RJK's Bottle City updates
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 36 of 48123 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 464748
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:08 am 

grodog wrote:FYI for folks:  http://piedpiperpublishing.yuku.com/topic/2456

(My std edn copy(ies?) didn't arrive today either.  Drats!).

Yup, still 'No soup for you, tacojohn!'.   :(

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:31 am 

Joy!!!  I received my order today and despite being sent with minimal protection, both copies arrived in perfect condition.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:13 am 

Don't suppose there are any left for sale, are there? I'm starting to think of this as the 'Infamous' Bottle City - and here's me without a copy.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:36 am 

megnelwil wrote:Don't suppose there are any left for sale, are there? I'm starting to think of this as the 'Infamous' Bottle City - and here's me without a copy.

I have not seen any for sale since NKG sold its last copy. Which they somehow got several weeks before most anyone else did.

But I am sure that some will go on the E-bay soon enough and the Standard Edition Copies should not sell for much over the original price of $20.

A few days ago, I posted a Classified add here on the Forum for one of my Two Limited Edition copies and was offered $50 for it (The lowest offer of four so far). That is ONE THIRD what I paid for it. Not to mention having to wait 9 months for it to get here, I think I will hang onto it for a while longer rather than accept that offer. Two other offers were far more reasonable and I am still considering those. One was a trade and the other was for cash.

All that said, I am sure a few other folks may be willing to let go of a Limited Edition copy and many more might sell a Standard Edition in the coming months. Keep looking.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:46 am 

megnelwil wrote:Don't suppose there are any left for sale, are there? I'm starting to think of this as the 'Infamous' Bottle City - and here's me without a copy.

There are definitely copies of the standard edition (with the two-piece map) remaining. The limited edition - no.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:10 pm 

My LE arrived today.  :)
Packaging totally intact and not folded in post  :)
My copy of the module itself though has half a dozen spine creases where everything else is near mint  8O

Very pleased to have it really though, I've already got a SE, which is great, and yes... its a whole lot more money, but I went into this with my eyes wide open and still look forward to seeing more PPP stuff in the future .... including Arcane Treasury (which I also prepaid last summer!), not holding my breath on that one, just hopeful to see a little more of this stuff appear.

As someone who knows very little of where to start buying new, is there anybody else out there currently doing 1E AD&D style work worth a look?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:25 pm 

jonjhargreaves wrote:My LE arrived today.  :)
Packaging totally intact and not folded in post  :)
My copy of the module itself though has half a dozen spine creases where everything else is near mint  8O

Very pleased to have it really though, I've already got a SE, which is great, and yes... its a whole lot more money, but I went into this with my eyes wide open and still look forward to seeing more PPP stuff in the future .... including Arcane Treasury (which I also prepaid last summer!), not holding my breath on that one, just hopeful to see a little more of this stuff appear.

As someone who knows very little of where to start buying new, is there anybody else out there currently doing 1E AD&D style work worth a look?

Troll Lord Games (Castles and Crusades)
http://www.trolllord.com/newsite/
Adventure Games Publishing
http://www.adventuregamespubs.com./

Just to name two I know of. I had more sites and companies to list once upon a time, but a month back my hard drive fried and I lost everything I had.

Gary Gygax's Castle Zagyg game materials are being offered through them. EGG and they (Troll Lord Games) had a long running business relationship and Castle Zagyg is actually Castle Greyhawk in disquise.

Speaking of which. Go take a look at Lejendary Adventure Games.
EGG's post TSR/WOTC  RPG line.

http://www.lejendary.com/la/template.php?page=home&style=blaze

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:37 pm 

www.dragonsfoot.org also publishes things from time to time and is a great 1e site in general.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:52 pm 

Got it today.  The packaging was in a cardboard envelope, which was fine.  Only a sadistic postman would attempt to bend it in half folded into a postbox.  My postman is awesome, ringing my doorbell to hand deliver it while also knowing it had my old address on it (it was a while ago we ordered this thing, right?).  

I think the PPP pre-order model is dead. I'd still be interested in ordering future material though, after it's already been published.  Just my two coppers...

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:58 pm 

mandalaymoon wrote:Got it today.  The packaging was in a cardboard envelope, which was fine.  Only a sadistic postman would attempt to bend it in half folded into a postbox.  My postman is awesome, ringing my doorbell to hand deliver it while also knowing it had my old address on it (it was a while ago we ordered this thing, right?).  

I think the PPP pre-order model is dead. I'd still be interested in ordering future material though, after it's already been published.  Just my two coppers...

If you got yours in a carboard envelope, then you got something none of us others did.
Mine were delivered inside a large envelope with NO cardboard.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:59 pm 

Aneoth wrote:Troll Lord Games (Castles and Crusades)
http://www.trolllord.com/newsite/
Adventure Games Publishing
http://www.adventuregamespubs.com./

Just to name two I know of. I had more sites and companies to list once upon a time, but a month back my hard drive fried and I lost everything I had.

Expeditious Retreat Press - see their "Advanced Adventures" line.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:03 pm 

Goodman Games has put out some Castles & Crusades and 1e modules.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:06 pm 

Aneoth wrote:
If you got yours in a carboard envelope, then you got something none of us others did.
Mine were delivered inside a large envelope with NO cardboard.

My came this way as well.  A decent Bubble mailer, but with no backing what so ever.  Thankfully, my regular mailman is awesome and never tries to bend stuff to fit into my mailbox, but never the less my map was still a little rough around the edges and the module booklet itself has a few light spine creases, all of which could have been easily avoided at almost no extra cost....

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:17 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
My came this way as well.  A decent Bubble mailer, but with no backing what so ever.  Thankfully, my regular mailman is awesome and never tries to bend stuff to fit into my mailbox, but never the less my map was still a little rough around the edges and the module booklet itself has a few light spine creases, all of which could have been easily avoided at almost no extra cost....

Mine were in a lightly padded envelope (Not bubble though), otherwise Same here. Both of my LE modules have slight spine creases, which would not have happened at all, with just a little care. I can only imagine what they would look if my mail person had not parked her truck and walked up to my door instead of stuffing that flimsy envelope inside the mailbox at the curb.

I would no doubt be totaly amd completely pissed off and would be constantly flamming Rob and company far more than is healthy for any of us.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:24 pm 

jonjhargreaves wrote:As someone who knows very little of where to start buying new, is there anybody else out there currently doing 1E AD&D style work worth a look?

Have a look at
Goblinoid Games.

They offer free PDF downloads and Paid Print-on-Demand.

Jason Braun
Art Monkey for Hire
http://www.jasonbraun.com

WWW YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:56 pm 

Thanks for the pointers,
Jon

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:56 am 

Jaybird216 wrote:
Have a look at
Goblinoid Games.

Cool!  I downloaded the free Labyrinth Lord pdf.  I'd like to support them by buying the hardbound book and other items. Here's the problem I have with most OSRIC small publishers though ...you need to purchase these through Lulu.  I've heard mixed messages about Lulu service.  For every person I've heard tell a positive experience, I've also heard someone say their order took way too long (months), their order never arrived at all, or customer service is hard to reach to correct problems.  Maybe I should give it a shot but limit my exposure to one simple book and see what happens?  Does anyone on Acaeum have any experience with ordering stuff from Lulu?

Cheers!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:15 am 

Hi,

mine arrived in the UK yesterday.

Good padded envelope, but no cardboard support.

Map is numbered in green ink on the back.

Bad thing was I was pretty sure I applied for it in MY name - altho I admittedly paid for it using the Missus Paypal account.  :D
So its HER name, not mine, inside :(

Cheers,
Malc

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 36 of 48123 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 464748