RJK's Bottle City updates
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 38 of 48123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 464748
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:30 am 

enshook wrote:Resolving Damaged Limited Editions - ENShook (Othlinden)

http://piedpiperpublishing.yuku.com/top ... /master/1/

In coordination with Mr. Kuntz, I have made arrangements to make whole those LE BC serials damaged by sinister or merely errant mail carriers.

Sinister indeed...........
What a VERY Interesting choice of wording.......

Of course sending the product in a too flimsy envelope with no cardboard backing inserted to begin with had nothing to do with the condition problems...........
It was the EVIL postal employee!!

No thanks, I will keep the two LE's I just got in the mail (Or perhaps sell or trade one and keep the other).
I was one of the very lucky ones though. Mine arrive with thankfully very minimal damage (If the folded large maps are not considered damaged that is). But even if they had been damaged, would I want to spend even more money and waste even more time, waiting in anxiety for the next several months (AGAIN) for the inevitable long round of vague promises, unending excuses, and long delayed deliveries?

I think I will pass.

Please re-read the posts on the previous page (or 34 pages) TOO many folks have yet to receive the FIRST delivery of the LE. Damaged or whole.

STILL........ At least PPP says they will make it good instead of simply ignoring all the voices, well at least for those willing to shell out more money and are willing to wait yet again for who knows how long (Rob is gone for at least two weeks on vaycay). A light at the end of the dark tunnel perhaps?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:51 am 

Rob and PPP should do the right thing.  

REFUND THE MONEY THAT YOU RIPPED OFF OF EVERYBODY!!

Sending $150.00 item in a loose mailer is crap.

The LE is Crap!

PPP is crap!

Enough said :evil:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:07 pm 

Pretty Poor Postage...........

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:32 pm 

"The packaging PPP uses to return the item will be the exact same packaging originally used. However, if directed to do so, we will use packaging you send to us ."

Unbelievable. After all the lies, the never-ending excuses, the endless delays, and the all-around bullshit, no one associated with PPP seems even vaguely aware of the concepts of "customer service" or even "good publicity."

Guys, stating the perfectly obvious: your customers shouldn't ever have to provide anything; they've already provided you with their money. And the attempt to shift blame to the postal service is just pathetic: they're not the ones who threw the product into a flimsy envelope without adding even one cursory piece of cardboard for backing. So what exactly is going to change this time around with this childish insistence on using the "exact same" packaging?

Also, has anyone at PPP been into a post office or talked to a postal employee since 1999 or so? If so, did they miss the part where all Priority Mail supplies are not only free but that the postal service will happily deliver them right to your door, also for free. For instance, with about 13 seconds of research, I was able to find these nice tubes:

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... &langId=-1

Hey, look at that! Free supplies delivered right to your door!

We were asked a few pages ago by Allan Grohe (who, again, is the only reason this thread isn't 100 pages long and filled with threats of lawsuits; we all know there's at least one person associated with this project who recognizes there are big problems to solve) about some of the things that RJK/PPP could do to help "make things right." Here's a perfect opportunity staring you all in the face ... and the answer is not to blame the post office or to make your customers jump through hoops. This is the answer:

1. Order free Priority Mail tubes ... the post office will deliver them right to RJK's door (provided they can make it through the six feet of snow, of course);

2. Any customer who returns any Bottled City item with any damage gets a replacement item. And he gets it mailed to him in one of those nice, sturdy tubes. And PPP, of course, pays for the shipping.

3. After that, everyone even tangentially associated with RJK needs to decide two things. First: are they going to continue to enable his behavior? Second: are they capable of understanding even the most basic outline of what it means to provide even a minimal level of customer service?

That might be a nice start on repairing some of the damage from this unbelievable fiasco. You might want to pass these ideas by RJK ... when he gets back from vacation, of course.  :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:45 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:"The packaging PPP uses to return the item will be the exact same packaging originally used. However, if directed to do so, we will use packaging you send to us ."

Unbelievable. After all the lies, the never-ending excuses, the endless delays, and the all-around bullshit, no one associated with PPP seems even vaguely aware of the concepts of "customer service" or even "good publicity."

