so.... ummm

when do our scores n stuff get updated?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:24 am 

Badmike wrote:  Speaking of, how about LT's 25 yds rushing?  Second lowest total of his career, are there some panic deals going on somewhere in Fantasy World because of this???

Mike B.
Perhaps, but he also had a lot of receptions a rushing TD (even if he only had 25 yards, one of em scored) and the TD pass too. LT's 26 fantasy points were almost double the points my stud RB had, and LT scored higher than his projected fantasy points, just not quite the way he was expected to score them.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:31 am 

killjoy32 wrote:so in our league when do all the scores n stuff update?

Al
Most On-Line fantasy leagues update fantasy team/leagues scoring constantly as each football game progresses. It has done so in the league I am in on Yahoo Sports......

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:36 am 

killjoy32 wrote:so.... ummm

when do our scores n stuff get updated?

Al

They shou8ld be showing now on the right hand side. No one has any record yet because there are still 2 games tonight.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:38 am 

bclarkie wrote:
They shou8ld be showing now on the right hand side. No one has any record yet because there are still 2 games tonight.

thanks BC

Al = clueless :)

will go check later on tonight then!

thanks dude

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:23 am 

I stand by my statement that mine was the worst draft in our 8 team league.
My team had the lowest score of the week. By far. :(

And that score had little to do with starting player selection either. No combination of any of my players (including the bench) would have gotten me the leagues highest score this week (NOT EVEN CLOSE) .... Although I woulda won (Barely) if I had benched all my New Orleans Aints players this past week.... :roll:

Would any of you have done that though? Bench the NFL's highest scoring offense from last year? :?:

And it gets no better for my team in week two either. I play the leagues highest scoring team from last week.....  an 0-2 start for team min.dmg. seems likely.

Have I mentioned that I hate autodrafts? Sheese. :(  :(

OK, I will stop the crying...... for now........... :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:34 am 

Aneoth wrote:I stand by my statement that mine was the worst draft in our 8 team league.
My team had the lowest score of the week. By far. :(

And that score had little to do with starting player selection either. No combination of any of my players (including the bench) would have gotten me the leagues highest score this week (NOT EVEN CLOSE) .... Although I woulda won (Barely) if I had benched all my New Orleans Aints players this past week.... :roll:

Would any of you have done that though? Bench the NFL's highest scoring offense from last year? :?:

And it gets no better for my team in week two either. I play the leagues highest scoring team from last week.....  an 0-2 start for team min.dmg. seems likely.

Have I mentioned that I hate autodrafts? Sheese. :(  :(

OK, I will stop the crying...... for now........... :lol:

Well I won with the lowest score in the Luddite league...what does that say about me and mine...... 8O
 I have a feeling Brees and the rest have a comeback.  People panic too much about the first game of the year, did you see the trash tossed out last night in the Ravens/Bengals game?  Sheesh!  What were there, like 20 turnovers? I've seen Pop Warner games with less ball handling mistakes.  It looked like no one had told them this was FOR REAL and not another pre season game.  Sometimes it takes a team a game or two to settle in....

Oh, and talk about panic, my league I run has a section where you can look up trades that happened elsewhere (cbs.sportsline league).  Well, apparantly one of the trades last week was Reggie Bush for Jets WR Cotchery....talk about stupid panic.....!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:57 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Well I won with the lowest score in the Luddite league...what does that say about me and mine...... 8O

Mike....  :P  :P  :P Puleezzzz :P  :P  :P
The Lowest score in the Luddite league???
I dont think so.  :roll:
That statement is simply not possibly true.....

My team obviously has that dubious shameful moniker. Otherwise YOUR team would be 0-1 and my team 1-0..... :oops:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:13 pm 

I think Mike meant he had the lowest winning score. He's right, people panic way too easily. One bad game, no big deal. Brees will throw 4 TDs this week and get 35 points.

I prefer live drafts as well, but in the two acaeunm leagues my live draft team did poorly (the Ladies of Pain dished some out my way), but the auto draft team did very well. Picking up the Vikings def from the free agents certainly helped though, as did a last minute decision to start Adrian Peterson

You can't blame the poor showing entirely on the draft though Aneoth... didn't you say you traded to get Deuce?

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:30 pm 

mdr003 wrote:my live draft team did poorly (the Ladies of Pain dished some out my way)

The Ladies got lucky.  I fear next week will be a different story.  I never thought I would be listening to news stories for accidents involving NFL players - "Man, that guy really got hurt - who's his backup?".

