NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:30 am 

Keepers are set for the Ludditte league.

I might have sketchy attendence also, which has never boded well for my performance (the computer doesn't use it's brain when picking for you, even if you customize the players).

If I can, I'll be there to greet everyone!  Good Luck!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:56 pm 

Draft is done, and I feel OK about my team in the Luddite league. Had a connectivity issue in rounds three and four which was a pain - after my first two picks were in, autodrafter took over for the next two and landed me two players that I didn't want - Latavious Murray and Deandre Hopkins. I might have looked at them after round 7, but not that early.

I got onto Yahoo today to check the team, and saw a draft report was available - looks like they put me at the bottom of the class, with a D. So my confidence is a little shaken. Then I read the report card itself:

Yikes. Was this on purpose? We'll assume it was and that maybe the GM Gelatinous Cubes was just having an off day. Some work will be required if Gelatinous Cubes wants to finish anywhere other than last. Projections suggest they'll go 0-14-0 (1,744 points). They went after guys who can tote the rock with their early picks, using three of their first five picks to scoop up RBs C.J. Anderson (first round), DeMarco Murray (second round), and Latavius Murray (fourth round). They landed the bottom group of WRs in the league, as they have DeAndre Hopkins, Jeremy Maclin, Brandon Marshall, and Stevie Johnson on their team. Yikes. At least it can't get any worse. In fact, if you nominate yourself for the Toyota Hall Of Fame, you'll be an official nominee. Feel better?

Oy.... 0-14 is the prediction? Two uses of the word yikes? Could be a long year for the Cubes....

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:25 pm 

mdr003 wrote in NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League:Draft is done, and I feel OK about my team in the Luddite league. Had a connectivity issue in rounds three and four which was a pain - after my first two picks were in, autodrafter took over for the next two and landed me two players that I didn't want - Latavious Murray and Deandre Hopkins. I might have looked at them after round 7, but not that early.

I got onto Yahoo today to check the team, and saw a draft report was available - looks like they put me at the bottom of the class, with a D. So my confidence is a little shaken. Then I read the report card itself:

Yikes. Was this on purpose? We'll assume it was and that maybe the GM Gelatinous Cubes was just having an off day. Some work will be required if Gelatinous Cubes wants to finish anywhere other than last. Projections suggest they'll go 0-14-0 (1,744 points). They went after guys who can tote the rock with their early picks, using three of their first five picks to scoop up RBs C.J. Anderson (first round), DeMarco Murray (second round), and Latavius Murray (fourth round). They landed the bottom group of WRs in the league, as they have DeAndre Hopkins, Jeremy Maclin, Brandon Marshall, and Stevie Johnson on their team. Yikes. At least it can't get any worse. In fact, if you nominate yourself for the Toyota Hall Of Fame, you'll be an official nominee. Feel better?

Oy.... 0-14 is the prediction? Two uses of the word yikes? Could be a long year for the Cubes....

The Draft reports are a joke. Of the 5-6 championships I've won, I don't think my draft grade was above a "C".  Heck, if you get a A+, something is wrong....

It grades your draft on depth (which penalizes you if you only take one kicker, TE, or DEF, which is smart), on where you take a player (value) even if they have rated someone far too high or far too low, and on how they did last year, without regard for suspensions, injuries or personnell changes. One league I was in my WR corps is Dez Bryant and Calvin Johnson,  but penalized me because I took a RB too late (round three). There is a school of thought in Fantasy Drafting (which I go by) that if you cannot get one of the top 5 RBs you should immediately go WR and wait until Round three or later to draft a RB, because there are so many RB by committees in the NFL now that you are better off getting two of the top WRs or TEs than a RB that might be sharing the workload.  Obviously Yahoo leagues draft grading doesn't like this strategy  :D

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:52 pm 

I got a "C" for both of my drafts. You know my team will change drastically and often. Looking forward to some good matchups. See ya'll on the field.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:10 pm 

I opened up the Acaeum League to 10 teams from 8 teams last year, in the hopes we could get two more to join before the draft is held on August 27th.

Below is a link to the league, not sure what else you need to sign up, league id is 287702

Join League | Fantasy Football | Yahoo Sports

The league is pretty standard. I have to brag that after 9 years I finally won the league last year (this is in additon to typically doing very crappy).  I made up for this by absolutely stinking up the other Acaeum League last year, the Luddites (which seems to be full this year due to 100% retention, great!) I believe Jo won last year after I fell off the map (F you, Aarron Rodgers) due to poor drafting and poor QB play (I had won three times in a row up until last year). Anyway, it's a lot of fun, if you aren't already in the league, follow the link to join!

Mike B.

Note: The nine year record of my team in the ACL is one of extreme futility until last year. My finishes: 7, 3, 4, 3, 8, 8, 8, 5, and finally 1st.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:17 am 

Need one more team for a compliment of ten total!  If you don't know what you are doing, Yahoo will draft for you, and you'll have a ready made team to manage. Give it a shot!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:28 pm 

Badmike wrote in NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League:Need one more team for a compliment of ten total!  If you don't know what you are doing, Yahoo will draft for you, and you'll have a ready made team to manage. Give it a shot!

Mike B.

If someone backs out before draft day, let me know...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:31 am 

The Acaeum Collectors Fantasy Football League is back for another year.  

There is room in the league for additional players so if you are interested in playing, post to this tread and/or send a private message to Badmike, the co-commissioner of this league.  

The league has a live online draft scheduled for Saturday August 26, 6:30 PM CDT (UTC -5).  Attending the online draft is encouraged but not required as Yahoo will draft the highest rank according to either your pre-draft rankings or Yahoo's own rankings.

I received a request to allow one "keeper" in the league this year.  This would allow someone who participated in the league last year to hold onto a player from their 2016 roster by giving up their first round pick.  Anyone who does not select a keeper will draft before everyone that chose a keeper.  New players will automatically receive a first round pick in lieu of a keeper.  Unless there is strong objection, I will change the league settings to allow one keeper at the end of this week.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:47 pm 

Avurax wrote in NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League:The Acaeum Collectors Fantasy Football League is back for another year.  

There is room in the league for additional players so if you are interested in playing, post to this tread and/or send a private message to Badmike, the co-commissioner of this league.  

The league has a live online draft scheduled for Saturday August 26, 6:30 PM CDT (UTC -5).  Attending the online draft is encouraged but not required as Yahoo will draft the highest rank according to either your pre-draft rankings or Yahoo's own rankings.

I received a request to allow one "keeper" in the league this year.  This would allow someone who participated in the league last year to hold onto a player from their 2016 roster by giving up their first round pick.  Anyone who does not select a keeper will draft before everyone that chose a keeper.  New players will automatically receive a first round pick in lieu of a keeper.  Unless there is strong objection, I will change the league settings to allow one keeper at the end of this week.

We allow a keeper in the Luddite league...which is great unless your team is so crap you don't have a keeper, LOL....

It looks like we have room for four teams this year....I won the league last year, it was a back to back, and this year I go for the nearly impossible triple play in BOTH LEAGUES (I won back to back to back championships in the Luddite league awhile back).  I was 13-1 last year with the most unassuming lineup you have ever seen in your life...virtually no keeper there to be seen except for Aaron Rodgers, who sucked the first few weeks of the season. TRY TO DETHRONE ME!!!!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:57 am 

I'll join if you still have room.

Joe

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:39 pm 

Heresy wrote in NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League:I'll join if you still have room.

Joe

Joe, PM me an email address, we can send you an invite...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:48 pm 

I want to play!  Remind me what to do?

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:44 pm 

lucyjoyce wrote in NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League:I want to play!  Remind me what to do?

You are in, it shows the "Ladies of Pain" in by renew!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:01 pm 

The Acaeum Collectors Fantasy Football League is back for another year.

The league has a live online draft scheduled for Saturday August 25, 6:30 PM CDT (UTC -5).  Attending the online draft is not required as Yahoo will draft the highest ranked available players according to either your pre-draft rankings or Yahoo's own rankings.

There is room in the league for additional players so if you are interested in playing, post to this thread and/or send a private message to Badmike, the co-commissioner of the league.

Invites to anyone who played last year will be sent out through Yahoo and there will be room for new players.  For anyone who participated last year but that does not wish to participate this year, let us know and you can be removed from the league opening up additional slots and avoiding zombie teams.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:58 am 

Please make sure the Ladies of Pain are shown as active in the league. Thanks!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:08 pm 

Avurax wrote in NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League:The Acaeum Collectors Fantasy Football League is back for another year.

The league has a live online draft scheduled for Saturday August 25, 6:30 PM CDT (UTC -5).  Attending the online draft is not required as Yahoo will draft the highest ranked available players according to either your pre-draft rankings or Yahoo's own rankings.

There is room in the league for additional players so if you are interested in playing, post to this thread and/or send a private message to Badmike, the co-commissioner of the league.

Invites to anyone who played last year will be sent out through Yahoo and there will be room for new players.  For anyone who participated last year but that does not wish to participate this year, let us know and you can be removed from the league opening up additional slots and avoiding zombie teams.

Blake, could I get a link? My team isn't showing up on my Yahoo page.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:26 pm 

Try this link: Join League | Fantasy Football | Yahoo! Sports

I will also try the re-send reminders function in the league.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:42 pm 

The Acaeum Collectors Fantasy Football League has returned for 2019.  This league is open to anyone who enjoys Fantasy Football.  

A live draft is scheduled for Saturday August 24, 6:30 PM CDT (UCT -5) though attending the online draft is optional.   Yahoo will assign the best available players for any participant unable to draft live.

All of last year's players should receive an email with a link to the league.  Anyone who would like to play should post to this thread.  Badmike is a commissioner and can assist anyone with an interest in joining.

PreviousNext