Guys, stating the perfectly obvious: your customers shouldn't ever have to provide anything; they've already provided you with their money. And the attempt to shift blame to the postal service is just pathetic: they're not the ones who threw the product into a flimsy envelope without adding even one cursory piece of cardboard for backing. So what exactly is going to change this time around with this childish insistence on using the "exact same" packaging?

Also, has anyone at PPP been into a post office or talked to a postal employee since 1999 or so? If so, did they miss the part where all Priority Mail supplies are not only free but that the postal service will happily deliver them right to your door, also for free. For instance, with about 13 seconds of research, I was able to find these nice tubes:

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... &langId=-1

Hey, look at that! Free supplies delivered right to your door!

We were asked a few pages ago by Allan Grohe (who, again, is the only reason this thread isn't 100 pages long and filled with threats of lawsuits; we all know there's at least one person associated with this project who recognizes there are big problems to solve) about some of the things that RJK/PPP could do to help "make things right." Here's a perfect opportunity staring you all in the face ... and the answer is not to blame the post office or to make your customers jump through hoops. This is the answer:

1. Order free Priority Mail tubes ... the post office will deliver them right to RJK's door (provided they can make it through the six feet of snow, of course);

2. Any customer who returns any Bottled City item with any damage gets a replacement item. And he gets it mailed to him in one of those nice, sturdy tubes. And PPP, of course, pays for the shipping.

3. After that, everyone even tangentially associated with RJK needs to decide two things. First: are they going to continue to enable his behavior? Second: are they capable of understanding even the most basic outline of what it means to provide even a minimal level of customer service?

That might be a nice start on repairing some of the damage from this unbelievable fiasco. You might want to pass these ideas by RJK ... when he gets back from vacation, of course.  :roll:

Not gonna happen.

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:06 pm 

I finally read that whole post ... I stopped the first time at "exact same packaging" because I threw up in my mouth.

So, seriously, what the f**k does this mean, PPP?

"Due to a technical difficulty beyond our control, PPP MUST receive replacement requests containing the products to be replaced BY April 25th. Any product arriving after this date will be refused, regardless of the post mark date."

Technical difficulty? Really? Of what nature? And don't you think your customers — remember them? the same people who funded this little vanity project and, in some cases, are still waiting to receive an actual product — deserve a more complete explanation?

Man, if I was a more cynical person, I might almost believe that "technical difficulty" really means "we picked April 25 as the date we're not going to deal with these pesky complaints any more."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:39 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Man, if I was a more cynical person, I might almost believe that "technical difficulty" really means "we picked April 25 as the date we're not going to deal with these pesky complaints any more."

My guess as to the reason is: "We're sending the order to the printer's on the 26th."

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:07 pm 

g026r wrote:"We're sending the order to the printer's on the 26th."

So you've got just over seven months to return it, what are you guys complaining about?

Ok, sorry.  I just can't resist an attempt at humor.  I'll shaddup now.  *waves from the beach* :D

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:16 pm 

And I'm sure it'll be ANOTHER seven months before the replacements go out.
This whole fiasco has to be the biggest CS blunder I've ever seen. If Allan wasn't helping out with this, it would be even worse. My condolences to the buyers.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:29 pm 

I'm glad I was too damn poor to get involved with this fiasco.  Taking care of the customers is positive to the bottom line.  Sending an item that cost $150 out in a flimsy packaging shows no attention to the customer.  PPP is getting what it deserves.  I will never buy from again.  

Had my own problem with Cairn of the Skeleton King.  It them over 3 months to ship.  And that came only after Alan got involved.

Martin

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:35 pm 

Wow, just wow.

It wasn't just a couple of pages ago that I was thinking that it seemed like PPP had maybe finally pulled itself together and was trying to preach some new patience to posters on this forum (Hi X!)

This is just amazing. Beyond amazing.

Seriously, if anyone who has any influence at PPP reads this, you guys have got to grab onto the fact you guys are completely destroying any last shred of credibility you had.

You are taking what could have been a MAJOR step forward in repairing the incredible damage you've done and turned it into a further widening of the rift. Finally getting stuff shipped out, GREAT, shipping them in sub-par conditions for a high value item, NOT SO GREAT. Returns are an AWESOME thing, but placing the onus on the postal service and your investors (they are not customers, they funded everything for this project) is AWESOMELY BAD.

