Dinner Saturday before Collectable Auction 6%       6%  [ 1 ]
Meet at the Collectable Auction Saturday Night 19%       19%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 16

Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:07 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Where in the world did you guys find that?  Sheesh...I have been looking for one of those it seems like forever.  Nice one.  :D

Crazy Egor's.

We spent about an hour looking through everything. Found several nice things there.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:23 am 

burntwire brothers wrote:
Crazy Egor's.

We spent about an hour looking through everything. Found several nice things there.

Man that hurts.  We spent so much time at Crazy Egor's the entire time we were there.  Unfortunately I didnt see the boxes of miniature and wargame rules on the floor under all the shelves until the second day otherwise it probably would have been gone already.  :)

I did pretty well though.  I did manage to pick up FGU's Legion, TSR's Valley Forge, Book 8 Robots for Traveller, Scouts and Assassins for Traveller, and first editions of Tri Tac's Fringeworthy and FTL: 2448...all for under $6 apiece.  It would have taken me 10 years to find all those on Ebay for prices like that so I am not going to complain too much.  :wink:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:26 am 

you snagged some great stuff dude, really you did.

next time, i am gonna be parked outside that door at like 8am waiting to charge in. no fecker is gonna get there before me this time :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:10 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Man that hurts.  We spent so much time at Crazy Egor's the entire time we were there.  Unfortunately I didnt see the boxes of miniature and wargame rules on the floor under all the shelves until the second day otherwise it probably would have been gone already.  :)

I did pretty well though.  I did manage to pick up FGU's Legion, TSR's Valley Forge, Book 8 Robots for Traveller, Scouts and Assassins for Traveller, and first editions of Tri Tac's Fringeworthy and FTL: 2448...all for under $6 apiece.  It would have taken me 10 years to find all those on Ebay for prices like that so I am not going to complain too much.  :wink:

By the time we came back to Egor's booth for the FIFTH time they knew us by name....!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:11 am 

and did you notice that his wife kept offering Martin somewhere to sit. preferential treatment or what eh!

now THAT is what i call offering a good service to regular customers :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:59 am 

Yeah she was great.  She was especially nice after I returned a wad of money that she thought she had put in the waist pouch she had on.  However she slipped it between the pouch and her body and it fell on the ground.  It was a good sized wad probably over $100.  She was very thankful and even nicer after that.

Everytime we went there she asked how I was doing.  She knew I was having some pain issues.  Great lady.  Makes me wish I had actually bought something from them.  But there's always next year.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:02 am 

well i think i bought enough for you and me combined Martin :)

i must msg crazy egor to thank him for such a great service while there. his was imo one of the best booths there, though it was so cool to meet Lou Zocchi as well - i picked my Zulu booklet up there.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:20 pm 

"Uncle Lou", as we used to call him, is one of a kind. He used to drive all over the country to cons in a beat-to-death station wagon crammed with product.
His frugality is legenday.
While on the dealer floor this year, when I walked up to his booth he was hand coloring numbers on dice!
Still, he is a sweet guy and one of the true grognards of the business.

Nemesis of the Annoyingly Dense
Guidelines, not rules...

Previous