NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:51 pm 

Here's another way to win $100,000.00!  Benjoshua has invited you to play College Bowl Pick'em on FOX Sports. Our group is called "ACAEUM COLLECTORS".

To join this group, visit http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/colleg ... word=Gygax.

Once there, you may need to enter the following information:
*Group ID: 4353
*Group Password: Gygax

If you're not familiar with the game, College Bowl Pick'em is free and easy to play. Pick the winner of each bowl game against the spread and without confidence points. No bookies allowed!  ;)  Compete for prizes and glory!

To learn more about the game, click here: /fantasy/collegefootball/bowlpickem/

:)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:12 am 

After a ridiculous come from behind victory vs the mighty Roglaroon Raiders, the Tegel Shrews advance to the Luddite championship for the third year in a row. Can they three-peat?  The Dharmaniacs will be in their way, and once again the Shrews will be the underdog.  The Shrews all season have been, well, lucky, winning at least two games with the lowest winning score in the league that week, and surviving many injuries to key players to somehow keep rolling to a 10-4 record.  The Dharmaniacs barely slipped into the playoffs with an 8-6 record but managed to get past the #1 seed Purple Dragons to make the finals.

Rolling with Alex Smith at QB (with that punk-ass Aaron Rogers nursing a sore pair of milking teats, poor baby), the Shrews have benefitted from a career day this past Sunday from Smith for their come from behind victory, but Smith has been strong the past few weeks (#3 in the league the last four weeks of the season).  The Dharmaniacs have advanced to the finals with the surprising Phillip Rivers at QB, who is now ranked the #4 scoring QB in the league  Both teams have great WR corps (Bryant and Gordon for the Shrews, Johnson and Jeffreys for the Dharmaniacs) with more average RBs (Bush and Gore for the Shrews, Johnson and Rice for the Dharmaniacs).  Both teams have some good matchups coming into the final game, but the tipping point may be at Defense, where the Dharmaniacs boast the Seahawks (#2 in the league) and the Shrews are betting on the clown-car that is the NY Giants offense to hopefully cough up points to the newly acquired Lions Def this weekend, some might say it's a desperate gamble but the Shrews are counting on Mr. Interception (aka Eli Manning) to supply the points and hopefully make up for the Seahawks superior play.  Should be a great championship game!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:10 pm 

Wow what the heck happened Badmike?

We should both be way out of any chance of winning:)... and I think I should have started Cutler but we will see:):)

Gonna be right down to the wire....

/e casts Grease on Frank Gore's shoes:):)

Best of luck to ya, and at least this year I improved!

When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression no matter how holy the motives.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:42 pm 

Slipshod wrote in NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League:Wow what the heck happened Badmike?

We should both be way out of any chance of winning:)... and I think I should have started Cutler but we will see:):)

Gonna be right down to the wire....

/e casts Grease on Frank Gore's shoes:):)

Best of luck to ya, and at least this year I improved!

No kidding it's going to be who sucks less!!!!  

Hoping for enough pts from Frank Gore and Dawson score more than Vernon Davis....good luck!

What awful totals.......our QBs (Alex Smith---7 pts, Philip Rivers---12 pts), our "studs" (WR Calvin Johnson 7 pts, RB Reggie Bush 5 pts), no player on either team scored over 19 pts yesterday.  A team of Grandmothers would have trounced either of us...good thing we were playing each other!!!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:29 am 

Congratulations to Lucyjoyce and The Ladies of Pain for another championship season in the Acaeum Collector's League.  

Rounding out the top 4 were:
Barbequed Aurmvorax
Gordie's Team
D-Shark's Team

Thanks to everyone who played.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:56 am 

The Tegel Shrews are in for the Three-peat as champions in the Luddite League as they defeat the Dharmaniacs in a very, very lackluster 108-84 championship game.  No one player scored over 19 pts, and several top players turned in sludgey performances as it was a race to see who would score 100 pts in a league where the team average is about 130 a week.  Some top players who massively underperformed for the Dharmaniacs leading to a defeat:  QB Phillip Rivers 12.10 pts (201 yds passing, 1 td, 1 int, 1 fumble), WR Calvin Johnson 7 pts (3 catches for 43 yds), RB Ray Rice 8 pts (40 yds rushing, 2 rcpts for 23 yds) and TE Vernon Davis (zero pts).  Luckily my team barely outplayed his although QB Alex Smith (7 pts on 153 yds, 2 ints, 1 fumble) and Reggie Bush (5 pts on 34 yds rushing, 2 rcpts for 10 yds) gave me tough moments.  Ironically the chronically underperforming Frank Gore gave me enough pts in the Monday night game (16 pts on 97 yds, 1 rcpt and a TD) to overcome a slight deficit to win.  Luckily these two teams played each other because it was close only due to lousy play...any 30-40 pt game by a player would have been an immediate knock-out.  

I can say without a doubt the Shrews were lucky this year.  The last two years I felt I had a monster lineup led by Aaron Rodgers at QB, this year I simply got lucky throughout the regular season and playoffs by often playing the only other team besides myself to have an off-week.  This was NOT a very good team and became even worse when Rodgers went out (burying the Packers chances and almost mine).  Best pickup of the year by far was Josh Gordon at WR.  Four games over 30 pts in a season where he only played 11 regular fantasy games is pretty amazing, including a stretch of 48/53/31 pt games that pushed me over the top in the last weeks of the season.  Josh ended up being the #1 WR in the league by 1 pt over Calvin Johnson, and is holdover material for next season.  #2 best player was TE Julius Thomas, not on a lot of radars before the season but he benefitted from Peyton Manning's record setting year by becoming the #3 TE in Fantasy...and that's with missing two games due to injury. No question these two pretty much saved my season!

Thanks for everyone in the league for another great year.  In all the leagues I participate in this is one of the most astute and competetive, only the face to face league I have been running for 20 years has more savvy fantasy players so it's a real accomplishment to win in the Luddite league.  Thanks everyone and see you next year!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:51 pm 

Renewed the Luddite league today, if you were in last year you will soon get your renewal emails.  As a holdover league, you can hold ONE player on your roster over (in lieu of your first round draft pick).  Choose wisely!  Looking at my roster, I cannot believe I won the championship with this group of mopes.  Aaron Rodgers was my holdover the last three years (with three titles for the Tegel Shrews, baby!) but crapped out last year, Alex Smith (?) won it all for me.  Don't know if Aaron Rodgers is on the holdover list again.....we'll see. Dez Bryant or Josh Gordon (isn't he suspended again?) may take up the mantle of Tegel Shrew legacy.

I'll let everyone know when I'll set the date and time of the draft, and if we have any spots available!  Good Luck!!!

Mike B.

The Three-peat champ celebrates with his personal cheerleading squad...

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:21 pm 

Well, yahoo gave me a "B" for my draft tonight.  I did mess up in the quarterback department.  The Acaeum Collector's league will draft on August 30th, and so far we have only four teams, so hope a few more folks will sign up.  Avurax - can you post the relevant info for joining?

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:28 pm 

LOL....I forgot to draft today.  Whoops.  Hope my entirely new team of Shrews will be up for the four-peat!!! I apologize for not noticing the draft day auto-set, I hate to draft this early and two teams from last year didn't renew in time.  Sorry for not taking care of business (checking my Yahoo mail for five days) but oh well.  Plenty of drops and pickups on the way for the Shrews it looks like!!!!

Yes, if you want to play fantasy football, even if you know squat about fantasy football, please join the Acaeum Collector's League.  It is more low-key and less cut throat than the Luddite League. We have 4-6 spots available. I can send you an evite (Blake has given me access) and if you want the computer will auto draft you.  Just post here or PM me if you want to join!!! Or follow this link:

Login

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:33 am 

Still need at least two more teams for the Acaeum Collector's League!  Draft is in 9 days so plenty of time, and if you don't want to draft the computer will take care of it for you.  We have six teams and need at least eight!

Login

Join League | Fantasy Football | Yahoo Sports

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:56 pm 

Hey BadMike, I'd like to join ... do I need anything more than to just use the link you provided to join?

thanks

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:43 am 

8 Bit Elemental wrote in NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League:Hey BadMike, I'd like to join ... do I need anything more than to just use the link you provided to join?

thanks

If you do, just PM me your address and I should be able to send you a "personal" invitation...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:00 pm 

i joined today (Bearded Destruction) and all i got to say is you all going down

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:06 pm 

Thanks for the smack talk sir!  As of today we have eight teams in the Acaeum Collector's League, so we are set even if we don't get anymore teams to join.  

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:20 am 

well i forgot about the draft but still got a halfway decent team

prepare yourself my fellow ffballers!! for destruction...of the bearded sort!

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:43 am 

Yahoo graded my draft a B. I was 6th out of 8 in the lineup, and drafting on my phone in a restaurant with wifi (not much Internet service in the piney woods of the Florida panhandle). So I am happy with my team. Can always tell who is auto drafting when kickers and defense are selected in the 8th or 9th round. Looking forward to the season.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:16 pm 

lucyjoyce wrote in NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League:Yahoo graded my draft a B. I was 6th out of 8 in the lineup, and drafting on my phone in a restaurant with wifi (not much Internet service in the piney woods of the Florida panhandle). So I am happy with my team. Can always tell who is auto drafting when kickers and defense are selected in the 8th or 9th round. Looking forward to the season.

I was actually ready to go 1/2 hour prior to start, but the Wife had other plans....

Even so Autodrafter took over and took my kickers and defenses long before I ever would have.
Yahoo "Experts" gave my roster a rating of B for the draft.
One would think that is Not a bad thing..... but I know better.

Last season in one of those cheap money Yahoo public leagues I drafted on Yahoo myself and got a D- rating for my draft.
The "Experts" stated that my team would finish 1-13 in last place.
That team actually finished 13-1 (first overall) and lost by 2 points in the championship game.
That is why they play the games and Experts are not always right.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:18 pm 

yeah, auto draft. guilty. I did not have access during dinner out. Will have to make it up with hustle.

PreviousNext