Take some responsibility for this situation, please.

This is like watching a new greek tragedy being made before my very eyes.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:36 pm 

Busman wrote:(Hi X!)

Yo!  :wink:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:21 pm 

I'm sure the RJK fanboys will be whining again over on the PPP board about how everyone still doesn't understand that Kuntz is ill, and there have been extenuating circumstances, and wouldn't it be nice if everyone could just be as patient as they are, and what rude people all of these dissatisfied customers are, and blah blah.  :roll:

This whole fiasco is nothing more than rank incompetence and gross negligence. I paid 4.00 per copy that I ordered for postage, but the mailer I received had only $2.49 marked on it. Couldn't the other $1.51 have gone towards a card board insert? Couldn't the mailers at least have been marked DO NOT BEND? How much does a black marker cost? Would it have really cut into the profit margin that much to simply put a cardboard insert into the freaking package?

Note that those who ordered Standard Edition copies are out in the cold, as ENShook posted that only damaged LE copies will be replaced. I realize that the LE copies were a lot more expensive, but its utter crap that folks who received damaged Standard Editions are out in the cold when PPP didn't bother to package their orders well in the first place.

Kuntz had a potential gold mine on his hands with these Original Castle Greyhawk levels, but he's (at best) completely dropped the ball.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:05 pm 

Please put suggestions at the top of your posts.

I do not represent PPP except in so far as I'm pushing solutions as best as I can to resolve this particular issue given the circumstances and with resources I have at my personal disposal.

Last night's post should have included the idea of adding cardboard to the packages. I was trying to be specific and unthinkingly left that previously noted idea out. I'll make sure to do that.

The process I outlined is the quickest solution I can come up with given the circumstances. I will track who pays for their send-in postage and see if I can work toward some form of compensation for that. But right now I can't personally pay for that as someone just helping out.

Anyone who went to Gary's funeral can clearly attest to Rob's obvious appearance, and some have done so elsewhere. I have suggested he move to a different climate. Call his first visit there a vacation, but it's technically productive. Hopefully he does move.

I'm certain if the future, any PPP product will be handled in a different manner.

In the meantime, I'm only able to do what I can to get things moving in the right direction.

Thanks for your patience and grace enduring these inconveniences. I greatly appreciate your positions, but can't address all of them myself. Though, with my help, I believe all of them will be addressed eventually, however confusing all the pieces seem to me right now.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:05 pm 

enshook wrote:Please put suggestions at the top of your posts.

I do not represent PPP except in so far as I'm pushing solutions as best as I can to resolve this particular issue given the circumstances and with resources I have at my personal disposal.

Resolving Damaged Limited Editions - ENShook (Othlinden) Lead [-]  
(03/23/08 21:49:23)
In coordination with Mr. Kuntz, I have made arrangements to make whole those LE BC serials damaged by sinister or merely errant mail carriers.

Suggestions have been made here at length. Over several months time.
And as for responsibility; You cannot have it both ways kid.... Pick a level of responsibility and stick to it.

We already know Rob's answer to his fans. Through others of course, since he could not be bothered to tell us himself.  Vaycay time............

Patience you ask for? That was worn away long ago. None left kid.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:06 pm 

improvstone wrote:Thanks for the update Eric.

What is the likely turn around time on this? Given that the LE BC was meant to be a limited print run are you expecting to have to print more of the maps? Or was the print run larger, as I would expect, than 53?

As of the first of the month I will be looking for returns and seeing them off every 7-10 days up until the end of April, minus my birthday on the 25th. I'm getting to be an old flocker.

As anyone would expect, you are right, the print run was larger, but only 53 were sold, so I'm pretty sure there are enough parts to replace a pool of damaged maps and modules.

While I understand that covering the damages is important, I'm trying to arrange it in a way that it gets down NOW. As well, it occurred to me that the condition of products makes their value go up or down, and in all honesty, that's dependent upon how collectors, themselves, handle product or arrange for its safekeeping. Thus, the most likely and immediate damage product naturally receives in the first days of its handling, before it is put away in storage, could well be partially erased by our packaging screw up. I know that sounds lame, but it really is a thing trying to make sure that this doesn't affect the valuation of perfectly received copies.

