Cut-outs?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:24 pm 

I recently received a small lot of items I purchased on Ebay, and noticed a couple have a tiny notch cut into the spine near the top. It reminded of the notches cut in records in the "cut-out" bins I used to search back when I collected vinyl. Anyone know anything about this, vis-a-vis modules? The ones in question are S4 and X2.

Scott

"We were put on this Earth to fart around."
                            - Kurt Vonnegut

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:32 pm 

silver_beetle wrote:I recently received a small lot of items I purchased on Ebay, and noticed a couple have a tiny notch cut into the spine near the top. It reminded of the notches cut in records in the "cut-out" bins I used to search back when I collected vinyl. Anyone know anything about this, vis-a-vis modules? The ones in question are S4 and X2.

Scott

I have some Judges Guild with holes drilled through them ( as oppossed tto hole-punched). Its a way to mark them as either to be destroyed or marked down for liquidation, I'm guessing.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:55 pm 

See http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/miscpages/dark.html for an example of the Bonus Packs that TSR did to sell overstock; the modules were punched with that vertical cut, and then bundled together in various sets.  I'm sure someone else can point you to the specific links which I didn't find on a cursory search :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:40 pm 

Yes, maybe they came from the 10th Anniversary Combo packs...  Though it would have to be from two different packs, as I do not believe that the two modules in question were ever part of the same pack.

Bonk!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:52 am 

I also have a copy of S4, from e-bay, that has a similar notch.  Is the notch cut into the binding?  Or is it downward from the top of the mod?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:26 pm 

nyjastul69 wrote:I also have a copy of S4, from e-bay, that has a similar notch.  Is the notch cut into the binding?  Or is it downward from the top of the mod?

It's horizontal into the spine, about 2-3 inches from the top.

"We were put on this Earth to fart around."
                            - Kurt Vonnegut