NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 13 of 73123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 717273
Author

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:52 pm 

I forced myself to suffer through that Monday night snoozefest and saw the play where Ricky Williams went down.

He looked OK but was laying belly down on the mud and a 300 pounder Steeler stomped on his right shoulder blade. I'm surprised it was just a torn muscle.  8O

He did not perform any miracles when he played in the CFL either.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:04 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:I forced myself to suffer through that Monday night snoozefest and saw the play where Ricky Williams went down.

He looked OK but was laying belly down on the mud and a 300 pounder Steeler stomped on his right shoulder blade. I'm surprised it was just a torn muscle.  8O

He did not perform any miracles when he played in the CFL either.

To say that the Heinz field was a disgrace would probably be the understatement of the year.  I can honestly say that I have been watching/playing football since as far back as I can remember and I have seen many games in all manner of bad weather conditions and I can;t ever remeber seeing it be that bad before.  Also,  I can honestly say that I have never ever in my entire life have ever seen anything like when Miami punted in the third quarter and the ball stuck into the turf straight up and down like it was a lawn dart.   :?  What a joke.

On a sadder note, and that I am Skins fan or a Sean Taylor fan, but I must say that I was very sad to see that he passed away this morning from the gunshot wound.  What a shame.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:05 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Wow...didnt take long for Ricky Williams to go belly up.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7496462?MSNHPHMA

Anyone who picked him up expecting something to happen....better luck next year.  :wink:

It turned out the Block Wipes didn't need his 1 pt Monday night..after the game he was given a bong full of Thai's best, a bus ticket out of town, and a swift kick in ass and let go this morning.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:11 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
To say that the Heinz field was a disgrace would probably be the understatement of the year.  I can honestly say that I have been watching/playing football since as far back as I can remember and I have seen many games in all manner of bad weather conditions and I can;t ever remeber seeing it be that bad before.  Also,  I can honestly say that I have never ever in my entire life have ever seen anything like when Miami punted in the third quarter and the ball stuck into the turf straight up and down like it was a lawn dart.   :?  What a joke.

That ass whip ofa game in London this year (again the poor Dolphins) was pretty awful conditions.....but nothing like the Monday night game.  Did they same they had just replaced the field or something?  With what?  Mud?  I usually enjoy watching games in extreme conditions, but this was ridiculous.

On a sadder note, and that I am Skins fan or a Sean Taylor fan, but I must say that I was very sad to see that he passed away this morning from the gunshot wound.  What a shame.

He shouldn't have brought a machete to a gun fight...

Seriously...condolences to his family and small child...but if I hear someone breaking in at night, I'm telling my wife to dial 911 and I'm getting out the heavy artillery...NOT a big knife.  And if all I have is a machete, I'm NOT confronting ANYONE in my house at that hour. And apparantly this wasn't the first time his place had been broken into or burglarized.  I don't think we've heard the last about this story, it sounds, I don't know, like there's something weird going on here.  Could be wrong, but it will be interesting to see what happens in the investigation.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:04 am 

I thought the game was really good.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:46 am 

It was not just a random break-in, that much was established. He was somehow involved in something shady. Not a big surprise.
Honestly, anyone (including the Dolphins) who expected Dopey to come back after years of getting stoned and perform got what they deserved.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:15 pm 

Badmike wrote:
He shouldn't have brought a machete to a gun fight...

Seriously...condolences to his family and small child...but if I hear someone breaking in at night, I'm telling my wife to dial 911 and I'm getting out the heavy artillery...NOT a big knife.  And if all I have is a machete, I'm NOT confronting ANYONE in my house at that hour. And apparantly this wasn't the first time his place had been broken into or burglarized.  I don't think we've heard the last about this story, it sounds, I don't know, like there's something weird going on here.  Could be wrong, but it will be interesting to see what happens in the investigation.

Mike B.

His GIRLFRIENDS house located in Florida (Which he had purchased for her after their love child was born) has been broken into 8 days prior to the deadly night, and a kichen knife was left on the bed by the "Burglar" as a warning of some sort (They THINK).

After that happened, he kept a machette next to the bed.

If it had been me I would have:
1) Had a loaded double barrelled shotgun (loaded with 00 Buckshot) lying next to the bed, instead of a big knife.
OR
2) if the girlfriend did not like guns, then ALL three of us (Me, the girlfriend, and our 18 month old love child) would have been sleeping in a different state, or the district of Columbia, so as to be closer to work .........

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:26 pm 

Badmike wrote:That ass whip ofa game in London this year (again the poor Dolphins) was pretty awful conditions.....but nothing like the Monday night game.  Did they same they had just replaced the field or something?  With what?  Mud?  I usually enjoy watching games in extreme conditions, but this was ridiculous.

The Saturday before that muddy night in PITT the stadium had hosted a marathon of FIVE high School playoff games.

Late that night, the field was in a shambles.
Sunday morning they REPLACED the ripped up SOD with new SOD.

After that was done, they covered the field with tarps.
It then started to rain and did so all evening and all night.

The rain worked its way under the tarps and pooled on and under the sod.
Seperating it from the soil. It takes 3 full weeks of non-use for Sod to take root in the soil. Not 3 hours.

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:48 pm 

Aneoth wrote:
His GIRLFRIENDS house located in Florida (Which he had purchased for her after their love child was born) has been broken into 8 days prior to the deadly night, and a kichen knife was left on the bed by the "Burglar" as a warning of some sort (They THINK).

After that happened, he kept a machette next to the bed.

If it had been me I would have:
1) Had a loaded double barrelled shotgun (loaded with 00 Buckshot) lying next to the bed, instead of a big knife.
OR
2) if the girlfriend did not like guns, then ALL three of us (Me, the girlfriend, and our 18 month old love child) would have been sleeping in a different state, or the district of Columbia, so as to be closer to work .........

Now they are saying it was punks who heard about how nice the home was and all the goodies inside...I can't believe he didn't have at least an alarm system or as you said a nice loaded shotgun nearby. I really hate assholes that feel like they are entitled to stuff YOU have paid for yourself.....because they are too lazy, stupid or just larcenous to bother to make their own money.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:47 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Now they are saying it was punks who heard about how nice the home was and all the goodies inside...I can't believe he didn't have at least an alarm system or as you said a nice loaded shotgun nearby. I really hate assholes that feel like they are entitled to stuff YOU have paid for yourself.....because they are too lazy, stupid or just larcenous to bother to make their own money.

Mike B.

Why didn't he buy a house in a nicer neighborhood?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:37 am 

Turns out the punks actually KNEW the victims and the layout of the house. One of the punks was dating Sean Taylor's Girlfriends sister and had been in the house on several occasions to visit.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:18 pm 

As we head into the final week before the playoffs, I can't help but note that BOTH of my teams will probably remain on the outside, looking in.  But I wanted to thank my opponents for a blast of a season, and for letting a girl play with the big boys.  You are gentlemen, every one!  And may the best team win!

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:11 am 

lucyjoyce wrote:As we head into the final week before the playoffs, I can't help but note that BOTH of my teams will probably remain on the outside, looking in.  But I wanted to thank my opponents for a blast of a season, and for letting a girl play with the big boys.  You are gentlemen, every one!  And may the best team win!

I'll bet you are pleasantly surprised at the outcome in the Acaeum Collectors League.  The past four or five weeks your team has been consistently one of the best.  Honestly I dont see anyone beating the Dragons though....not unless some of his players just have a shit week.  I am actually surprised that I made the playoffs.  Only 4 weeks did I have over 100 points and the only reason I was able to stick with it was because of Tom Brady, a few stellar performances by Terrell Owens, and some really good luck.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:46 pm 

Congratulations to the four teams in the championship bracket of the Acaeum Collector's League:

Dragons (Bclarkie)
Screaming Evils (King Of Pain)
Smarmy ShrinkWraps (smarmy1)
Ladies of Pain (lucyjoyce)

Kudos to the four teams in the consolation bracket:

The Killer B's (bspaul41)
Block Wipes (Badmike)
Snit Smashers (mdr003)
Freeport Gargoyles (FormCritic)

Anyone who can finish in the top half with next to zero depth and a waiver wire featuring guys no one has ever heard of has something to be proud of.  To the rest of us, there is always next year  :wink:

Thanks again to everyone who played.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:18 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
I'll bet you are pleasantly surprised at the outcome in the Acaeum Collectors League.

Pleasantly surprised doesn't even come close.  Thanks for the kind words.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:46 pm 

lucyjoyce wrote:
Pleasantly surprised doesn't even come close.  Thanks for the kind words.

LJ (Screaming Iguanas) made the playoffs in the Acaeum League also...but has to face my juggernaut (Tegel Shrews) in the first round.  I'm not taking it easy on the Iguanas because you're a lady...you've proven you're tough enough to take it!  I only hope the Pats don't start resting Tom Brady the next few weeks or so....he's my point whore for the Shrews. Good Luck!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:32 pm 

I has happy with the outcome from week 14 - the Smashers were tied for 7th with 5 other teams - six of us at 6-7. I was in 12th though, with a poor points differential.

However... the other five teams I was tied with all lost - so I vaulted from 12th into 7th, and my season continues.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:46 pm 

mdr003 wrote:I has happy with the outcome from week 14 - the Smashers were tied for 7th with 5 other teams - six of us at 6-7. I was in 12th though, with a poor points differential.

However... the other five teams I was tied with all lost - so I vaulted from 12th into 7th, and my season continues.

Regards

Mike

And Mike is in the playoffs in the Luddite league also....good luck there, until or if you face my Shrews!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 13 of 73123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 717273