NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:04 pm 

Except that last year TO had more yards, receptions, and twice as many TDs as Ward.  When it comes to Fantasy Football you have to leave your loyalties at the door...it's all about the stats!

Pretty good considering he missed a game one where he broke his finger in the first quarter and almost died on a bye week.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:08 pm 

Badmike wrote:Except that last year TO had more yards, receptions, and twice as many TDs as Ward.  When it comes to Fantasy Football you have to leave your loyalties at the door...it's all about the stats! Mike B.
You got dat right.

I hate the fact that TO plays for Dallas. I cursed Jerry Jones for doing it too. His action when Emmittt Smith almost kicked his arse alone was worth not wanting him on the team. (For those unaware, TO scored a TD while playing in Texas Stadium for SF (I think) and then he ran all the way back to the Star in the middle of the field to spike the ball on it and dance his jig, waving to the outraged Cowboy fans..... Emmitt Smith had a HUGE problem with that, as did EVERY Cowboys fan on the planet) Emmitt Smith was one of the most laid back football players of all time and he never had fights. Until that incedent.

I think TO is a sorry excuse for a human being (Not EVEN just for the star incedent either).

HOWEVER: as a Football fan, he is DA MAN at the WR spot... Well one of about 6 of em anyway.

Hines Ward WAS a great WR too, age has caught up to him to the point that now he is more middling than great. But he DOES get the TD's.

WHY?

His MANY years of experience allow him to fool the kiddies covering his old arse when he is inside the 20 yard line. And the QB knows it. The Defenses all seem to think he cant run at all, even 20 yards, yet he does it time and time again.

Mike, I have a half dozen extra WR's if your shopping......... :lol:  :wink:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:01 pm 

Aneoth wrote:I hate autodrafts

The damndable program drafted my starting roster first.... Fine Im ok with that and in fact I fully expected it. See my post above.

However ALL but one of the remaining picks it made for me were WR's.
There are only 16 spots on the entire team!!

EIGHT WR's were drafted for my team. What kind of IDIOT running a team during a live draft would draft 8 WR's for a 16 spot team?

I shall now have to hit the waiver wire hard to make up for the automatic drafting programs stupidity. At least we have unlimited free agent pickups available, since im gonna be using them all year long.

I suspect my team is the worst in the league. How could it not be with NO backups at ANY spot except WR?

Ida done better not making ANY choices and letting it do its own thing. Obviously I dont know how to setup an autodraft.

SHEESE..................

I ended up with 5 QB's!!!  WTF!!!  One of them is on IR!!!  I was wondering if anyone ended up with Michael Vick, I saw that he was eligible and put him in my DO NOT PICK column.

SH60B's quote of the weeK!!

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!

Follow The Acaeum on Twitter @TheAcaeum

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:18 pm 

I thought I was being smart, moving people around in the draft rankings. Unfortunately I decided I didn't want to draft a defense, figuring I could pick one up from the free agent list, and so moved them all to the EXCLUDE list.

At least I thought I moved them all - but instead I moved the top 25 defenses to EXCLUDE, and didn't notice there were 7 more lurking on the next page.

End result, I drafted Tennessee and Cleveland. Such is life.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:59 pm 

LOL

SH60B's quote of the weeK!!

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!

Follow The Acaeum on Twitter @TheAcaeum

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:15 pm 

mdr003 wrote:I thought I was being smart, moving people around in the draft rankings. Unfortunately I decided I didn't want to draft a defense, figuring I could pick one up from the free agent list, and so moved them all to the EXCLUDE list.

At least I thought I moved them all - but instead I moved the top 25 defenses to EXCLUDE, and didn't notice there were 7 more lurking on the next page.

End result, I drafted Tennessee and Cleveland. Such is life.

Regards

Mike

Funny!  But I've never been in a draft when I didn't wait until my last pick or so to take one.  Just too many variables.  Hell Cleveland or Tenn might end up being top ten, every year some unknown sneaks up in the rankings.  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:56 am 

First game is in the bag - I expect Colts' owners are feeling pretty pleased, Saints owners less so.

