NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 64 of 73123 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 717273
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:51 pm 

Now if I can only Repeat! :)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:01 pm 

I'll be restarting the Luddite league also. Last year I beat Lucyjoyce by the slimmest of margins for the championship (3 pts), so sweet because I swear Jo had something like a 6-0 record vs me in playoff games in both leagues up until then for many, many years of frustration.

So expect the champ to talk a little smack and parade that Luddite Championship Trophy, the diamond encrusted six foot long slice of platinum bacon with floodlights attached to either end, around the draft room this year...

This year I am sending invites to the other 7 teams in the league, and after they are given awhile to re-sign if they wish, we will open up spots to any others to make at least 8 teams.  I went ahead and activated the Keeper League option this year since so many come back to the Luddites every year it would be fun to have some continuity, it will only be one player, if everyone doesn't like this we'll get rid of it. If you want to join let me know I will send you an invite, only two spots at the moment until I getg all the invites back.

Draft is preliminary for Sunday the 26th in the morning, we can change that also if anyone wants.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:59 pm 

Avurax wrote:ACAEUM COLLECTORS FANTASY FOOTBALL
I renewed the recreational/free fantasy football league for 2012.  If anyone is interested, feel free to join.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... collectors
Password: acaeum

OR

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1
League ID: 431320
Password: acaeum

Draft is scheduled for Saturday August 25th @ 6:00 PM CDT (GMT/UTC -5 hours).  Those that cannot make it to the live draft but still wish to participate can set an auto pick list to prioritize players.

===================================================================================================================================
ACAEUM COLLECTORS SURVIVAL FOOTBALL
The last 3 years we also had had a Yahoo NFL Survival League. No maximum number of participants in this game.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival
Group ID#: 6754
Group Password acaeum

I just tried the link.  Yahoo says I cannot sign in because I am not a member of the league...?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:53 pm 

Yep, I got the same message.
Was able to join Mikes Yahoo league though but then he sent an invitation to my Yahoo e-Mail....

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:23 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:Yep, I got the same message.
Was able to join Mikes Yahoo league though but then he sent an invitation to my Yahoo e-Mail....

Use the second link (after OR) it should work fine.

Enter the league number and password under the link that says "Join Existing League" or something similar, and you are in.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:17 pm 

Badmike wrote:I'll be restarting the Luddite league also.
This year I am sending invites to the other 7 teams in the league, and after they are given awhile to re-sign if they wish, we will open up spots to any others to make at least 8 teams.  I went ahead and activated the Keeper League option this year since so many come back to the Luddites every year it would be fun to have some continuity, it will only be one player, if everyone doesn't like this we'll get rid of it. If you want to join let me know I will send you an invite, only two spots at the moment until I getg all the invites back.

Draft is preliminary for Sunday the 26th in the morning, we can change that also if anyone wants.

Mike B.

Hey Mike,

Well the Hong Kong Hobbits are in again this year.
I must be a masochist considering I finished in last place the previous year? :P

Best regards,
Ronald

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:52 pm 

OK
I am signed in for both leagues now.

Ready for the autodrafter...

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:00 pm 

I have the option to join a Luddite league where everyone else already has a keeper player?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:17 am 

FormCritic wrote:I have the option to join a Luddite league where everyone else already has a keeper player?

Just one, and only for returning teams. If you don't get a keeper player you get a 1st round pick (otherwise, that's the keeper player for the other teams).

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:21 am 

rhynne wrote:
Badmike wrote:I'll be restarting the Luddite league also.

Mike B.

Hey Mike,

Well the Hong Kong Hobbits are in again this year.
I must be a masochist considering I finished in last place the previous year? :P

Best regards,
Ronald

It wasn't that bad.  The Cubes had it worse, they had one of the highest scoring teams in the league and kept getting clipped each week by some team putting up a ridiculously high score. Ronald your guys were just legitimately bad :D

No but seriously, you forgot there were off weeks during the season and didn't trade players out, check your lineup each week or just go ahead and set your lineup for the entire season ahead of time. You probably lost 2-3 extra games because you didn't field a full lineup.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:05 pm 

Just arriving from Midway Airport, the South Side Slayers are stepping up this year to do epic battle with all involved.

Fear the Slayers!

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:02 pm 

Badmike wrote:
FormCritic wrote:I have the option to join a Luddite league where everyone else already has a keeper player?

Just one, and only for returning teams. If you don't get a keeper player you get a 1st round pick (otherwise, that's the keeper player for the other teams).

Mike B.

So, essentially, a new owner picks last in the first round.  Or, you could think of it as a new owner who does not get a first round pick.

I would like to play in the Luddites League, provided we aren't betting game items.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:53 pm 

Actually it works out so that a new owner would get two 1st round picks.
The new owners will pick first, then the actual first round begins for everyone.
Or
as you stated first, new owners get the last 1st round picks then the real draft starts and they pick a second player whever the computer assigned them to pick in the actual draft.

Another thing Mike could do is to allow new owners to take over old teams that are missing old owners, then they can pick whomever they want from that roster as a keeper.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:51 pm 

LOL!    So, the great deal is that everyone gets to pick before you....and then they get to pick before you again in the bonus first round.

Awesome!   :lol:

The only way that the league makes sense is if the first round is considered to already be underway (with the keeper teams having already chosen their keeper picks), and the newest players pick in the first round and then before the keeper teams in the second round in what amounts to a snake draft.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:59 pm 

Here's how I understand it.  If you want to keep a player from last year, you must decide that before you know your draft order.  If you get #1 and you have already decided to keep a player that might not go until third or fourth, tough luck.  If you draft #8 and have that 3rd or 4th pick keeper, happiness ensues.  Any manager who is new or who has opted not to keep any player from last season gets the slot they are dealt, be it #1 or #8, and can choose any player not kept from last year and not selected by a manager with priority in the draft order.  So everyone gets one first round draft pick, with the managers keeping a player from last year making that decision ahead of time.  Not necessarily the best player available, as you can see.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:48 am 

The Luddite league is 433920, password is Acaeum, we have at least three more slots.  No purchase necessary.

From what i understand, the Keeper tools let me assign draft order. So I will simply assign new teams the spots after returning teams. Thus, returning teams first "pick" is their keeper, while new teams get not only a pick but the NEXT pick in the snake-around draft format.  So you should really make sure your Keeper is a top 10 pick because he'll be your only pick for awhile.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:07 pm 

Thanks for the explanation, Mike.  Now I have a decision to make.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:01 am 

Badmike wrote:The Luddite league is 433920, password is Acaeum, we have at least three more slots.  No purchase necessary.

From what i understand, the Keeper tools let me assign draft order. So I will simply assign new teams the spots after returning teams. Thus, returning teams first "pick" is their keeper, while new teams get not only a pick but the NEXT pick in the snake-around draft format.  So you should really make sure your Keeper is a top 10 pick because he'll be your only pick for awhile.

Mike B.

Yahoo Sports says:

"The password is incorrect"

"The league is not available"

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 64 of 73123 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 717273