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:08 am 

Yeah, I know what BadMike meant; I was giving him a hard time about his statement. Words have meaning and the meaning of the words he used was all wrong in the context. His was NOT the lowest score. My team did that.
mdr003 wrote:You can't blame the poor showing entirely on the draft though Aneoth... didn't you say you traded to get Deuce?
Mike
Actually, yes I can blame the bad showing entirely on the draft.

Here is why I feel that way: All of the teams would have been completely different if they had been created through a live draft. To say otherwise is not taking into account that a live draft is a completely different game altogether.

The danged program drafts a freeking Defense and Kicker in the early rounds. Few if any live draft managers would do that and those that do are novices, or simply crazy.

Irregardless of the fact that I had EXCLUDED ALL kickers and defenses by choice before the draft had started, a choice the program gave me  and then took away without letting me know it would.

And then it drafted 6 straight wide receivers for my team. How stupid is that? At the end of the draft HALF MY TEAM was WR's and most of those I wouldn't have drafted in a live draft if the league had 16 teams, much less just 8 teams. That's just asinine IMO. That AutoDraft program is a moron. By Autodrafting the defense and kicker in the early rounds, and then 6 straight WR's my team missed out on all of the top TE's and secondary RB's.

You are right about one thing. Some of the blame for that draft is mine. I had less than a complete understanding of the Autodraft rules. However, I dare anyone to say they do completely understand them.

BTW: yes I traded to get Deuce and I would do it again this week even after this past weeks performance on the field by him and the rest of the NO Aints. I do not have a problem with him or Drew Breese, or any of my other first 3 picks. It's the rest of the draft that had me flummoxed. And, although Deuce had a poor showing this past week, at least he will play again this week. The RB I traded for him won't be playing at all. In fact the guy will be out for at least the next 6 weeks. He tore something in his leg during the first weeks game.

Deuce will be one of my starting RB's for the remainder of the season most likely. He is all I have. And he is the backup RB on the Aints........

Anyone want to trade an RB for a Wide Receiver? How about a Tight End?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:53 pm 

Aneoth wrote:
BTW: yes I traded to get Deuce and ........  The RB I traded for him... will be out for at least the next 6 weeks. He tore something in his leg during the first weeks game. Deuce will be one of my starting RB's for the remainder of the season most likely. He is all I have. And he is the backup RB on the Aints.......
"The NFL Network reports New York Giants RB Brandon Jacobs (knee) will likely miss three to five weeks because of a sprained medial collateral ligament he suffered Week 1."

While I would not wish harm to anyone, I am glad I made that trade. It was a very tough descision to trade off a starting RB (Brandon Jacobs) for a backup RB, even if that guy is Deuce Mac.

Mac had about 1,050 yards rushing and about 200 receiving yards last year and even as one of two basically tandem RB's, I think he will post as good or even better numbers this season. It's not like Deuce is old. He has only been in the league since 2001 and overall, during his NFL carreer, he has averaged over 1,100 yards rushing, 300 yards recieving, and 9.6 TD's per year. Very good numbers IMO.

The Aints also have mostly the same YOUNG players on the starting offensive line as last year and those guys did not get worse with that additional years experience playing together.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:18 pm 

Picking up 6 WR in the auto draft was pretty rough.... but overall I think you did as well as anyone. Brees, LJ and Baltimore are all top tier, Edge and Roy Williams are both very good players. The downsides are probably Jacobs (unknown quantity) and picking up too many average WR instead of getting more depth at RB.

But there were upsides and downsides to all 8 teams. I managed to draft two shitty defences through my own fault... and part of my RB depth was the two mediocre hacks from Green Bay.

At the end of the season when Brees and LJ have carried you into the playoffs, you'll look back on the draft with warmth and gratitude... or not, as the case may be.

I've sent you a trade offer.... let me know what you think.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:18 pm 

mdr003 wrote:Picking up 6 WR in the auto draft was pretty rough.... but overall I think you did as well as anyone. Brees, LJ and Baltimore are all top tier, Edge and Roy Williams are both very good players. The downsides are probably Jacobs (unknown quantity) and picking up too many average WR instead of getting more depth at RB.

But there were upsides and downsides to all 8 teams. I managed to draft two shitty defences through my own fault... and part of my RB depth was the two mediocre hacks from Green Bay.

At the end of the season when Brees and LJ have carried you into the playoffs, you'll look back on the draft with warmth and gratitude... or not, as the case may be.

I've sent you a trade offer.... let me know what you think.

