Meet at the Collectable Auction Friday Night 6%       6%  [ 1 ]
Lunch Saturday 13%       13%  [ 2 ]
Dinner Saturday before Collectable Auction 6%       6%  [ 1 ]
Meet at the Collectable Auction Saturday Night 19%       19%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 16

Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:30 am 

Badmike wrote:Cant figure out how to get pictures up....

Long day, 1AM, too much booze, no wonder you can't  . . . oh, pictures!

Create an account on Photobucket or some other free picture-hosting site.  Upload the pictures from your PC (or send the pictures from your phone to your account's e-mail address).  Get the URL of the picture and then:

(Using spaces to make the code visible in this post)

[ img ] URL-of-picture [ /img ]

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:24 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:
Long day, 1AM, too much booze, no wonder you can't  . . . oh, pictures!

Create an account on Photobucket or some other free picture-hosting site.  Upload the pictures from your PC (or send the pictures from your phone to your account's e-mail address).  Get the URL of the picture and then:

(Using spaces to make the code visible in this post)

[ img ] URL-of-picture [ /img ]

Or you can go to http://www.tinypic.com and just upload without an account .....

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:51 pm 

hey dudes

this is Al on mikes account here. having a blast - been lots of fun and have got some really cool stuff man.

we are just off out for lunch in about 15 mins which will be really cool then we have the big auctions which is gonna be lots of fun.

hit crazy egors stall and lou zocchis stall and got some more cool stuff.

right well we better get a move on. these americans are lazy unfit feckers. they are all moaning about walking about n being tired and mike has a blister on his foot - man if you listened to him you would think he was just about to get his leg amputated!!!! all good fun tho.

no time to game today so we are gonna tomorrow - tegel manor it is *evil grin*

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeya!!

Al

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:58 pm 

Badmike wrote:hey dudes

this is Al on mikes account here. having a blast - been lots of fun and have got some really cool stuff man.

we are just off out for lunch in about 15 mins which will be really cool then we have the big auctions which is gonna be lots of fun.

right well we better get a move on. these americans are lazy unfit feckers. they are all moaning about walking about n being tired and mike has a blister on his foot - man if you listened to him you would think he was just about to get his leg amputated!!!! all good fun tho.

Al

Al....

You gotta remember that you jog across Africa for entertainment.  

In order to have a similar experience at GenCon you would need to go barefoot the entire time, wear a hairshirt, eat nothing, wait in line for every celebrity autograph signing and bang your head against something concrete every three hours.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:36 pm 

this is Al on mikes account here. having a blast

Hey Al - What's with using Mike's account - I would have thought that you would be trying to up your mediocre post count! :lol:

Sounds like you guys are having a blast - I for one am extrememly jealous.

(I guess any Americans who have upset Al are worried now - "Jeez- we never thought he'd come across the pond for a one-on-one meeting...." - Payback Al Style :lol:  :twisted:

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:41 am 

gyg wrote:(I guess any Americans who have upset Al are worried now - "Jeez- we never thought he'd come across the pond for a one-on-one meeting...." - Payback Al Style :lol:  :twisted:

He is even coming out to Australia.  Al, is on a world payback tour  :twisted:

Whats even worse is I promised to go running with him.  For which I have been training 2mths solid. I now have this fear of now being left somewhere in the Simpson desert.  8O

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:49 am 

improvstone wrote:
He is even coming out to Australia.  Al, is on a world payback tour  :twisted:

Whats even worse is I promised to go running with him.  For which I have been training 2mths solid. I now have this fear of now being left somewhere in the Simpson desert.  8O

Imagine that, you hear one last word as your life force ebbs away...........

"Muppet"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:00 am 

gyg wrote:
Imagine that, you hear one last word as your life force ebbs away...........

"Muppet"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I have some British friends who use that expression all the time .... it really needs the the British accent to sound right.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:24 am 

What a wild auction tonight, featured the following items

10 or 11 pre pub mods
Two daystar west mods
Fazzle
1st and 2nd woody
Guidon Chainmail

WOW!!

On a bright note I walked a rare Lawnmower man RPG 8)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:39 am 

Blackmoor wrote:What a wild auction tonight, featured the following items

10 or 11 pre pub mods
Two daystar west mods
Fazzle
1st and 2nd woody
Guidon Chainmail

WOW!!

On a bright note I walked a rare Lawnmower man RPG 8)

Wowzer indeed.

Is there any way of getting a detailed list, possibly including the address and home security arrangements of some of the winners :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:53 am 

It was a very productive auction, indeed!   8)

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:55 am 

Al

That bloody muppet (damn I'm talking like the guy now!!!)

It's two blisters...and they are as big as my frigging fist....and I haven't walked this far since I ran in the last african desert marathon  :D

But on to today's activities....

After missing the wakeup call due to hotel incompetence, we once again met up with Prufrock and Killjoy at the Red Eye where I had another bacon cheeseburger for breakfast...yeh, I think I like their burgers alright!
Back to the con where we hit the dealer room again, got to meet notables such as Richard "Apollo" Hatch from Battlestar Galactica who is hawking his own game (we had to stop Kingofpain from making out with his boyhood idol); and Lou Zocchi, he of the funky dice. We sat in on a  seminar with Rob Kuntz, Robin Laws, Keith Baker where they described how to reinvigorate your campaign, and talked with Rob a bit afterwards.  Then off to the Hyatt where Rob and Grodog were running a unpublished level of Maure castle, Killjoy stayed to watch the game while me, Kingofpain and Prufrock went to the mall nearby wherewe got nothing constructive done except looking at girls with big jugs.
Eventually we headed to the Claddaugh (an irish restaurant ironically right next to Red Eye) and had the "official" Acaeum dinner sponsored by the Burntwire brothers, who I met for the first time.  Let me tell you after wondering if they were either siamese twins or 55 year old 300 lb kleptomaniacs they turned out to be two of the nicest guys I've absolutely ever met.  I got to see a lot of the great original artwork these guys own, and hear some funny tales. We were joined by Blackmoor, Stratochamp & wife, Netrodent, and Tim Kask who unfortunately I got to spend basically no time talking to because the Burntwire bros and Mr. & Mrs Stratochamp kept me entertained the entire dinner with tales of collecting.  
    Well, after dinner we went back for the main event, the Friday night collectible auction run by Frank and Tim Kask.  The tension was high after we found out some of the goodies for the night:  A guidon games Chainmail 2nd, a couple of woodgrains, a Fazzlewood, and....a Daystar Rahasia and Pharoah.  Some great big goodies for the evening also included some original pre-pubs of many modules Frank had worked on.
 The great news is that it was basically a clean sweep by the Acaeum folk. Everyone except me and Prufrock were big players (sorry, no money left in the Badmike wallet....).  Kingofpain was the surprise winner of the Chainmail; Stratochamp and Blackmoor got the manuscripts, except one that the Burntwire bros snagged; Killjoy managed to somehow score a stack of Beholder magazines and some early Dragons; Blackmoor had the most incredible buys with the triple play of the Fazzlewood and both Daystar modules; and Netrodent scored the most pricey item of the night with a really nice 1st woodgrain that was the last item auctioned.  All in all the Acaeum came through big time with all the major buys, you mess with us you get your ass spanked was the lesson all the other auction goers learned.
     Tomorrow everyone will try to recover as we finally get to game with Killjoy running us through Tegel Manor and probably a tpk in the first few rooms as he inflicts blisters on all our characters.
 Haven't thought about 4th edition one bit...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:29 am 

Blackmoor wrote:What a wild auction tonight, featured the following items

10 or 11 pre pub mods
Two daystar west mods
Fazzle
1st and 2nd woody
Guidon Chainmail

To have missed all this .... the pain!    So how much did the items go for?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:48 am 

improvstone wrote:
To have missed all this .... the pain!    So how much did the items go for?

Honestly...was so caught up in the moment I never wrote anything down.  KingofPain's chainmail went in the $600 range; Netrodent's woodgrain was two grand.  The prepubs generally went in the $150-$200 range.  Whatever Blackmoor paid for his goodies would make a nice downpayment on a car.  But he got a deal, the condition was incredible especially on the Daystar items, those things never come up, and how often can you snag THREE of the most coveted RPG items in just a half hour's time?????????
  BTW now Al will stop bothering us about  Beholder mags, honestly he got one of the best deals of the night as I don't think anyone even knew what the hell they were except for Acaeum members, I think it was about 15 issues for $40, including a lot ofthe early ones, you can't beat that.  They were in great shape for their age also.
   On to washing my clothes (used up six tshirts in two days, sheesh) and getting ready for breakfast, I'm gearing up for another cheeseburger I think.... :)
  Oh and btw there was a Tonya sighting at the Titan games booth, unfortunately no chainmail bikini this year...:D
   And Gleemax did make an attempt to destroy us, luckily we escaped, pictures will follow when I get back home...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:44 am 

hey guys!!!!

well what a blast last night was man! we had a great day and the Acaeum dinner was amazing, had such a blast chatting with Jeff (Blackmoor), which we carried on over into the auction in the evening - man that was so funny.

i won a heap of thngs - man i was so happy - the beholders i got for $32 and really are in very very sweet condition - man was i so happy!!!! i got a load of other stuff - i really cant remember all that i got in all during the day. i did manage to snag one of the pre-pubs though - the UK module eye of the serpent. i think i got that for $160 so yes, really pleased.

i got to talk to frank M again (great guy), Lou Zocchi, even crazy egor (he thanked me for coming back like for the 5th time buying stuff), numerous other peeps and of course Rob Kuntz too, fab finally catching up with him and having a few chats and last but but not least Tim Kask - sorry if anyone disagrees, but Tim is one fantastic guy - he even gave me a 2006 Gencon staff badge and signed the back of it, so i was ecstatic about that.

i really have to say its been so great to speak with everyone and really enjoy the experience. its been an absolute blast and am sure today will be the same too. we're gonna game today so should be fun - Tegal Manor it is, so lets see how long the guys last :)

i just have to conclude with saying THANKYOU to all the guys that have made this a great time for me and its been a pure pleasure - specially Martin, Mike and John - now i get to kill them today  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

cya for now

Al!

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:23 am 

good scores guys
- Whatever Blackmoor paid for his goodies would make a nice downpayment on a car.
cheap or thinking BIG car? enjoy tegel :twisted: :twisted:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:26 pm 

Fazzle was $1000
Pharaoh was  $1225
Rahasia was $1300
Lawnmower man RPG $5.00 8O

All very nice and incredibly rare, what a great find. :D

Also go Dragon #2 and #3 for good prices

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:42 pm 

pretty darned cheap ;) ;) get them home in one piece now!!
+$5 = :lol: :lol:

PreviousNext