RJK's Bottle City updates
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:28 pm 

I truly hope all improves and PPP does work.
I've loved the material that has gone out so far.
Despite having more money already "invested" on future pre-orders and very long uncertain waits so far on BC LE, I will no doubt buy again, although never again on the pay first, wait and see model

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:54 pm 

Some early, pre-announcement communications from Rob on issues raised here, and elsewhere:  http://piedpiperpublishing.yuku.com/topic/2473

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:46 pm 

enshook wrote:I've decided to come on board formally at PPP. I'm getting behind its future because I'm excited by recent developments and want to be involved with them. I think Allan has indicated the same, previously in this thread.

Thus I speak in a formal capacity when I say that I completely understand your intentions were good, Michael. Rob does have to come online soon. Apologies are in order from him. However, I felt that it would be more effective to first speak with actions and complete all orders first. In fact, I felt very strongly that no apology could possibly be complete without first resolving all outstanding commitments and obligations.

Otherwise, what good would words be other than to just stir things up again and open only partially healed wounds?

PPP will make good on all obligations to its fans and supporters. We will soon be announcing significant changes to PPP's business model. Frankly, some of those changes were made in this thread. We appreciate that advice!

PPP owes its clients better service and a more certain relationship. The new Website is part of that package.

Michael, I'd like to thank you for not demanding that we move from Improv without notice. I appreciate your giving us ample time to do so,  even though we differed in our opinions about what actions PPP should take at this immediate time.

Not to take away any of mine and many others high level of appreciation regarding Grodogs many posts .....

That was (IMO)  Absolutely the most thoughtfully written statements regarding a long term solution to the this topic I have seen in what...?

Something like 40 pages of posts.

I hope all your hopes and good intentions pan out... I truly do.

Very nice.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:05 pm 

Holy God in Heaven! Rob has a computer! And an e-mail address!
Lucifer is shaking off snowflakes..........

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:00 am 

enshook wrote:I've decided to come on board formally at PPP. I'm getting behind its future because I'm excited by recent developments and want to be involved with them. I think Allan has indicated the same, previously in this thread.

Thus I speak in a formal capacity when I say that I completely understand your intentions were good, Michael. Rob does have to come online soon. Apologies are in order from him. However, I felt that it would be more effective to first speak with actions and complete all orders first. In fact, I felt very strongly that no apology could possibly be complete without first resolving all outstanding commitments and obligations.

Otherwise, what good would words be other than to just stir things up again and open only partially healed wounds?

PPP will make good on all obligations to its fans and supporters. We will soon be announcing significant changes to PPP's business model. Frankly, some of those changes were made in this thread. We appreciate that advice!

PPP owes its clients better service and a more certain relationship. The new Website is part of that package.

Michael, I'd like to thank you for not demanding that we move from Improv without notice. I appreciate your giving us ample time to do so,  even though we differed in our opinions about what actions PPP should take at this immediate time.

I wish you guys luck.  People are usually very forgiving if they are able to get redress; just remember how important communication is in the scheme of things.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:40 am 

enshook wrote:I've decided to come on board formally at PPP.

Congradulations!  I wish you all the best in your new role.  Rob and all PPP customers owe you a huge debt of graditude.

enshook wrote:Thus I speak in a formal capacity when I say that I completely understand your intentions were good, Michael.  Rob does have to come online soon. Apologies are in order from him.

Yes Eric my intentions were good as I believe were yours.  Good intentions aside I am running a businesses and I must make decisions in the best interest of Improv.

enshook wrote:However, I felt that it would be more effective to first speak with actions and complete all orders first. In fact, I felt very strongly that no apology could possibly be complete without first resolving all outstanding commitments and obligations.

Eric, we will have to agree to disagree on what constitutes good business practice and effective communication.  This is not a swipe at you as I believe you have done an excellent job.  

enshook wrote:PPP will make good on all obligations to its fans and supporters. We will soon be announcing significant changes to PPP's business model. Frankly, some of those changes were made in this thread. We appreciate that advice!

Eric, I have no doubt you will follow through on your promises.

enshook wrote:Michael, I'd like to thank you for not demanding that we move from Improv without notice. I appreciate your giving us ample time to do so,

You are indeed welcome.  Though you should have held off on changing trhe website DNS entries until the new site was ready.

enshook wrote:even though we differed in our opinions about what actions PPP should take at this immediate time.

Eric, I had to laugh when I read this line.  Prior to this post I don't believe we have discussed the actions PPP should take.  Rob on the other hand I have most certainly disagreed with.

Best of luck,

Improv

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:15 am 

enshook wrote:PPP will make good on all obligations to its fans and supporters.

I hope that this will include freelance writers and artists who are owed for their work too.

Otherworld Miniatures Webshop - http://www.otherworld.me.uk/store.html

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:35 pm 

otherworld wrote:I hope that this will include freelance writers and artists who are owed for their work too.

I'd like to let everyone know that Rob and I have been in direct communication (!) for the past couple of days, and we are taking steps to resolve our differences. I apologize for airing my dirty laundry on a public forum. Especially considering the fact that, as I've stated previously, I did send an email in late June absolving him of all debt and obligation. I let my frustrations with the delayed delivery of BC do the talking for me. Rest assured that we're working everything out like civilized adults. :)

Thanks!

Mr. Sasquatch 2008

Jason Braun
Art Monkey for Hire
http://www.jasonbraun.com

WWW YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:37 pm 

On April 9 I ordered a copy of Bottle City from PPP because Eric Shook personally guaranteed that he would make sure it would be shipped in a couple of days. I hope and trust to receive my copy soon.  :)

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:15 pm 

Ordered an LE got one. Maybe a bit late  ... but so what?

Why did I order it? Because I support old school gaming. Maybe I've missed the point here but for me it's about supporting gaming.

Maybe life's a bit slower over here in Ulster than in the US, so it may well just be me, but I got exactly what i ordered, so what if it took a bit longer.

I must be honest and say i don't get all the wingeing this thread has generated.

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:49 pm 

obiter wrote:I must be honest and say i don't get all the wingeing this thread has generated.

Personally, I the tardiness of item and the politics of the company don't have much impact on me.  My issue is more strictly product based.  When I order something that is $150 + $10 for shipping, I kind of expect to have it shipped to me so that it remains in new condition.  Instead, I end up with a map that isn't signed (although it is suppose to be) and a module booklet that looks like it has been through the mill a bit (with a number of minor spine creases and one more major one).  All because it was shipped in an oversized padded envelope without any cardboard or even a "Do Not Bend"  written on it.  How did your copy fair on the overseas transport?

The solution to my predicament is to send the items back to PPP along with the shipping materials that I would like it sent back in.  Ideally, I want the map shipped in a tube and the module in an envelope with cardboard. I was under the impression that this was how they were going to be shipped in the first place.  To buy these materials and pay to ship them to PPP so they can ship them back to me is probably going to run me about $25.  I'm glad they will cover the postage back to me but to be honest, I really don't want to fork over another $25 on this so I sit here with what I have and bask in the glory of knowing I helped out old school gaming.

Don't mind me though, I'm a bit pissy since someone spray painted the side of my truck last night and I'm a bit bitter today.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:22 pm 

I received my copy yesterday.

It was my prize for playing in "Bottle City" at Gen Con last year, so it's numbered "COMP." (Just thought I should note that now, so nobody's confused at my estate sale in 50 years.)

WWW ICQ  

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:51 pm 

Contrarian wrote:I received my copy yesterday.

It was my prize for playing in "Bottle City" at Gen Con last year, so it's numbered "COMP." (Just thought I should note that now, so nobody's confused at my estate sale in 50 years.)

lol..............

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:37 pm 

Comp. SE or LE?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:48 pm 

IIRC the comps were standard edition, Ian, not limiteds.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:33 pm 

Maybe now it is safe to buy a Bottle City for myself?

I did not order one when they were first offered...lack of cash. Then, all of this.....

I have been monitoring this strand with some interest and a bit of sadness.  I hoped better for PPP, and now I hope they can recover.

This strand is a nice example of "honesty is always the best policy."  As I learned recently at my own job, when you are overmatched the best thing to do is admit it and ask for assistance.  

(The administration socked me with a huge case load...I tried to be a tough guy, right up until something important cracked...and I learned to admit when I cannot do it all by myself.  I think at least a part of the cracking noise I heard was my ego.)

Anyway...hope things get on track at PPP.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:06 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Comp. SE or LE?

More hillarity.................
BTW I think your nose looks funny.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:34 pm 

PPP's redesigned web site seems to be up.  

http://pied-piper-publishing.com/

The 'Announcements' page is definitely an interesting read.

Good luck guys!  :D

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

PreviousNext