NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:08 am 

i think i have a steve smith guy on my team - he had an awesome week 2!

woohoo :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:09 am 

New Orleans sucks rocks. Right now I would MUCH prefer to have a fistful of Browns, than a fistful of Aints..............

I would trade Drew Brees for a sack lunch right now. Same thing for Larry Johnson, though I would also demand a soda pop and chips for him. Of course I dont have that choice, since (for some strange reason) we cant trade the top 3 autocrapper picks in our league.  :roll:

I knew the Aints season last year was smoke and mirrors and I also knew the NO offensive line is in a shambles, or nearly so. No QB can be great when they are on their backs or scrambling and running for their lives the entire game.

Not only did my team get beat, my teams score was DOUBLED.  8O Sheese........... Why even bother......... :roll:

Giving up might seem fatalistic. But its being realistic. Brees aint gonna have a season anything like the last season. And Larry Johnson is missing a lot of blockers too.

When you are a Kobold and facing 3 very hungry trolls, you COULD tell them to back away or they might get hurt,
OR........
you could tell them where they can find a much larger and much tastier meal than you and hope they fall for it while you sneek away into the darkness (Hoping theres no silly adventurer mage about to send magic missiles into it) :lol:

BTW: Other than not benching Deuce McAllister, I played all the best choices possible on my team and they all scored higher than my bench and yet my team was still TROUNCED by almost DOUBLE.

As for Week One. Who here (Barring hindsight) would have benched Brees in week one?
My fantasy football teams problems have little to do with management.  8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:26 am 

mdr003 wrote:If Detroit run hot, you'll win for sure. Kitna looked pretty good last week, but I don't know he can repeat the effort against the Vikings.
Well Kitna did do a fine job for all the good that did facing that incredible Cinci, Clevland show...... :roll:  :roll:

Sheese........ when your opponant could have sat out every starting position but the QB and 1 WR and a kicker or defense and STILL Beat your team, its time to find another hobby.....

Its no fun KNOWING your team has no chance in hell..........

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:39 am 

anny its just a game man :)

take a deep breath :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:40 am 

killjoy32 wrote:i think i have a steve smith guy on my team - he had an awesome week 2!

woohoo :)

Al

Yeah, Steve Smith AND Andre Johnson against my Skeletal Warriors...  But hey that's the breaks...  It could've been worse, could've played the Geletinous Cubes (Palmer, Chad Johnson and Moss) instead!

Nice week Al!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:56 am 

killjoy32 wrote:anny its just a game man :)

take a deep breath :)

Al

Won't do any good Al.  I think Aneoth is still a bit upset about his halfling thief getting hacked up on Saturday by a small army of gnolls.  He did manage to take out their chieftain, three shamans, his consorts, and quite a few more of them with a Ring of Shooting Stars but he got greedy and thought he could win the battle all by himself.  Poor little bastard...he is lucky the gnolls didnt eat him and the rest of our party was able to defeat them, get his mutilated corpse, and then had a raise dead scroll to bring him back.  :wink:

He is also very lucky that my mage didnt take the ring off of his bloated corpse and keep it for himself.  Just kidding man...I dont steal from the dead.  :twisted:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:28 am 

rigt guys.....advice time...

philly v washington tonight.

i have both QBs...which one do i play? :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:21 pm 

McFlabb sucks.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:26 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:McFlabb sucks.

well he may well do, but i am short on options really :)

surely washingtons isnt that much better either?

:)

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:58 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
well he may well do, but i am short on options really :)

surely washingtons isnt that much better either?

:)

I have a feeling Frank's comment was purely from a personal standpoint.  McNabb is a veteran QB and will probably put up some decent numbers.   Campbell doesnt normally throw for a lot of yardage and that might hurt you.

Do what you want but if it were me I would start McNabb.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:53 pm 

Aneoth wrote:Well Kitna did do a fine job for all the good that did facing that incredible Cinci, Clevland show...... :roll:  :roll:

Sheese........ when your opponant could have sat out every starting position but the QB and 1 WR and a kicker or defense and STILL Beat your team, its time to find another hobby.....

Its no fun KNOWING your team has no chance in hell..........

Fluke game...that's going to be some career stats for those boys.  Sometimes you are just going to be taken to the woodshed when a player scores a career game like that, look at it this way, they would have beaten ANY team in the league...hell, they would have beaten any TWO teams in the league!!!!!

Sheesh, how about Jamal Lewis's 250 yds---32 pts...that the Skeletal Warriors had on the bench...whoops...not one to talk, I had Marion Barber grabbing the pine in that league..... 8O

Speaking of flukes, how about my top RB LT having a grand total of 68 YARDS in two games....first time in his career he's had less than 50 yds rushing two games in a row.  Talk about the falling Saints...the Chargers look like a B-team out there.  Might be because one of their top coaches is now the Cowboys head coach??? Whatever, I'm sure those who drafted high on LT and QB Phillip Rivers are sweating it right now....

I wouldn't worry too much about Brees...he'll turn it around, being as they will be behind in a lot of games, he's sure to amass some stats. I'd trade for him right now if the autotrader would let me, he's sure to have a big second half.

When you play Fantasy Football a lot, you have to tend to shy away from the knee jerk, especially after a few games.  I can't tell you how many times Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez (a reliable slow starter every year) got traded away early in my leagues, only to amass eye popping numbers later in the season.  I bet all the teams having fire sales on guys like Reggie Bush are going to regret it down the road....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:22 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Sheesh, how about Jamal Lewis's 250 yds---32 pts...that the Skeletal Warriors had on the bench...whoops...not one to talk, I had Marion Barber grabbing the pine in that league..... 8O

Mike B.

Yes, that one really hurt (thanks for the reminder).  If I decide to start him next week he's sure to revert back to his 10 carries for 15yds ways!  But that's life in fantasy football...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:46 pm 

LT will be average this year. He may do well against ham-and-egger teams, but any decent defense will stop him.
I don't get into FF much, but a good friend of mine asked me who I thought he should pick, and I recommended Willie Parker. He got him, and I believe he has done well.
When I played last year, I skipped on all the "stud" players and picked players who were STEADY. I don't care about "breakout" weeks and all that crap; if I know a guy can be counted on to get X amount of points, it works for me. I went to the semifinals and invested minimal effort in the league.
last year I had Willie and Deuce McAllister, Bernard Berrian, Todd Heap and Carson Palmer. I can't remember who else........

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:57 pm 

well i have decided that i am gonna go with mcnabb and leave the redskins QB on the bench.

i like veterans so thats swayed it for me :)

AL

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:43 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Won't do any good Al.  I think Aneoth is still a bit upset about his halfling thief getting hacked up on Saturday by a small army of gnolls.  He did manage to take out their chieftain, three shamans, his consorts, and quite a few more of them with a Ring of Shooting Stars but he got greedy and thought he could win the battle all by himself.  Poor little bastard...he is lucky the gnolls didnt eat him and the rest of our party was able to defeat them, get his mutilated corpse, and then had a raise dead scroll to bring him back.  :wink:

He is also very lucky that my mage didnt take the ring off of his bloated corpse and keep it for himself.  Just kidding man...I dont steal from the dead.  :twisted:

Ephros the Runts plan (OK MY plan) was to kill the tribal leader and all of the witch doctors (The Giant Hyenna, the Chiefs Consorts, and the Chief's guards were colateral damage) Ephors saw the success with that first sneek assasination attack and yes he got a bit pigheaded and lost all of his good sense (Not that he had all that much to start with)........ He moved on to attempt to mame or kill the next rung of leaders. He did the first and managed to at least injure a couple of the remaining leaders before suddenly sprouting two spear spines in his back.......... 8O  :(

He never had intended to take on the entire army alone..... :roll:

The two injured leader types had no clerics/priests (Witch doctors?) left alive to administer to their injuries before the battle the next day, and (I suspect) for the rest of that night the leaders had long debates on which one of them would become the new chieftan. I suspect that debate was a heated one too..... If nothing else Runts actions bought the rest of the PC's a little extra time and kept them from having to face the chief and the witch doctors magic.

Too bad that rings powers obliterated all the treasure they had to have had on them ......... :oops:

Ephros the Runt was indeed raised from the dead (And perhaps he did not deserve it) but he lost a point of constitution, And lets face it NONE of Ephros's ability scores were ever all that impressive from the beginning. He also lost his only short bow (He cant use a long bow), he has no armor at all, and he has very few pretty stones (Gems) left either. :cry:

Still, I think Ephors got off lucky considering all the other possibilities.

I hope that mysterious town isnt too far off and that there is a shop that either sells or can make small suites of leather armor..........

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:56 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:When I played last year, I skipped on all the "stud" players and picked players who were STEADY. I don't care about "breakout" weeks and all that crap; if I know a guy can be counted on to get X amount of points, it works for me. I went to the semifinals and invested minimal effort in the league.
last year I had Willie and Deuce McAllister, Bernard Berrian, Todd Heap and Carson Palmer. I can't remember who else........
I liked Deuce last season. In  fact, I picked up Deuce Mac in a trade for an RB that later got hurt during the first game. For me though, Deuce has garnered almost nothing in Fantasy Points. Nor in the real NFL either.....

My most productive player is a RB who is a second string RB (or lower) in most fantasy leagues. Edgerrin James - Arizona

While Drew Brees and Larry Johnson are occupying permanent roster spots that more productive players cant fill, since I cant dump them. And please stop telling me to be patient with them.......... the Aints are back to their old ways. They have a bad offensive line that wont get the backfield enough protection to produce any sort of decent offense. At best they are now a middling team with a middling offense.

And the Chiefs? I doubt their offensive line could hold off a high school rushing defense.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:01 pm 

sheeadog wrote:
Yes, that one really hurt (thanks for the reminder).  If I decide to start him next week he's sure to revert back to his 10 carries for 15yds ways!  But that's life in fantasy football...
OK so trade him to me for Deuce..............

Sheese.............

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:14 pm 

I liked Deuce last season. In  fact, I picked up Deuce Mac in a trade for an RB that later got hurt during the first game. For me though, Deuce has garnered almost nothing in Fantasy Points. Nor in the real NFL either.....

Deuce has looked by far the best back for the saints this year but, for some odd reason, hasn't been given the ball that much. He has played well.. it just hasn't been reflected in fantasy because he hasn't gotten the carries or the goal line work.

PreviousNext