Cougarrinard question...
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:13 pm 

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd wander on over and ask a new question concerning our "favorite" eBay person, Cougarrinard.  :roll:

The other day, he posted a question on one of my auctions (for three of the booklets from the Planescape: Hellbound set), asking if I'd be willing to ship these items to a friend of his in Tennessee who could then get the items to Coug for a much better rate than usual.

Naturally, I just deleted this question from my auction -- he's on my Blocked Seller list anyway -- but I just thought I'd ask if anyone else had encountered this question from him before?

Cheers,
JohnH
aka Wandering Monster

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:17 pm 

Wandering Monster wrote:Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd wander on over and ask a new question concerning our "favorite" eBay person, Cougarrinard.  :roll:

The other day, he posted a question on one of my auctions (for three of the booklets from the Planescape: Hellbound set), asking if I'd be willing to ship these items to a friend of his in Tennessee who could then get the items to Coug for a much better rate than usual.

Naturally, I just deleted this question from my auction -- he's on my Blocked Seller list anyway -- but I just thought I'd ask if anyone else had encountered this question from him before?

Cheers,
JohnH
aka Wandering Monster

I Received the same question from him a week or so ago.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:26 pm 

I've seen him tell lots of sellers lately, if they won't ship overseas, he has a US address they can use.

Probably saves a bundle by shipping in large lots, rather than a couple items at a time.

(And probably those lots all miraculously 'are delivered', unlike the ones from other people that 'never arrive'. :roll: )

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:51 pm 

Wandering Monster wrote:Hi everyone,

Cheers,
JohnH
aka Wandering Monster

Coug has a US connection willing to ship him items, sort of a RPG Judas if you will.  Reminds me of the humans who worked knowingly with the alien lizards on "V".  

I guess just for the heck of it, I will remind all sellers here that if you ship to someone other than who has won the auction, you are NOT eligible for any recourse through paypal or Ebay if said package or item becomes "lost"....even if you have used delivery confirmation, certified mail, signature delivery, WHATEVER, if you don't ship to the buyer's confirmed address you are not allowed to seek redress. As a matter of fact, the buyer will AUTOMATICALLY get his funds returned if he states he did not receive the item, no matter what your proof, and the funds will immediately be taken from your paypal account.  Be warned.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:10 am 

The next person to receive a Tenessee e-mail should try and find out the info of the person. User ID (if any), address, etc.

By the way, look at the feedback:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... llFeedback

Toady................

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:32 am 

I see a website URL in that feedback!  Given that Cougie tried to pull someone's feedback merely for mentioning Google, I must ask: is it possible to get someone else's feedback pulled for policy violations? :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:50 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:The next person to receive a Tenessee e-mail should try and find out the info of the person. User ID (if any), address, etc.
By the way, look at the feedback:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... llFeedback

Toady................

Gee, I guess we were
RWONG AGIAN
about Cougar...

This pretty much wraps up the case of "Was Danteluvscock a sock puppet for Coug".....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:15 am 

Even by cutting shipping costs how does this guy make any money? He certainly has a whole host of dirty tricks to cut costs but he's paying too much for most lots. Seems like his profit margin is razor thin. But then again I only have one house and not three so...

Hmm, no, I don't have a gambling problem, I'm winning, and winning is not a problem. That's like saying Michael Jordan has a basketball problem, or Def Leppard has an awesomeness problem. So why don't y'all pour some sugar on that?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:02 am 

Even by cutting shipping costs how does this guy make any money? He certainly has a whole host of dirty tricks to cut costs but he's paying too much for most lots. Seems like his profit margin is razor thin. But then again I only have one house and not three so...

Well he does a lot of volume so even a small margin could add up. Also he may well have dozens of buyers in Europe or Australia that he deals with regularly offline.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:07 am 

Hi everyone,

I got this cryptic message from him on my eBay account earlier:

"bad advice usually comes from jealous people,
who just want to see sales / high bids as low as possible.
wandering monster"

Guess he lurks on here -- perhaps with a hat of disguise??  :wink:

Cheers,
JohnH
aka Wandering Monster

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:23 am 

Hi All,

I think its a 100% certain he lurks on here.

Dunno if he ever posts tho - can't remember many ppl with such bad spelling/grammar   8O

Cheers,
Malc

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:24 pm 

g026r wrote:I see a website URL in that feedback!  Given that Cougie tried to pull someone's feedback merely for mentioning Google, I must ask: is it possible to get someone else's feedback pulled for policy violations? :twisted:

Well,

I would argue that no one here actually report this feedback.  Think about it.  What would you do if you were looking at this remark and saw that there was a website listed?  You would probably check out the website, which would lead the uninformed to the various posts here.  That, in turn, may help some (new to cougie tactics) ebayers avoid a nasty surprise.  So in summary, that comment will probably have the exact opposite of its original sock-puppet's intent.

Unless cougie's new Tennessee lurker sock puppet reads this...

Ben.S.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:23 pm 

Dave does this to himself a lot.  

He rages about people or things that he would profit more from ignoring.

He spends too much time either gloating or getting revenge.

I don't think that danteisevil necessarily started out as Dave's American connection...since he had a rough enough experience here and got banned for it.....but his attempt at a small amount of revenge on the Acaeum will surely backfire.

Mark  8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."