NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:24 pm 

No question. Getting the handcuff backup for your stud player (RB's especially) can be important to continued production in Fantasy Football.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:23 pm 

So, does anyone have any idea what is going on with the Roglaroon Raiders in our little Acaeum (luddites) FFB League?

Is he OK?

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:30 pm 

Aneoth wrote:So, does anyone have any idea what is going on with the Roglaroon Raiders in our little Acaeum (luddites) FFB League?

Is he OK?

Well it's formcritic...it's odd he hasn't had a single roster move all year...and his team is 2-5...but he seems to be still among the living.

BTW, kudos to Sheeadog....whose team is 0-7 in the Luddites league...he renamed his crew "The Miami Dolphins" in honor of the NFL's winless wonders....nice..... :lol:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:28 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Well it's formcritic...it's odd he hasn't had a single roster move all year...and his team is 2-5...but he seems to be still among the living.

BTW, kudos to Sheeadog....whose team is 0-7 in the Luddites league...he renamed his crew "The Miami Dolphins" in honor of the NFL's winless wonders....nice..... :lol:

Mike B.

It is more than just no roster moves such as drop/adds, or trades. He has also not made a single starting roster change either. Including not moving/replacing starting players that were on their BYE weeks. Last week and the week before he started 2 and 3 players that were on their BYE weeks.

This week he has another player on the BYE week. If I am correct, his starting roster has not been changed since it was first set up.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:24 pm 

Badmike wrote:

Mike B.

Haven't given up yet on my team.  If I'm lucky I can upgrade my team name to the "Atlanta Falcons" with a win this weekend...

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:19 pm 

Yup. I think you would have won this week with last weeks team.
With your two new roster players I think the chance is better that you win a lot more games down the road.

Some of your loses were by around ten points. In fact only the Cubes and Shrews won by more than 15. That is just bad luck for your players.

Too bad we have to play those stacked teams at all.
But all of us do. Sadly. And twice at least.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:43 pm 

I wonder if there is enough interest here to create and run a mid-season FFB league?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:41 pm 

Aneoth wrote:Too bad we have to play those stacked teams at all.
But all of us do. Sadly. And twice at least.

Ha... you know, when I look at the Luddites league the team I'm most worried about is the D-Sharks. After a poor start to the season, they're on a roll after some cagey roster moves and shark-like trades. The Cubes started strong, but are weakening... leaving most of their strength on the corridor walls I guess as we shamble along.

It looks like Formcritic has checked in for some roster moves as well... just in time for the Cubes matchup.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:40 pm 

Nothing to worry about from my team.
Just dont come swimming............

Naw. With the one trade before week one I thought I had made a good move after week one when Jacobs was injured. Then Deuce left for the season.

Advantage the other guys.

The only other trade I have made was yesterday.
I traded my most productive WR (Coles) and a starting RB (K. Jones) who last season was a top ten NFL RB and even better in PPR Leagues, to get Gates (TE) and a WR that has done nothing this season but whine. (Evans)

That trade may prove to be a silly move on my part too.
Especially consirering I already had Daniels at TE.
But it did benefit the Miami team sending him two starters and loosing one. And he still has an excellent TE in Heath Miller.

Miami should get the win this week baring any craziness.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:19 pm 

Aneoth wrote:Nothing to worry about from my team.
Just dont come swimming............

Naw. With the one trade before week one I thought I had made a good move after week one when Jacobs was injured. Then Deuce left for the season.

Advantage the other guys.

The only other trade I have made was yesterday.
I traded my most productive WR (Coles) and a starting RB (K. Jones) who last season was a top ten NFL RB and even better in PPR Leagues, to get Gates (TE) and a WR that has done nothing this season but whine. (Evans)

That trade may prove to be a silly move on my part too.
Especially consirering I already had Daniels at TE.
But it did benefit the Miami team sending him two starters and loosing one. And he still has an excellent TE in Heath Miller.

Miami should get the win this week baring any craziness.

I must say that my position on top of the league is startling (6-1 halfway through).  I had autodraft like everyone else, and ended up with LT and Tom Brady. It should be noted that LT started out very slow (terrible first three games), and pre-season rankings on Brady had him about 5th or 6th in the QB selections.  And that despite having Marion Barber I've managed to play him on only his worst games of the season (entirely avoiding his bust out games).  

The waiver wire warriors are sometimes the suprise teams of leagues....they are continually upgrading their squads while more "stacked" teams sometimes remain complacent, until it's too late.  I have dropped every player save one in my Acaeum league team.....and I'm proud to be 4-3 with this group, considering the cow manure the autodraft gave me (Matt Leinart?  Darrel Jackson? Marty Booker? Vernand Morency? Please).  If I make it to the playoffs with the Block Wipes, I'll be much more proud of the job I've done that if I make it with the Brady/Tomlinson led Shrews.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:37 pm 

The Cubes will slime yet another hapless victim, I think the Raiders will go down with a loss this week.

Too little Too late.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:42 pm 

After the past couple of weeks I was ready to put both the Ladies of Pain and the Screaming Iguanas in a steel cage and hope they'd kill each other. But after many deep breaths I am continuing to make moves (you can't have too many Chris Henrys on a team, can you?) and keep my fingers crossed.  This has been a tough season!

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:53 pm 

Looks like I put the wood to Mike's team of returners this week. :P

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:55 am 

Ewwwwwwwwwwww!!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:40 am 

Aneoth wrote:The Cubes will slime yet another hapless victim, I think the Raiders will go down with a loss this week.
Too little Too late.

Oops.   8O

:?  Note to self: Never pretend to be able to predict Fantasy Football outcomes.......... wow.  8O

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:52 am 

Badmike wrote: It should be noted that LT started out very slow (terrible first three games).....Mike B.

LT2 production first 3 weeks.

Week One: 25 yds rush, 7 catches for 51 yds and a TD  20 points
Week Two: 43 yds rush, 4 catches for 15 yds   9 pts
Week three: 62 yds rush, 3 catches for 33 yads and a TD  18 points.

I woulda been happy with that myself.

Perhaps not up to the standard of his usual 30 fantasy points per week, but pretty darned nice compared to the second pick of the draft, Larry Johnson.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:31 am 

mdr003 wrote:
Ha... you know, when I look at the Luddites league the team I'm most worried about is the D-Sharks. After a poor start to the season, they're on a roll after some cagey roster moves and shark-like trades. The Cubes started strong, but are weakening... leaving most of their strength on the corridor walls I guess as we shamble along.

Yes, I have to agree with Mike on this one...  After spending the last 8 pages  or so on this thread whining about how bad the autodraft was, he's managed to assemble a pretty good team.  Combine that with a couple timely waiver wire bye week replacements (Kenny Watson and SD Defense) the last couple of weeks, he's become very formidable.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:59 am 

sheeadog wrote:Yes, I have to agree with Mike on this one...  After spending the last 8 pages  or so on this thread whining about how bad the autodraft was, he's managed to assemble a pretty good team.  Combine that with a couple timely waiver wire bye week replacements (Kenny Watson and SD Defense) the last couple of weeks, he's become very formidable.

I have actually had Watson for 4 weeks now. Ever since Rudi Johnson started to sit out. In fact I started him last week (Sitting Edgerrin James) and scored huge points (36 points) with him. If not for that single starting roster move, my team would have lost. Edge did little last week, as I thought would happen.

Most of my WW strategy is based on luck. Waiver Wire picks are made mostly on what the guy has just done, and what you think he might do later on. That is Always a crap shoot.

The best players are obviously always taken in the draft. You guys know the story of what the autocrapper did to my team. Picked 8 WR's in the middle rounds killed any chance my team had, I ended up with NO RB depth and Brees and Kitna have killed me too. I had to do something drastic or admit defeat before the season had even started. I aint about to do that and since no one seems to favor trading players, the WW was the only remaining option I had.

I had no choice but to hit the WW hard and fast and often. And yes, I have been lucky with the WW not once, or twice, but several times.

BTW I have made just two trades this year in the Luddites league.

One of them was before week one and I was the big loser in that deal. I gave Jacobs for Deuce. :roll:

PreviousNext