RJK's Bottle City updates
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 35 of 48123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 464748
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:21 am 

zazel wrote:

blow it off. anyone who doesn't agree with one of these clowns is a troll. who cares.

Hey there David aka Radovarl aka Go-Captain Suzdal aka 3rdmilleniumgames, is this your third ID you got going now?  You are a joke...

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:22 am 

mandalaymoon wrote:Alright, is there anyone else here besides me that hasn't received Bottle City yet?  Now I'm feeling really left out...   :scratch:

I still havent received mine yet.  Course when I picked up CotSK and ToB off of Ebay I experienced pretty much the same problem.  Either the modules got lost in the mail or they were never shipped.  I sent an email to deogolf and within a couple of weeks they had arrived.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:23 am 

zazel wrote:

blow it off. anyone who doesn't agree with one of these clowns is a troll. who cares.

Which fucktard are you?  :scratch:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:05 am 

someone999 wrote:Would you be ranting like a spoiled child deprived of a third lollipop if it were Gary Gygax who failed to mail your precious module in a timely fashion... I think not.

From Strategic Review #3's lead editorial:

'...the good Mr. Hendrick "reviewed" CHAINMAIL in a highly uncomplimentary manner. I ignored what was written, for surely most hobbyists could be assumed to be able to read this "review" for what it was worth and in light of Mr. Hendrick's talents otherwise. As an example of the comments he made regarding CHAINMAIL, the most amusing was his assertion that heavy cavalry was rated too high, imagine! In a period where the armored horseman dominated the field of battle, heavy horse are too strong! Anyway, the learned Mr. Hendrick subsequently "reviewed" DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, again in a very uncomplimentary manner -- after all he had gone so far as to play a game of D&D as a Cleric, completely armed with such edged weapons as spear and arrows . . . Again, this so called "review" was so obviously inaccurate and biased that I ignored it completely, although numbers of letters and telephone calls from irate D&D fans who had read the comments and wished to let me know that the "review" outraged them assured me that Mr. Hendrick would not escape totally unscathed. Eventually the magazine which retains Mr. Hendrick as a "reviewer" did print a contrary opinion -- how could they ignore a counter-article written by Mr. James Oden, President of Heritage Models, Inc.? This brings me to the point of the editorial. The axe that Mr. Hendrick has been grinding so loudly and long has been exposed.

Gary Gygax'

So as you can see, the Acaeum's characteristic rants are part of a longstanding tradition, that of irritable constipated old men perhaps, but one nevertheless. In fact, Rob's current role is one of family tradition:

From Strategic Review #4's lead editorial:

'TERRY KUNTZ, currently hard at work on the final draft of the "Robin Hood" rules (which some readers viewed at GenCon), has assumed the position of Service Manager.. so get mad at him from now on.' [emphasis added]

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:50 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Hey there David aka Radovarl aka Go-Captain Suzdal aka 3rdmilleniumgames, is this your third ID you got going now?  You are a joke...

Who is this jack-off?  I've heard the name Radovarl before, but not the others.

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:51 am 

mandalaymoon wrote:Alright, is there anyone else here besides me that hasn't received Bottle City yet?  Now I'm feeling really left out...   :scratch:

Still waiting myself, but I am in UK...
very worried about packaging though...

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:21 am 

I think if you haven't received the module then post here, if you have and want to comment on it's contents then open another thread.  But since PPP isn't releasing anything new and all the problems have been documented in this thread, we should move on.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:08 am 

I am also still waiting on mine. I've already contacted PPP...so I don't really even know what to do at the moment.

Hmm, no, I don't have a gambling problem, I'm winning, and winning is not a problem. That's like saying Michael Jordan has a basketball problem, or Def Leppard has an awesomeness problem. So why don't y'all pour some sugar on that?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:32 am 

I haven't received my order yet, but I'm in Quebec so things often take longer to arrive.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:18 am 

I haven't rec'd my standard edition(s?) yet, mandalaymoon, just my limited editions (which I picked up at Gary's funeral).

Plaag wrote:But since PPP isn't releasing anything new and all the problems have been documented in this thread, we should move on.

I'm not at all sure that's the case, Shane.  I haven't spoken with Rob since last weekend, though, so I'll see if I can catch up this weekend, and get some sense of when then aforementioned-announcements will be announced.

In the meanwhile, if folks haven't received their packages by next weekend (for USA orders) or in two for international orders, please post here and we'll address them.  That'll allow time for whatever vagaries exist in the USPS to work themselves out, I imagine.

Thanks!

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:18 am 

Still waiting . . .  :roll:

Shanghai fun & friends!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:24 pm 

Grodog, I'm still waiting on my 2 copies of the Standard Edition, too.

Jon

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:28 am 

tacojohn4547 wrote:Grodog, I'm still waiting on my 2 copies of the Standard Edition, too.

What do you want to bet that they arrive the same day, Jon? ;)

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:33 am 

Received my items today.

Now to have to have a nice long read.. :D

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:55 am 

Arrived today!

:D

Mondiversi, It's a different world!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:26 pm 

FYI for folks:  http://piedpiperpublishing.yuku.com/topic/2456

(My std edn copy(ies?) didn't arrive today either.  Drats!).

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:27 pm 

Nothing yet...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:58 pm 

My Bottle City arrived today.  Just glad my mailman didnt try to cram it into my mailbox.  :D

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 35 of 48123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 464748