RJK's Bottle City updates
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 43 of 48123 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 464748
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:15 am 

Mars wrote:Does your contract exclude you from selling Temple of the Frog covers to those people who bought the pdf?

It did, but when they told me they weren't going to use it, they said all rights to it's use reverted back to me.
It's funny you should ask because I was going to have my PDF printed with my cover through Lulu this weekend.
If you or anyone else is interested I could sell the high-res image for $1 through Paypal. I'll set up something this weekend and then post that I'm ready for interested parties to PM me.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:51 pm 

Jaybird216 wrote:

This topic comes up a lot on the Freelancers' forum over at RPG.net, but the notion usually ends in stalemate after a few pages of discussion on it. As it is over there, an occassional thread will pop up praising an artist or publisher, but it's generally considered poor form to bad-mouth anybody. Though there was a recent thread which was very thinly-guised bashing of one publisher's legendary screwing-over of freelancers (I never worked with them, and the horror stories make me thankful for that).

If I had the programming know-how I'd just do it and let people register as they so chose. I know as a publisher I'd operate through it, and it would be a great place for people to get hooked up with jobs and freelancers. But alas it is beyond my programming ability.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:27 am 

OK.  Am I the only one still waiting for Bottle City?

The one-year anniversary of my order's coming up soon. :evil:

Shanghai fun & friends!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:59 am 

stumbling tiger wrote:OK.  Am I the only one still waiting for Bottle City?

If you don't hurry up and get it, you are going to miss the absolute return deadline!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:37 am 

No, you are not the only one waiting. I think today is the 1 year anniversary of my clearly foolish pre-order. I guess it could be worse...I could be out 150$ for a map, right?

Hmm, no, I don't have a gambling problem, I'm winning, and winning is not a problem. That's like saying Michael Jordan has a basketball problem, or Def Leppard has an awesomeness problem. So why don't y'all pour some sugar on that?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:30 am 

Rob's back from vacation, and you can follow the procedure outlined at http://piedpiperpublishing.yuku.com/topic/2464 if you haven't rec'd your BC copy yet, or other books (as long as Rob still has copies, if not, you'll be issued a refund like others have reported so far).  FWIW, I haven't rec'd my std edns of BC yet either.  

Some details from the post:

Othlinden aka Eric Shook wrote:If anyone with an outstanding or damaged order for Bottle City hasn't sent an email to the PPP board inbox of the above "bottlecity" login ID, please do so now.

I will be resolving as many outstanding issues as possible in the first week of April.

Although it is called "bottlecity," that login ID's email address can also be used for any other damaged or unshipped products, as well as any other
concerns you would like brought to my attention.

I'll be talking to Rob this weekend; we've missed each other this week (as well as ENS and I) due to me being sick, and to Rob's travel.  I'm hoping Rob will be posting a substantial update soon.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:13 pm 

grodog wrote:Rob's back from vacation, and you can follow the procedure outlined at http://piedpiperpublishing.yuku.com/topic/2464 if you haven't rec'd your BC copy yet, or other books (as long as Rob still has copies, if not, you'll be issued a refund like others have reported so far).  FWIW, I haven't rec'd my std edns of BC yet either.  

Thanks, grodog.   I posted my complaint to PPP's "catch-all for bottle city issues" board 10 days ago.  Othlinden replied that he thought he remembered sending me something, but so far no module.

Cattledog, sorry to hear it.  At least we're in the same boat!

Shanghai fun & friends!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:13 pm 

I haven't received a response from Rob in months.
Haven't received my BC LE either, and I can't follow the procedure on PPP 'cos I'm not a member and can't post.

Does anyone know if Rob is still dealing with PPP?
Has he handed to company over to someone else?
Are they filling BC orders?
There seems to be no PPP company anymore at the end of any of the e-mail or website channels.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:26 pm 

Ian, your books should be shipping this coming week:  he specifically mentioned shipping your books along with the GenCon event winner copies in his last email to me.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:22 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I haven't received a response from Rob in months.
Haven't received my BC LE either, and I can't follow the procedure on PPP 'cos I'm not a member and can't post.

You may want to double check that the packaging will include enough cardboard to keep everything safe or to have the map sent seperately in a tube if you don't want it folded.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:49 am 

They may have all been pre-folded, too, Mark; I'm not at all sure about that, but it's a possibility.  I'll ask when I talk to Rob today (tried last night, but he was on the phone with someone else at the time).

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:13 pm 

Just wondering...

Has anybody ordered M4: The Eight Kings, or pre-ordered El Raja Key's Arcane Treasury and/or Daemonic & Arcane?

Frank

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:52 pm 

Silly me, I pre-ordered the El Raja Key's Arcane Treasury / Daemonic & Arcane Deluxe Set back in June of 2007.  Needless to say, I am not feeling optimistic about receiving anything anytime soon.

ICQ YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:17 pm 

yaya wrote:Silly me, I pre-ordered the El Raja Key's Arcane Treasury / Daemonic & Arcane Deluxe Set back in June of 2007.  Needless to say, I am not feeling optimistic about receiving anything anytime soon.

If ever............
Best of luck.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:23 pm 

ExTSR wrote:Has anybody ordered M4: The Eight Kings,

Eight Kings has been available for a while now.  I think it was actually released from Diff Worlds and not PPP.  I think I ordered my copy from Noble Knight so it is readily available.  Noble Knight has both a limited edition signed and regular version ($1 more for the signature).

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:52 pm 

El Raja Key? Oh, lord, don't tell me ... if you say it slowly, it sounds like "R ... J ... K."

And wasn't Eight Kings part of that jaw-dropping public spat over on the Necro Games site?

Argh, never mind; I shouldn't get sucked back into this. It's worse than a freeway rollover, though: I can't seem to look away!   8O

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:54 pm 

ExTSR wrote:Just wondering...

Has anybody ordered M4: The Eight Kings, or pre-ordered El Raja Key's Arcane Treasury and/or Daemonic & Arcane?

Frank

We bought a several copies each of El Raja Key's Arcane Treasury(2 deluxe and 1 LE) and Daemonic & Arcane(5 copies). Still waiting. :(

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:12 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:El Raja Key? Oh, lord, don't tell me ... if you say it slowly, it sounds like "R ... J ... K."

And wasn't Eight Kings part of that jaw-dropping public spat over on the Necro Games site?

Argh, never mind; I shouldn't get sucked back into this. It's worse than a freeway rollover, though: I can't seem to look away!   8O

Eight Kings was released with the other three originally back in the (80's?), the d20 version was the one that Necromancer Games didn't produce, but it has been out for some time now, don't know of any other release.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 43 of 48123 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 464748