Myself, with Reggie Wayne on the roster, I'm pretty satisfied with his outing. I only hope the other players take note of his example and play similarly.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:54 am 

mdr003 wrote:First game is in the bag - I expect Colts' owners are feeling pretty pleased, Saints owners less so......
I traded for Duce with another manager the same day as the draft.
I had Drew Breez and Duce Mac starting. Duce got more points than Drew did and Duce only got 5..........So, does this mean we should start calling them the Aints again?

I figure Mr. Vick will get more scoring than that while in prison. The most pathetic QB fantasy scoring I have ever seen.

And thats saying something. My first year playing FFB was when I picked up the Magic Man from the Waiver Wire as my starting QB after the 5th or 6th week when I took over the team that was in last place at that point.
The Magic Man had a banner year that season, in fact a carreer year.

Later I will tell you who the Magic Man is. You cannot imagine how many years ago that was.
mdr003 wrote:I only hope the other players take note of his example and play similarly.

8O  8O  OMG dude DONT SAY THAT!!!!!!!!! 8O  8O

Have I said how much I hate Autodrafts? :evil:   Well I do.

I know........ the autodraft had nothing to do with Thursday night football and the Saints sucking so horribly. Still I know ida had a completely different team (After the first two picks anyway) if I had been given the choice on WHO I took and WHEN.  :roll:  :roll:

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:11 am 

Aneoth wrote:Later I will tell you who the Magic Man is. You cannot imagine how many years ago that was.

Don Majkowski with the Packers back in the early 1990's?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:25 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Don Majkowski with the Packers back in the early 1990's?
Dude you must be OLD.....

It was in 1992. The packers were a middling team then and the magic man (Already really old and ready to retire any second) still had a little bit of magic left in him. He had played a couple of good games up to the 6th week, when I took over the fantasy team the starting QB was injured and not even playing.....and had been for several games (Part of the reason the team was in dead last place).  So I droppped that guy and picked up the Magic man from the wire. He was fantastic down the stretch. And along with some other waiver moves and trades my team took first place at the end. And that was when the season was much shorter than it is now with 17 weeks of games.

The packers traded with Atlanta for Brett Favre the following year and have never looked back and rightly so, not so rightly, However, many packer fans have forgotten or never knew the Magic Man.

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:26 am 

Aneoth wrote:Dude you must be OLD.....

Not that old. :lol:  Only 33(well 34 in a month). :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:48 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Not that old. :lol:  Only 33(well 34 in a month). :)
Then you sir are either a devoted student of the game, or you searched Magic Man on yahoo, or googled it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:55 am 

Aneoth wrote:Then you sir are either a devoted student of the game, or you searched Magic Man on yahoo, or googled it.

I didn't cheat, I swear. :)   Just been watching football since as far back as I can remember. Although being where I come from that shouldn't be too much of a suprise, its kind of like a disease if you know what I mean. Even in the offseason around here its all Steelers all the time.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:04 am 

My apologies. The year was 1989........

Sorry.

Don had 27 TD's passing 5 TD's rushing, 4,300 yards passing and 350 yards rushing.

I was right about his leaving when the pack picked up Favre. He did stay on in GB until 1993 but never had another great year like that one, In 1993 he moved to Indy, where he spent a couple more years backing up worse QBs than he was even at his age then he moved on to Detroit and retired from there in 1997.

My memory is about gone now.........

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:26 am 

The Roglaroon Raiders may score over 140 points....and lose!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:41 am 

It's a tough matchup against the Cubes, Mark. You need more than 140 to stop their relentless ooze towards the flag.

Next time, bring some oil and torches.

Regards

Mike

(written in the hope that Palmer and Johnson get their act together on Moinday night and score a combined 35 points)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:43 am 

Oh yeah... and next time I might think about starting Moss. He did OK for a rookie, his first week at the Pats.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:03 am 

so in our league when do all the scores n stuff update?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext