NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:02 am 

FormCritic wrote:The Freeport Gargoyles are signed up and ready!

When is the draft?

Is it an automatic draft?

Hope it is an auto draft because I couldn't name a single player from the league if you offered me money. Which is why my main gameplan will be based on implausible flukery (TM) for game day 1. You don't stand a chance.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:33 am 

i saw it on the news the other day, that whatever game got played last weekend, one of them big guys (man this sounds vague) was injured and possibly out for the season, but MAN he was an ugly bint.

Al :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:53 am 

We should definitely do a manual draft. The people that can't make it can autopick, which they would do anyways.
Most drafts have a chat feature running as well. It would be nice to bark back and forth with the drafters!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:14 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:We should definitely do a manual draft. The people that can't make it can autopick, which they would do anyways.
Most drafts have a chat feature running as well. It would be nice to bark back and forth with the drafters!

well i wouldnt have a clue what to do with regards to that, so can you still do the auto thing?

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:21 pm 

Live draft.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:22 pm 

Sorry for the two long winded posts so far.  I figured I would rather have too much information out there and have it completely ignored than to have too little and there be questions.  Tomorrow (or later tonight) should be my last Fantasy Football Essay - Scoring (and no, it won't help you with your dating life!  :lol: ).

Badmike wrote:You know, with an attitude like that, Al is probably going to win it all......

In the league I run (15th year this season!!!) there is a guy that basically goes through life stoned half the year.  His draft picks are head scratchers.  Yet he's always in the thick of it come November, ahead of other teams that spend money on draft programs and draft analysis.

Last year I ran a league with a bunch of people who had never played.  After the draft, I looked over all the teams and thought they were pretty even with one exception.  A woman who had never played before picked players who, to me looked like a stretch at about every position.  But I'll be damned if she didn't end up winning the league.

Anyway, Q&A Time

killjoy32 wrote:i havent got a clue what you are talking about there.... when you talk about all this draft stuff, i feel like homer simpson :)

can i just leave it as that AUTO thing and just get whoever i get? its all for fun anyway, so thats all i am bother about and you lot can assist when i am firing questions about this or that every 5 minutes :)

Al

By joining the league you have satisfied 100% of your obligations up to and including the draft.  If you don't want to rank players, you absolutely don't have to.  Your team will be auto-drafted whether the league elects to live draft or not.  After the draft it takes about 15 minutes a week to decide who to start and who to bench.

megnelwil wrote:Hope it is an auto draft because I couldn't name a single player from the league if you offered me money. Which is why my main gameplan will be based on implausible flukery (TM) for game day 1. You don't stand a chance.

Clarification on draft types: In an auto-draft, everyone auto-drafts.  In a live draft, everyone who shows up will draft in real time.  Anyone who is not able to attend will still have their team the next day just as if they auto-drafted.  The only thing that an auto-drafter would miss is a couple of hours of folks busting each other's chops.  :twisted:

Note on Draft Date: Apparently there is a small convention next week in Indianapolis, IN.  GIN*TONIC or some such?  8O   So a request was made to consider not having the draft next week.  

How would folks feel about Saturday evening, August 25th?  Again, just throwing out a date to get some conversations started.

Another attempt at brevity gone awry. :scratch:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:01 pm 

OK...Saturday the 25th...during my weekly game, but I believe I can rank players beforehand, right?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:48 pm 

Avurax wrote:How would folks feel about Saturday evening, August 25th?  Again, just throwing out a date to get some conversations started.

Another attempt at brevity gone awry. :scratch:

Sounds good....I'm afraid if I auto draft, I'll either end up with A. Everyone from one team and be forced to watch the Vikings games every weekend this season, or B. 8 Quarterbacks and no other positions.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:24 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:We should definitely do a manual draft. The people that can't make it can autopick, which they would do anyways.

Ugh!  It smells like sports in here or somethin'.  :D  

Not my thing, and I'll be putting in overtime at work that evening anyway, but I figured I'd offer up the chat venue if required...I don't know if you fanatics have it covered already with the Yahoo thing-a-mag-jig.

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:43 pm 

Saturday evening on the 25th sounds good.... it should be Sunday daytime sometime here. I'll be logged in, trying to recruit some decent players for the Smashers.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:11 am 

I'm game for everyone tossing in a book or mod for the overall winner. Maybe we can each cough up a B1 or 2........

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:16 am 

i have a company m-bag downstairs that i could offer :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:09 pm 

I'm in! The Rust Monsters(a little old school). Live draft. Auto draft. I don't care. I just want to HIT something. Seriously, I do have a question about autodraft order and positions. I put all my QB choices first, then RB's, then WR's, etc. After you fill a position, say QB, will it skip your other QB choices or will I end up with all QB's on my bench? Also, I have a bag and a couple of balls I can contribute towards prizes. Oops sorry, no, I need them. -Tom

Started playing D&D at Great Lakes in '76-'77. Went to Dungeon in Lake Geneva. Got to adventure in original Blackmoor. Saved some rare pieces from then, not in best shape: Palace of Vampire Queen, Beastmaker Mountain. Started collecting recently.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:27 pm 

BTW, Snit Smashers will be the first to be crushed by the mighty Rust Monsters! Ha, Ha!

Started playing D&D at Great Lakes in '76-'77. Went to Dungeon in Lake Geneva. Got to adventure in original Blackmoor. Saved some rare pieces from then, not in best shape: Palace of Vampire Queen, Beastmaker Mountain. Started collecting recently.

Last edited by tntwargo on Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:58 pm 

tntwargo wrote:BTW, Snit Smashers will be the first to be crushed by the might Rust Monsters! Ha, Ha!

The smack talk has started early this year.... we haven'tt even got our rosters yet and already the Smashers are being degraded and insulted.

In answer to your question though Tom - from my experience, the draft program won't care if you already have a QB - if you rank all your QBs first, it will keep drafting them for you and will only move on to your RB choices after it has tried to obtain all your QBs for you.

If you don't think you'll be around for the live draft and are planning on ranking players, try and rank them in the order you would draft them if you were online - it's difficult to do because you're kind of assuming you'll be able to get the players you want. So rank them, but mix the positions up - don't put all the QBs at the top of the tree.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:06 pm 

Mike, Thanks. I kind of figured that was the deal. I hope to be available for the draft. BTW, why can't we have a Fantasy Footy league? I learned about Footy when I visited your wonderful country back in the late 1970's while in the USN. Are you Snit Smashers? If so, I'm sorry for the severe beating I will have to administer to you in the first week, but I must send a message to the league, NO MERCY! -Tom

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:54 am 

tntwargo wrote:Mike, Thanks. I kind of figured that was the deal. I hope to be available for the draft. BTW, why can't we have a Fantasy Footy league? I learned about Footy when I visited your wonderful country back in the late 1970's while in the USN. Are you Snit Smashers? If so, I'm sorry for the severe beating I will have to administer to you in the first week, but I must send a message to the league, NO MERCY! -Tom

There is an Aussie Rules version of this ... just need to find the link again ....

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:46 am 

improvstone wrote:
There is an Aussie Rules version of this ... just need to find the link again ....

http://afl1.virtualsports.com.au/

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

PreviousNext