Strategic Preview #4 and #6
Poll: Do you own the 4th or 6th issue of the Strategic Preview?

I own the 4th issue of the Strategic Preview 0%       0%  [ 0 ]
I own the 6th issue of the Strategic Preview 0%       0%  [ 0 ]
I own the 4th and 6th issue of the Strategic Preview 100%       100%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 3

Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:07 pm 

Howdy All,

Just to be clear: I am referring to the Strategic Preview NOT the Strategic Review. See this auction:

** expired eBay auction **

I am wondering now if 4 and 6 actually exist. Perhaps it is some sort of joke that only odd numbered issues 3 and 5 were put out?

So the poll question is: Do you own the 4th or 6th issue of the Strategic Preview?

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:17 pm 

Good luck trying to get a straight answer.  I tried this one already not all that long ago:

viewtopic.php?t=5164&highlight=preview

and I had 6 different folks select that they all 4 #3-#6.  :roll:    However no one has to posted any concrete confirmation or scans of them.  Hopefully, you will have better luck than I did. Until about 3 weeks ago I owned #3 & #5, but they were sold to someone else on the board.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:54 pm 

The Collector's Trove wrote:
I am wondering now if 4 and 6 actually exist. Perhaps
Paul

You might be right Paul judging by the lack of responses.  If not done already, what about asking the people with the oldest or largest collections?

Or Tim Kask over on DF.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:23 am 

Paul,

If you follow the link that bclarkie provided (two posts up) on a poll he conducted earlier, Frank (extsr) says:

extsr wrote:Foul, I'll see what I can do re scans.

(I have all 4. I concur that there were only those 4, starting with #3.)

F

Also, I remembered from an old thread Here  , that Stratochamp said:

stratochamp wrote:hi stephen, in addition to the other things i already pmed you, i also have 3 thru 6 of strategic preview , 1-7 strat review (2 sets) an ob3, 4 10th anniv bonus packs, r1-4 (2 sets), rpga 1-4, brown box (3rd pr). oh & you didn`t include the r6 (384th incarnation of bigby`s tomb). anyway nice work stephen, and great idea; it`s very interesting to see what`s out there.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "