NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 63 of 73123 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 717273
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:19 pm 

In an effort to lull you into a false sense of security, I lost in both leagues by about 30 points.  It was tough keeping Harvin, Cobb, and Sproules on the bench.  

So go ahead - take chances!  What's the worst that could happen? 8O

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:50 am 

In the Luddite league I took a pounding by Brady, and lost by about 30 myself. That Miami match was some game, as Henne wasn't too shabby himself. Any other time his 420 yards would have been the headline.

Actually, I was kicking myself afterwards. I could have played Welker but left him on the bench in favour of Bowe. Normally if I have a WR on the same team as the QB on the other fantasy team I'm playing against I'll get him in the lineup as insurance. I won't make that mistake this week...

Regards
Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:06 am 

Somehow my teams won this weeks matchups in both leagues with scores that would have lost to almost any other team in each league.
Looks like it will be a long season for the Shark squads.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:06 am 

This sucks, just found out all Week one games in one of my leagues won't count, cause there was a glitch in the Yahoo listings that had some teams not be able to enter their lineups on Thursday night. That was the league where I started Tom Brady and Wes Welker and crushed my opponent... :(   Apparently the league will now start with Game #2 as being the first "official" game. Anyone else have that happen in a Yahoo Public League ever???

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:21 am 

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:55 pm 

Boy, not much trash talking this year in the league. Everyone just going about their business, updating their rosters, quietly taking in the results.

Not me though - I'm getting pretty frustrated. In the Luddite league The Cubes have a great team - a championship team - yet I sit in 6th place with a 3-6 record. I drafted well, picked up some nifty free agents but wins are hard to come by. I have Vick at QB, Welker and Steve Smith at WR, Gore and Jackson at RB. I picked up Murray before his break out game and played him that week, I swooped on Gates just as his rehabilitation finished.... so whats going on? Why do I lose?

Looking at the stats, I've scored 132 points on average each week (the league average is 122) - not too bad really. However, I've had a whopping 150 points scored against me on average each week - why the hate for the Cubes? Why do teams save their best for when they play us?

I haven't given up yet and providing I get a bit of luck I'm still a chance for the playoffs. Although I have to play the league-leading Shrews this week so a 3-7 record looks likely.

Anyone else need a vent about the vagaries of football, feel free.

(btw what a great game from the Bears last night...)

Regards
Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:07 pm 

Got clipped by the Ladies of Pain this week. Very close game.  The Freeport Buccaneers are still 7-2 and ready to go down the stretch to the playoffs.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:36 pm 

After losing the first three games in the Acaeum league, the Ladies tightened their garters, made several adjustments in their team (though not as many as the Dire Flumphs, I'm surprised to see) and have had a bit of luck.  The Freeport Bucs are a force to be reckoned with, for sure.

Over in the Luddite League, the Screaming Iguanas hold the record for the most moves (as I am impatient and somewhat fickle) but have had mixed results.  Tough league, for sure.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:02 pm 

mdr003 wrote:Boy, not much trash talking this year in the league. Everyone just going about their business, updating their rosters, quietly taking in the results.

Not me though - I'm getting pretty frustrated. In the Luddite league The Cubes have a great team - a championship team - yet I sit in 6th place with a 3-6 record. I drafted well, picked up some nifty free agents but wins are hard to come by. I have Vick at QB, Welker and Steve Smith at WR, Gore and Jackson at RB. I picked up Murray before his break out game and played him that week, I swooped on Gates just as his rehabilitation finished.... so whats going on? Why do I lose?

Looking at the stats, I've scored 132 points on average each week (the league average is 122) - not too bad really. However, I've had a whopping 150 points scored against me on average each week - why the hate for the Cubes? Why do teams save their best for when they play us?

I haven't given up yet and providing I get a bit of luck I'm still a chance for the playoffs. Although I have to play the league-leading Shrews this week so a 3-7 record looks likely.

Anyone else need a vent about the vagaries of football, feel free.

(btw what a great game from the Bears last night...)

Regards
Mike

Mike;

Your luck is horrendous. You are routinely outscored by the highest scoring team in the league each week.  Seriously, in any normal league or normal year you'd be undefeated.....honestly, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you won out the rest of the year.  Or if your luck holds, keep getting pasted by the weekly highest scoring team.

I thought my luck wouldn't hold out, and sure enough, all my RBs are going down.  Luckily I've scored about a billion pts so I should win most head to head competitions for getting in the playoffs as long as I can keep my record above .500

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:20 pm 

So I'm curious....when none of your players show up to play the week of the championship game, do you get a "do-over"?

Absolutely pathetic.  :x

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:52 am 

I won my first fantasy football championship in forever when Tony Romo decided to take the day off for my opponent after two plays in one of my fantasy leagues.  He also started the underwhelming Steve Smith, who did nothing today.  I beat him so bad I actually felt sorry for him.  Now, I have to rely on a shaky Aaron Rodgers to try to beat Lucy Joyce tomorrow in my other league where I have a shot at #1. We both got boned by so many of our players (Me: Lesean McCoy, 49s Def, AC Green; Her: Roy Helu, Texans Def, Vincent Jackson) that my ass hurts.  Something tells me with my luck, Rodgers will take the day off tomorrow.

Mike B.

EDIT:  I just looked, and saw you got Romo'ed and Smith'ed too, King. I wonder how many championships those two yahoos cost their owners this week.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:57 pm 

Badmike wrote:I won my first fantasy football championship in forever when Tony Romo decided to take the day off for my opponent after two plays in one of my fantasy leagues.  He also started the underwhelming Steve Smith, who did nothing today.  I beat him so bad I actually felt sorry for him.  Now, I have to rely on a shaky Aaron Rodgers to try to beat Lucy Joyce tomorrow in my other league where I have a shot at #1. We both got boned by so many of our players (Me: Lesean McCoy, 49s Def, AC Green; Her: Roy Helu, Texans Def, Vincent Jackson) that my ass hurts.  Something tells me with my luck, Rodgers will take the day off tomorrow.

Mike B.

EDIT:  I just looked, and saw you got Romo'ed and Smith'ed too, King. I wonder how many championships thosey two yahoos cost their owners this week.

Yep, Mike - been a painful week.  But a fun season.  Rodgers should definitely take the day off. He has been working too hard this year.

Here's to a good finish to the season!  :santa:

Edit: Damn, Rodgers got you 42.5 points! Come on, Matt Ryan! Eat your Wheaties today!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:53 pm 

lucyjoyce wrote:
Yep, Mike - been a painful week.  But a fun season.  Rodgers should definitely take the day off. He has been working too hard this year.

Here's to a good finish to the season!  :santa:

Edit: Damn, Rodgers got you 42.5 points! Come on, Matt Ryan! Eat your Wheaties today!

Jo lost by three points....that was one nailbiter of a game!  All those garbage yards by Ryan at the end of the game kept me sweating. Congrats to LucyJoyce, this is the first time I've ever bested her in the playoffs (she's kicked me to the curb many, many times).  

Who was the winner in the Acaeum League?

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:06 pm 

Romo's injury and subsequent removal from the game cost me a loss in one of my money leagues.
He got me ZERO and my team lost by only a few points.
His normal output would have been plenty to put my team at the top.... easily.

Had Romo in the Luddites League as well, Romo had Zero of course and Nicks scored only 3 points while my team lost by just 11.1 points.
But of course that is a free league and was only playing for 3rd/4th place anyway.

Congrats to Mike (Luddites) and Shane (ACL) for winning the championship games.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:12 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:Congrats to Mike (Luddites) and Shane (ACL) for winning the championship games.

I'm just bummed my team didnt make the championship game a bit closer scorewise.  My kicker had ten points and he scored more points than all my other players except Jordy Nelson.  I expected much more out of Gronkowski, LeSean McCoy, and Michael Bush.  I don't mind losing but damn that was just godawful.  :x

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:37 pm 

Bitter sweet victory.  Getting Rodgers is probably what did it for my team.  Knowing my brother was big into fantasy football is a bit of a memory kick in the gut.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:41 pm 

Congrats to Mike and to Shane.  Will have to work my teams harder in the off-season. I'm thinking mental wind sprints interspersed with red wine meditation. Yeah, that's the ticket. Oh, and deep massage. Yessss.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:46 pm 

ACAEUM COLLECTORS FANTASY FOOTBALL
I renewed the recreational/free fantasy football league for 2012.  If anyone is interested, feel free to join.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... collectors
Password: acaeum

OR

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1
League ID: 431320
Password: acaeum

Draft is scheduled for Saturday August 25th @ 6:00 PM CDT (GMT/UTC -5 hours).  Those that cannot make it to the live draft but still wish to participate can set an auto pick list to prioritize players.

===================================================================================================================================
ACAEUM COLLECTORS SURVIVAL FOOTBALL
The last 3 years we also had had a Yahoo NFL Survival League. No maximum number of participants in this game.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival
Group ID#: 6754
Group Password acaeum

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 63 of 73123 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 717273