreational league this year.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:17 pm 

Officially registering interest, Avurax!

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:00 pm 

Me too

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:45 pm 

I went ahead and renewed the league from last year.  We will have to see if there is enough interest to field enough teams.  For those that have played at Yahoo before, here are the abbreviated instructions:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1
League ID: 399749
Password: acaeum

Detailed Instructions (copied from last year)
Click on the following link: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1.  This takes you to the Yahoo Fantasy Football '08 Home Page
In the "It's Go Time!" section, click on the "Sign Up Now" button.  This should take you to the "Sign in to Yahoo!" page.  
You will need a Yahoo ID.
*If you have a Yahoo ID already, sign in.
*If not, click on the "Sign Up" button toward the bottom right of the screen next to the "Don't have a Yahoo! ID?" section.  You will be asked a few questions and then can continue.
Once you are signed in, you should be at the "Welcome to Fantasy Football registration" page.
Click on the "Join league" button under "Managers - Join existing league" header.
This should bring up the "Join a League" page.
Under the "Accept an invitation to join a Custom League" header, select the "Join Custom" button.
Input League ID: 399749
Input Password: acaeum
Save & Continue

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:10 pm 

I joined. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:35 pm 

Avurax wrote:I went ahead and renewed the league from last year.  We will have to see if there is enough interest to field enough teams.  For those that have played at Yahoo before, here are the abbreviated instructions:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1
League ID: 399749
Password: acaeum

Detailed Instructions (copied from last year)
Click on the following link: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1.  This takes you to the Yahoo Fantasy Football '08 Home Page
In the "It's Go Time!" section, click on the "Sign Up Now" button.  This should take you to the "Sign in to Yahoo!" page.  
You will need a Yahoo ID.
*If you have a Yahoo ID already, sign in.
*If not, click on the "Sign Up" button toward the bottom right of the screen next to the "Don't have a Yahoo! ID?" section.  You will be asked a few questions and then can continue.
Once you are signed in, you should be at the "Welcome to Fantasy Football registration" page.
Click on the "Join league" button under "Managers - Join existing league" header.
This should bring up the "Join a League" page.
Under the "Accept an invitation to join a Custom League" header, select the "Join Custom" button.
Input League ID: 399749
Input Password: acaeum
Save & Continue

Hey, I'm in Badmikes's league already, can I be in yours as well?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 73123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 717273