If someone scratched their product when laying it on the coffee table or rendered a corner crunched when dodging their dog, this would be natural wear and tear in comparison to other collectors.

Also I don't have immediately available funds to personally offer folks to get the items turned in and as noted above, I didn't want to trade out all modules that have a little natural wear that occurred by after the mailing handling inside the collector's abode. Thus, I balanced these concerns by asking that the send-in price of postage would help people judge whether the damage was important to them. Perhaps I'm being silly, but as well, it is important to preserve the number of circulating serialized copies, and this trade in method solves that as well.

I believe, or hope, that I have previously stated that PPP will be moved by me to additionally compensate for this send-in postage and packaging, but I just can't personally guarantee that. I think that what's now happening, in part, is that due to my attempts to better the situation I'm merely exacerbating it to some degree.

I do know that through allying forces PPP and ROB are being helped and aided as is necessary and that in the end much of this will be solved. In other words, this isn't a degrading situation, but instead a mounting solution. Just not as expedient as possible due to withstanding other issues as have been somewhat mentioned.

That all said, I have mentioned the following on the PPP board. I will be posting over there in order to try and still fix problems, but as well, to decrease the amount that I'm stirring things up over here. I think that's fair, given my diminished time I have to spend on this in the next 2 weeks.

Again, PPP is not my employer and I am not being compensated in any way. Thus, while I'm addressing things on this issue and lending information as I know it, I am NOT representative of the extent to which PPP will further act.

Thanks!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:09 pm 

I just got four new modules from XRP that were packed in a cardboard box and the box also had air cushion protection inside besides the box itself, all of the boxes openings were taped as well......

The Mail stamp shows $2.47...........

Go figure:  For some reason there are NO CREASES on any of the modules. :roll:
And the mail delivery person did not fold it into my mail box.
She brought it all the way to my door.
And I did not send them (XRP) any boxes or air cushions either. :roll:

Obviously I MUST have just been exceedingly lucky.
There could not possibly be any sort of customer care or customer appreciation involved in that sorta deal. :lol:

BTW: I ordered them last week............ took all of five days to get here.

My thanks and money did, does, and shall continue to float into their general direction.
They have won my continued patronage............ In addition to future money of course. 8)

HUGE thanks to XRP..............
For professionalism and a higher level of customer care that cannot be denied.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:37 pm 

enshook wrote:While I understand that covering the damages is important, I'm trying to arrange it in a way that it gets down NOW. As well, it occurred to me that the condition of products makes their value go up or down, and in all honesty, that's dependent upon how collectors, themselves, handle product or arrange for its safekeeping. Thus, the most likely and immediate damage product naturally receives in the first days of its handling, before it is put away in storage, could well be partially erased by our packaging screw up. I know that sounds lame, but it really is a thing trying to make sure that this doesn't affect the valuation of perfectly received copies.

If someone scratched their product when laying it on the coffee table or rendered a corner crunched when dodging their dog, this would be natural wear and tear in comparison to other collectors.

Are you freaking kidding here?

Bottle City shipped out with no card board inserts, no DO NOT BEND stamped or written on the mailer, in a flimsy USPS mailer, for less postage than was paid for, and you're blaming the customer for the fact that goods were received damaged?  :roll:

I mean, RJK is reduced to insinuating that the customers damaged their own goods upon receipt, rather than take responsibility for craptastic packaging on the shipper's end of things? Scratched when the module was set down on the coffee table? Corners crunched while dodging the dog? I mean, what? How freaking stupid can the excuses and dodging possibly get?  :roll:

Rather than an acknowledgement that PPP screwed the pooch with its cheap mailer, it boils down to, "Well, maybe you guys damaged your product when you were dodging your dog."  :roll:

I thought the debacle of waiting 6 months for the product with little communication from Kuntz and unmet promise after promise was bad, but this situation has gone completely off the rails.

We're deep into Spock with a Beard territory here.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 38 of 48123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 464748