Regards

Mike

The great thing about only 8 teams in the Luddite league is lots of depth, and lots of possible waiver wire players. and lots of trading (since everyone has someone that another team wants).  Unlike in the Acaeum League...where the waiver wire looks like the bottom drawer of my fridge when I've forgotten to clean it out for a few months  8O

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:36 am 

Badmike wrote:
The great thing about only 8 teams in the Luddite league is lots of depth, and lots of possible waiver wire players. and lots of trading (since everyone has someone that another team wants).  Unlike in the Acaeum League...where the waiver wire looks like the bottom drawer of my fridge when I've forgotten to clean it out for a few months  8O

Mike B.

wtf is a waiver wire

cmon badolato youre meant to talk in a language we can understand :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:41 pm 

mdr003 wrote:Picking up 6 WR in the auto draft was pretty rough....

lol........ if only that were the case.

It was not six WR's that the Autocrapper picked for my team in the Autodraft, it was EIGHT WR's ....  :?  8O :evil:  :roll:  :roll:  after the Autocrapper was finished, HALF my team was WR's. Don't get me wrong though, I kinda liked 3 of the WR's the Autocrapper picked up, but most of the rest were total crap. Even among the three I do like, only ONE of them is a top 20 NFL WR. (Roy Williams) That is simply sad in an eight team league. My team truly got royally screwed by the Autocrapper.

I almost cried when I saw all those loser receivers the Autocrapper got for my team; especially after I noticed how all the great secondary RB's were taken while it was doing that horrid WR run for my team, at the same time it was drafting those same RB's (And several MUCH better WR's too) for the other 7 teams. If this had been for money I WOULD have cried.... HUGE tears....

Since then I have dropped or traded all of the crappy WR's and (IMO) I traded WAY up when I got Deuce McAllister (NO) (Even with his horrible week 1). As of today, I have made 8 roster moves (1-Trade-7 Drop/Add). I like my team about 20-30% better now than the morning after the draft.

I think I might even give you a run this week. Especially if the Minnesota passing defense gets burned by Detroits passing game, as I really think it will.
It had better, since my teams week 2 hopes are riding on it. If not, then it will be a gruesomely, Gelataneous, slimey, bloody slaughter..... 8O

I agree completely that Brees and the others will NOT be bad all year and will likely be hitting VERY well at the Playoff time period for our League. Problem is I have to win a whole lot of league matchups BEFORE then or there wont be a playoff run for the MD's. :roll:

An 0-2  start for the MD's would be really bad.......... :oops:

BTW: Have I mentioned how much I HATE Autodrafts?? :roll:

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:47 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:wtf is a waiver wire...cmon badolato youre meant to talk in a language we can understand :)

Al
The waiver wire is where a fantasy teams manager can pick up an undrafted player and drop a less desireable player from the fantasy team.
(Drop one - Add one)

Of course later in the season some of the Waiver Wire choices will be players that had been drafted by the Autocrapper before the season started and immediately dropped by the fantasy manager whose team got royally screwed by said Autocrapper.

Of course, most of those dropped players will be crappy third or fourth on his NFL teams depth chart Wide Receivers.

I am VERY thankful that our FFBL only has 8 teams and not 12, or 16... 8O

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:58 pm 

Aneoth wrote:I almost cried when I saw all those loser receivers the Autocrapper got for my team; especially after I noticed how all the great secondary RB's were taken while it was doing that horrid WR run for my team, at the same time it was drafting those same RB's (And several MUCH better WR's too) for the other 7 teams. If this had been for money I WOULD have cried.... HUGE tears....

I think I might even give you a run this week. Especially if the Minnesota passing defense gets burned by Detroits passing game, as I really think it will. It had better, since my teams week 2 hopes are riding on it. If not, then it will be a gruesomely, Gelataneous, slimey, bloody slaughter..... 8O

The autodraft is a lottery, to be sure... unless you're prepared to do a LOT of preparation. I still maintain that even with all those WR, you were no worse off than anyone else. In the first ten picks, you drafted 3 WR (one at #10); that was pretty much the same for every one. Four of the eight WR were your last 4 picks, when there wasn't much left anyway - at the same time I was picking up Ben Watson, Cleveland and Brandon Jackson, none of whom will ever see the field. Meanwhile other teams were drafting spare kickers, LJ Smith, Rex Grossman etc.

If Detroit run hot, you'll win for sure. Kitna looked pretty good last week, but I don't know he can repeat the effort against the Vikings. I'm going to play Jacksonville this week anyway - they've got Atlanta who were awful last week.

Regards

Mike

PreviousNext