Uk Gencon - Auction
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:54 pm 

Hi All,

I vaguely recall a couple of people saying they might be interested in the auction at UK Gencon - well, it will appear that it will be a bit of washout, collecting-wise.

Apparently the auctioneers are ONLY accepting full-charity donations. Which means that mostly only companies and stores will donate - not many ppl will sell games.

Not I think a great policy   :(

Cheers,
Malc

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:57 pm 

lawrenson wrote:Hi All,

I vaguely recall a couple of people saying they might be interested in the auction at UK Gencon - well, it will appear that it will be a bit of washout, collecting-wise.

Apparently the auctioneers are ONLY accepting full-charity bids. Which means that mostly only companies and stores will donate - not many ppl will sell games.

Not I think a great policy   :(

Cheers,
Malc

yeah i think its a stupid policy too. never really see the point of it imo. but hey i guess they know what they are talking about huh? if its gonna be anything like the auction at game'07, man they need to get it sorted :)

when is it anyway? i seem to recollect that its in november? if so i will be in australia. if i am here tho, i will prb go.

Al

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:06 pm 

http://www.consupport.com/index.asp?Con=61

30 Aug to 2 Sep - It's in my diary but as it's summer hols time I'm probably not going to make it. (Shame as it's only 20 minutes from home)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:32 pm 

oooh now thats very do-able.

will check to see whats happening

Al

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:38 pm 

Hi All,

tho not as impressive as your Gencon Indy collections, I got from Reading:

4th ed D&D Launch poster (1 of 2)
4th ed D&D UK t-shirt (1 of 308)
alpha call of cthulhu module due to be published at some future time by pelgrane press
the north shrinkwrapped
load of smaller stuff

Cheers,
Malc

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:43 pm 

lawrenson wrote:Hi All,

tho not as impressive as your Gencon Indy collections, I got from Reading:

4th ed D&D Launch poster (1 of 2)
4th ed D&D UK t-shirt (1 of 308)
alpha call of cthulhu module due to be published at some future time by pelgrane press
the north shrinkwrapped
load of smaller stuff

Cheers,
Malc

Malc

was it any good? i checked it out as i was going to drive down for a day, but it looked so small it didnt feel worth the effort?

Al

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:49 am 

Hi,

well, the "vibe" was a lot more positive than the last two Butlins ones, I thought.

Horsemen claimed attendance peaked around 1500, but I would reckon closer to 700 personally.

I think it was definitely more roleplaying oriented than its been for quite a while, tho this was mainly because internal industry politics meant that the Magic players werent there in force - maybe 60/70 tops.

The Campus was a half-decent venue, and with better signage, and if they can acquire another building in the "horseshoe" where the main action was, it will be a lot better.

Food and drink was acceptable and not expensive.

I believe it will be in the same venue next year, which would be much better than moving again.

Not much exciting in the auction (apart from the Cthulhu thing we bought, and the Missus got some CCG stock). The bring'n'Buy had TONS of stuff cheap, but not that much good stuff.

All in all more positives than for several years :)

Cheers,
Malc