eBay Keyword Spamming
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:57 am 

Anyone had any luck reporting sellers/auctions for this?

Barring that, is there anyway to filter out particular sellers, so that I don't get their ridiculous keyword-stuffed auctions in my email notifications?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:23 pm 

g026r wrote:Anyone had any luck reporting sellers/auctions for this?

Barring that, is there anyway to filter out particular sellers, so that I don't get their ridiculous keyword-stuffed auctions in my email notifications?

I know of some folks that from here that have had thier auctions pulled for it, but I have only personally reported keyword spamming once myself. It was some Ebay storeseller that someone posted here who was selling hockey memorabilia and other totally unrelated RPG stuff, that was so utterly ridiculous that I felt absolutely compelled to do it.  I don't think it got much of a response though.  Then again of the stuff I normally report (i.e illegal pdf auctions, shillers, etc.), my own success rate usually isn't good no matter what it is I am reporting. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:31 pm 

You can always use Auction Sieve for eBay searching. It has enough filters that you can save searches and block key "spam" words.

http://www.auctionsieve.com/

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet