NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 67 of 73123 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 717273
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:56 pm 

ACAEUM COLLECTORS FANTASY FOOTBALL
I renewed the recreational/free fantasy football league for 2013.  Anyone is welcome to play.

Link: Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football

League ID: 836931
Password: acaeum

You can try the direct link but there were issues last season.
Link: Login

Draft scheduled for Sat Aug 31 6:00pm CDT.  Those that cannot make it to the live draft but still wish to participate can set an auto pick list to prioritize players.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:06 am 

Yeah, this isn't working for me.

I already have one Team with another group. Am I only allowed 1?

It will let me create a new league, but there doesn't seem to be a way to join another Team. When I follow the Login link I get this...

You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)

Would you be able to add me? Or send me a direct invite?

xraygord @ yahoo dot ca

EDIT: I can join anew team, but it random, I do not get to choose.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:27 pm 

I get the same response. There used to be a choice to join a league, and enter its number and password. Am I missing it?

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:28 pm 

xraygord wrote in NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League:Yeah, this isn't working for me.

I already have one Team with another group. Am I only allowed 1?

It will let me create a new league, but there doesn't seem to be a way to join another Team. When I follow the Login link I get this...

You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)

Would you be able to add me? Or send me a direct invite?

xraygord @ yahoo dot ca

EDIT: I can join anew team, but it random, I do not get to choose.

Yeh I can't join either.  He probably has to send an invite....apparantly Yahoo has changed it's procedure for joining a league.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:07 pm 

Badmike wrote in NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League:Yeh I can't join either.  He probably has to send an invite....apparantly Yahoo has changed it's procedure for joining a league.

Mike B.

Researching the issue, Mike is correct.  Per Yahoo Help:

"Additional Information - Joining a renewed league: If you are taking over or renewing a team that was in the league last year, you will receive an email from the league commissioner. You must click on the custom link in that email in order to take ownership of your team.
- You must accept the invite sent from the commissioner in order to join the league and take your team over again. You no longer will have the ability to join the league using the league number and password."

If you want to PM your email address, invites will be sent.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:29 am 

The Luddite league is full; all returned from last year's league.  Awesome!

The Acaeum League only has four teams at this time; we need at least four more (six would be great) to field a league.  The Acaeum Collector's League is a much less structured and cut-throat league than the Luddite league;  it's more for the casual player and Acaeum member who wants to field a fantasy team without doing a lot of research or reading up on stats, players, etc.  If you want,, the yahoo system will auto-draft for you to give you an instant team, or you can rank the players yourself.  It's fun and simple.

Avurax has made me co-commissioner so I can help drum up members.  If you want to join, please send your email address so we can invite you!  If you have never played fantasy football before, this is a good way to start, and give you something to root for come football season.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:24 am 

Avur, thanks for renewing the Acaeum League this year. Mike is right about the difference between the two leagues. I think one year I came in first in one and last in the other.

The Ladies of Pain are back!

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:20 pm 

Badmike wrote in NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League:The Luddite league is full; all returned from last year's league.  Awesome!

The Acaeum League only has four teams at this time; we need at least four more (six would be great) to field a league.  The Acaeum Collector's League is a much less structured and cut-throat league than the Luddite league;  it's more for the casual player and Acaeum member who wants to field a fantasy team without doing a lot of research or reading up on stats, players, etc.  If you want,, the yahoo system will auto-draft for you to give you an instant team, or you can rank the players yourself.  It's fun and simple.

Avurax has made me co-commissioner so I can help drum up members.  If you want to join, please send your email address so we can invite you!  If you have never played fantasy football before, this is a good way to start, and give you something to root for come football season.

Mike B.

I believe I was in the Acaeum League last year, and not the Luddite League... so I was interested in returning to the Acaeum League...

Sorry for any confusion.

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:14 pm 

IO send me your email and I'll give you an invite.....

we need 3-5 more teams!  If you are even mildly interested, PM me your email.  

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:38 pm 

Unless two teams wish to join the Aceaum League before tomorrow afternoon, looks like we are set at 8 teams for 2013....

In the Luddite League, Keepers and draft order have been set.....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:31 pm 

Well I was online for the draft, the clock counted down to 1 and froze there. I didn't notice, when I finally did and refreshed the page, the draft was over.  :lol:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:37 pm 

Midway Monsters are all set... can't wait for the season to begin :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:24 pm 

I like that in the league I was actually present, my draft grade was a C (tied for Lucyjoyce for worst), yet in my autodraft league where I wasn't there, I got graded out the best (A+).  Stupid Yahoo Computers.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:11 pm 

Hey everyone,

Ok so I missed the live draft due to the time zone difference, and yet according to Yahoo I ended up with a grade of A in my draft....

I knew I was going to get killed in the Running Back position since I had to throw out a list and pray...

Time to go fix this one...

Best regards,
Ronald

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:38 am 

Badmike wrote in NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League:I like that in the league I was actually present, my draft grade was a C (tied for Lucyjoyce for worst), yet in my autodraft league where I wasn't there, I got graded out the best (A+).  Stupid Yahoo Computers.

Mike B.

Yes, thanks for keeping me company in the stupid class.  Since I showed up for the Acaeum draft, I got a stellar B- in that one.  I think Avur and I were the only ones who live-drafted.  My backwoods internet connection kicked me off a couple of times, but I think only one pick was autodrafted while I spun in the ether.  So all foolish picks were made on purpose.  I blame my grief over Tebow's being dropped by the Patriots.  I know he's not a great quarterback, but I love that guy.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:37 am 

I ended up with B- for my draft as well... not sure how the grading works.

I decided to mark Doug Martin as a keeper, although now I wish I hadn't. I was 2nd in pick order with the Shrews ahread of me, and Mike B. had to decide which of last years stud lineup to keep. He ended up keeping Rodgers which meant AP was released into the pool of free agents...

Regards
Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:24 pm 

mdr003 wrote in NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League:I ended up with B- for my draft as well... not sure how the grading works.

I decided to mark Doug Martin as a keeper, although now I wish I hadn't. I was 2nd in pick order with the Shrews ahread of me, and Mike B. had to decide which of last years stud lineup to keep. He ended up keeping Rodgers which meant AP was released into the pool of free agents...

Regards
Mike

Mike;

I think you did ok.  First, AP had a good year after coming back from injury, but Martin is an across the board #2 RB pick and younger than AP. I think you are ok.  Second, I thought about keeping AP, but I have never understood how quality QBs and top scorers are dissed in relation to picking up top RBs instead.  Rodgers and Brees were the top two scorers in fantasy football last season, I don't see why someone wouldn't have taken either of them in the first round over a great RB like AP, yet I keep seeing draft guides saying you should wait until the 3rd round to snag a QB. Top scorer is top scorer!  I guess we'll see how it works this year as I have Rodgers or Brees as QB in every fantasy league I have drafted in so far...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:41 pm 

lucyjoyce wrote in NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League:
Badmike wrote in NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League:I like that in the league I was actually present, my draft grade was a C (tied for Lucyjoyce for worst), yet in my autodraft league where I wasn't there, I got graded out the best (A+).  Stupid Yahoo Computers.

Mike B.

Yes, thanks for keeping me company in the stupid class.  Since I showed up for the Acaeum draft, I got a stellar B- in that one.  I think Avur and I were the only ones who live-drafted.  My backwoods internet connection kicked me off a couple of times, but I think only one pick was autodrafted while I spun in the ether.  So all foolish picks were made on purpose.  I blame my grief over Tebow's being dropped by the Patriots.  I know he's not a great quarterback, but I love that guy.

I totally forgot to draft that day, yet I was surprised by the auto-picks. I guess I did alright...  :)

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 67 of 73123 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 717273