Can anyone is the US help with this?
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:09 pm 

Would a US member be willing to place a bid on a US only auction for me? I'll cover all shipping costs and throw in a decent handling fee to cover your time (all via Paypal). Auction ends 02:00 GMT 18 July. Anyone...?
Please PM for details.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:13 pm 

Scrub that - just realised that one of the members here is already bidding.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:36 pm 

Danny, I sent you a PM.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:39 pm 

calling my US buddies....

can anyone do me a favour?

i just won a beastmaker mountain and the seller wants to send me the item via USPS Priority Mail International to the grand sum of $28.00.

seems a little tonya-esque for my liking, so could someone be kind enough so i can arrange to have it shipped to them? i will then either have it sent to here or get one of the guys to just bring it to GenCon for me next year. either way is cool.

mant thanks guys...a reply asap would be most appreciated as the seller is 0-rated and i dont want any problems.

Al

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:47 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:i just won a beastmaker mountain and the seller wants to send me the item via USPS Priority Mail International to the grand sum of $28.00.

seems a little tonya-esque for my liking

Just a little.  Fiddling with the USPS rate calculator, I need to bump a UK-bound parcel up to 3 pounds before I get $28.

I've never seen a copy of Beastmaker Mountain, but I somehow doubt it's that heavy. :roll:

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:11 pm 

I don't trust my new postal carrier otherwise I'd offer to help.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:16 pm 

Al,

Let me know if I can help.  As long as there are no giant shrews to take care of, this shouldn't be a problem.  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:00 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:calling my US buddies....

i just won a beastmaker mountain and the seller wants to send me the item via USPS Priority Mail International to the grand sum of $28.00.

seems a little tonya-esque for my liking, so could someone be kind enough so i can arrange to have it shipped to them? i will then either have it sent to here or get one of the guys to just bring it to GenCon for me next year. either way is cool.

mant thanks guys...a reply asap would be most appreciated as the seller is 0-rated and i dont want any problems.

Al

Al;

Unfortunately that sounds about right using the new USPS mailing guidelines for a priority box.  If Ryan can't help you let me know...!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:30 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:calling my US buddies....

Al

Alan, have him ship it to me.  I won something from his auctions so its probably easies just to have him package it up with mine and I will forward it on.  I'd be willing to bet that I can get it to you for around half of that. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:26 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Alan, have him ship it to me.  I won something from his auctions so its probably easies just to have him package it up with mine and I will forward it on.  I'd be willing to bet that I can get it to you for around half of that. :)

Brian

that sounds cool man - and thankyou so much to all the other guys too.

Muchas Gracias.

Bri - i was gonna get him to ship it to martin (prufrock - the Indiana Jones of the Acaeum) but if youre having stuff shipped to you then thats cool - because all the auctions that were set on private i didnt know who was bidding on what, which sucked. could you have a word with him about that?

i will msg him about it and just pay whatever the invoice is that he does - kindly he has sent an amended invoice, but to martin - he quoted shipping & handling as $8.30 - is that ok?

thanks once again guys - shows how cool the acaeum is!

Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:03 am 

killjoy32----

Anytime you need a US address to ship to, just let me know. I'll PM my address to you any time you like.
Once you have it, just give me a tip on when and what to expect.

Nemesis of the Annoyingly Dense
Guidelines, not rules...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:43 am 

Kaskoid wrote:killjoy32----

Anytime you need a US address to ship to, just let me know. I'll PM my address to you any time you like.
Once you have it, just give me a tip on when and what to expect.

wow thanks tim!

never ceases to amaze me the kindness of the folk here. one request draws about 10 offers. amazing!

Al

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:01 am 

I would offer to help, but it seems rather pointless at this point. :) Still...

Sometimes, its fun to just see what these things look like, even if its just to say "ok, here you go."

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:17 am 

serleran wrote:I would offer to help, but it seems rather pointless at this point. :) Still...

Sometimes, its fun to just see what these things look like, even if its just to say "ok, here you go."

:)

well thanks all the same - always good to know there are folk who will help!

Al