NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:17 am 

Hey BadMike.

I think the cant cut list should be overridden.
What governs, or controls which players are on that list anyway?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:37 am 

Aneoth wrote:Hey BadMike.

I think the cant cut list should be overridden.
What governs, or controls which players are on that list anyway?

I agree...

I got rid of the handcuff, and would urge the Acaeum league to do the same (just go to Commissioner Tools, then  league settings, then Can't Cut List provider and click "none").

The list is put together by Yahoo "gurus" (idiots,look at some of their advice sometime if you want to lose a game) who supposedly fill it with the best players in the league, so you can't cut them at the end of the season and provide a unfair advantage if two teams decided to cheat (one team dropping all their best players so the other team can pick them up).  Unfortunately, I don't know when they update the list, but it still has driftwood like Frank Gore (#75 in the league), Roy Williams, Clinton Portis and other non-performers instead of players like Derek Anderson and Wes Welker.  There doesn't seem to be any scientific method to the madness.  

Anyway, the Luddite league is now free of interference...drop all the non-performing deadwood you want!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:09 am 

THANKS!

When you first started the luddites league, I thought that the restriction was based solely on Draft pick order. IE: no one could drop a 1st, 2nd, 3rd round pick.

Now I know thats not true.

I always agreed with the Yahoo Sites statement in that two teams COULD cheat, but I truly do not think that our leagues team owners would do that.

BTW: I hope no one really expects me to drop Roy Williams...............
But, finally I can rid my team of Edgerrin James and that danged Larry Johnson.  :roll:

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:56 pm 

Aneoth wrote:two teams COULD cheat, but I truly do not think that our leagues team owners would do that

We are WAY too cutthroat for that!

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:08 am 

Some leagues have a waiting period after a player is cut. The player is untouchable for a day or two, and then whoever has the highest waiver pick has the choice.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:34 am 

Well. Likely to lose yet again this week.
My Team is only up by 12 with opponent having another player going tonight.

Looks like I will be at 500 for the season and in third place all by myself for a week. With 3 teams tied for second.......................

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:44 am 

Aneoth wrote:Well. Likely to lose yet again this week.
My Team is only up by 12 with opponent having another player going tonight.

Looks like I will be at 500 for the season and in third place all by myself for a week. With 3 teams tied for second.......................

What's bad is that I have Tom Brady and LT, and I'm about to lose my third straight (with Big Ben Rothlesburger filling in for Brady's bye!!!!).  Meanwhile my team of kick returners in the Aceaum league just pasted Kingofpain's Brady and TO led studs....the perils of bye weeks....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:43 pm 

Badmike wrote:
What's bad is that I have Tom Brady and LT, and I'm about to lose my third straight (with Big Ben Rothlesburger filling in for Brady's bye!!!!).  Meanwhile my team of kick returners in the Aceaum league just pasted Kingofpain's Brady and TO led studs....the perils of bye weeks....

Mike B.

Yeah...that was pretty rough.  But that's what happens when you have two worthless running backs, a turd of a backup quarterback, and only one receiver that actually does anything.

It looked as if I was going to be able to last the entire season without involving myself in trades but it looks like I may have to start begging around to find myself even a half ass decent running back.  But I may have to trade away someone decent to get one.  :(

Note to self:  Don't join a fantasy football league with 16 team slots ever again.  :P

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:15 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Yeah...that was pretty rough.  But that's what happens when you have two worthless running backs, a turd of a backup quarterback, and only one receiver that actually does anything.

It looked as if I was going to be able to last the entire season without involving myself in trades but it looks like I may have to start begging around to find myself even a half ass decent running back.  But I may have to trade away someone decent to get one.  :(

Note to self:  Don't join a fantasy football league with 16 team slots ever again.  :P

While I was getting my ass kicked during the bye weeks, I managed to accumulate Ryan Grant, Selvin Young, Jesse Chatman and Kolby Smith.  Well, all four had their coming out party this weekend, although Smith's was more like a two-carry turd laying (bye bye, Kolby).  Anyway 3 outta four aint bad and I think I've reloaded enough (was doing alright until injuries took Derrick Ward and Sammy Morris) to challenge for the playoffs the next few weeks....just got to get some more consistent kick returners to go with Josh Cribbs, Ed Drummond, and Devin Hester....  
  And if someone wanted to part with, say, a Randy Moss or TO (hint, hint), I could see letting one of my RB troika go along with a nice kick returner....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:32 pm 

My FF fortunes are pretty up and down - the Cubes started off strong, but started to struggle in the last few weeks (even before AP got hurt). The slide started with the loss to the Roglaroon Raiders - we'll see if they can bounce back to make the playoffs.

Conversely, the Snit Smashers are coming good after a horror start. Steve Jackson is back on the the field, Reggie Wayne is playing good football and even Warrick Dunn has had 16 and 19 points in the last two weeks after I picked him up as a FA - he might stay in the starting roster at the expense of Thomas Jones, he's playing so well. Maybe the Smashers will finish the year with more wins than losses.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:56 pm 

I was exceedingly lucky to win last week, by only 3 points.

I was unable to upgrade by trade at RB, so I had to drop a very productive WR to get Dunn, hoping he would continue to do well and stay in as the starter.

With Larry Johnson injured and maybe done for the season and Holmes not doing as much as I had hoped for, my RB depth is dangerously thin.
Of course that has been the case all year long.

I had picked up Young early on and held onto him for years it seemed and just before he began to play, I Dropped Young.
That was a very bad move on my part.
At the time, I had though the Henry suspension court thing would go on the entire season.
And it may still do so, but Henry is now hurt and may not play again even if he does not get banished.

The luddites league is VERY competitive.
FIVE teams are tied for first.
No team is out of the running for a FFB playoff spot.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:42 pm 

What a week.... I had the Cubes written off before the Sunday night game. I was 33 behind with only Moss to play, and Magic Missile had the Pats kicker. I chalked up a loss and relaxed to watch the game. By half time I was not only back in the game due to Moss's FOUR TDs, but had hit the lead primarily because the Pats don't kick field goals.

Four TDs to Moss, 8 extra points (and no FG) to Gostowski, and the Cubes win by 5.

Now if only Petersen would get healthy and I can get Jones out of the lineup....

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:11 pm 

Did you guys see this?

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news?slug=ab-sundayscene111807

I wonder what "just in case" means....

Regards

Mike

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:43 pm 

mdr003 wrote:Did you guys see this?

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news?slug=ab-sundayscene111807

I wonder what "just in case" means....

Regards

Mike

Just in case one has to look up how to destroy the Iron Flask of Tuerney the Merciless!  Isn't it obvious?

bonk!

P.S. dude looks like he's 15.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:28 pm 

I'd like to congratulate the repo men on their first win of the season.

This victory moves them into...uhhhh... last place.

Good work guys.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:59 pm 

Wow...didnt take long for Ricky Williams to go belly up.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7496462?MSNHPHMA

Anyone who picked him up expecting something to happen....better luck next year.  :wink:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:52 pm 

I forced myself to suffer through that Monday night snoozefest and saw the play where Ricky Williams went down.

He looked OK but was laying belly down on the mud and a 300 pounder Steeler stomped on his right shoulder blade. I'm surprised it was just a torn muscle.  8O

He did not perform any miracles when he played in the CFL either.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:04 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:I forced myself to suffer through that Monday night snoozefest and saw the play where Ricky Williams went down.

He looked OK but was laying belly down on the mud and a 300 pounder Steeler stomped on his right shoulder blade. I'm surprised it was just a torn muscle.  8O

He did not perform any miracles when he played in the CFL either.

To say that the Heinz field was a disgrace would probably be the understatement of the year.  I can honestly say that I have been watching/playing football since as far back as I can remember and I have seen many games in all manner of bad weather conditions and I can;t ever remeber seeing it be that bad before.  Also,  I can honestly say that I have never ever in my entire life have ever seen anything like when Miami punted in the third quarter and the ball stuck into the turf straight up and down like it was a lawn dart.   :?  What a joke.

On a sadder note, and that I am Skins fan or a Sean Taylor fan, but I must say that I was very sad to see that he passed away this morning from the gunshot wound.  What a shame.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext