RJK's Bottle City updates
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 33 of 48123 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 464748
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:11 am 

I have personally made certain that all PPP orders * TO DATE * have been sent out. The vast majority of these are U.S. orders and should be received over the weekend. That includes orders that were received up to 3 days ago. Rob's Internet connection is down and being worked on by the AI Help Desk starting at that time. (Rob uses an old school modem, as DCAS may attest to! However, I have  finally convinced him to switch over to broadband.... Although he's holding off until May, which will be related to his future announcements on PPP's Web site, coming up soon.)

REFUNDS:

We ran out of CAS 1, so PPP is now out of both CAS 1 and CAS 2. That's a success!

We did send out as many as were left, but about half way through was when we ran out. We processed them by the dates on which the orders were made by the customers.

Rather than hold you all up on back order until it is reprinted, which is scheduled for sometime in May, some of you will receive your orders without CAS 1. Instead, you will find we enclosed a refund for the cover price + shipping charge. We apologize for the shortage, but it was a hot module.

Those looking for CAS 1 or CAS 2, in the meantime, are encouraged to look to Noble Knight Games, which may yet still have some copies. Or, naturally,  you could begin looking to the after market for those early collectible numbers! ;) !! !! It is important, of course, to note that all future printings of CAS 1 and CAS 2 will remain entirely unserialized.

I believe, although not certain, that CAS 1's total number of serialized copies was 473. I do not know the number on CAS 2, Tower of Blood. I suspect that may have already been noted elsewhere.

I would like to thank everyone for their patience!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:18 am 

John Stark wrote:For those who don't read the Pied Piper boards, apparently ENShook (has the handle Othlinden on the PPP boards) went to RJK's home and helped him get all out-standing orders into the mail:
Bottle City Finally Ships?

Technically speaking, I stated I'd made sure that all LE's got out. As of today I can explicitly state that all orders are out.

John Stark, I take it John Stark is your board name only? I wanted to make sure that I sent any product you ordered, but I didn't find any orders in the name "John Stark." If you could please send me an email via either board with your contact information so I can make sure I've sent out your goodies, that would make me feel more comfortable. Thanks! :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:48 am 

Eric,

Thanks for clearing up the LE/SE issues and most of all for being instrumental in finally getting this thing shipped. Way to step up to the plate!

Bombadil,

I'm glad to hear that the 2-piece maps line up! That's nothing short of a miracle. Hopefully it carried through to the entire stack of 500 maps.  :thumleft:

Jason Braun
Art Monkey for Hire
http://www.jasonbraun.com

WWW YIM  

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:46 pm 

Well, I got mine today too.  But, since it was shipped in a soft envelope the postal delivery person STUFFED it in my mail box.  Now, my nice big map is nice and wrinkled.  I can't believe they didn't use a non-bendable shipping container! Or at least reinforce the stuff so it would not get bent.  Really, after all of this time this is really the last straw.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:56 pm 

JoeDavis wrote:Well, I got mine today too.  But, since it was shipped in a soft envelope the postal delivery person STUFFED it in my mail box.  Now, my nice big map is nice and wrinkled.  I can't believe they didn't use a non-bendable shipping container! Or at least reinforce the stuff so it would not get bent.  Really, after all of this time this is really the last straw.

I saved mine before the mailman tried to stuff it into the box but it was still folded over and obviously bent in various ways during transit.  The module itself has about 8 or so spine creases now (some bigger than others) and the $100 map is pretty crinkled.  The map wasn't bagged and there was no cardboard in the envelope.

I don't even ship $10 items like this, let alone $150.  A lot more care would have been greatly appreciated.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:43 pm 

Surprise, surprise............

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:49 pm 

I can appreciate that they finally got shipped out but really I would have waited an extra month for someone to cut out cardboard squares out of boxes to place inside the envelope.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:50 pm 

In lieu of the module itself?

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:48 pm 

bombadil wrote:In lieu of the module itself?

If it meant a mint map, I would probably take the cardboard in lieu of the module itself  - that I picked up for $17 from NK.  Try finding an uncreased one piece map for under $150.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:55 pm 

JoeDavis wrote:Well, I got mine today too.  But, since it was shipped in a soft envelope the postal delivery person STUFFED it in my mail box.  Now, my nice big map is nice and wrinkled.  I can't believe they didn't use a non-bendable shipping container! Or at least reinforce the stuff so it would not get bent.  Really, after all of this time this is really the last straw.

I was real lucky that the mail lady actually got out of her truck and walked 37 feet all the way to my porch and left the envelope at the doorway.

Still, after 9 months and at least two statements telling us that the packages for the LE's would be harder to pack and ship than the packages for the SE's, and that being the entire reason for shipping the SE's first seems like a simple smoke screen now.

From the statements regarding the shipping differences I had visions of a box, or possibly a well packed envelope with cardboard to reinforce the map and module. No such thing. They were simply stuffed into a lightly padded envelope (NO Cardboard) and mailed off.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:00 pm 

Mars wrote:
If it meant a mint map, I would probably take the cardboard in lieu of the module itself  - that I picked up for $17 from NK.  Try finding an uncreased one piece map for under $150.

I getcha, dude.  Was just kidding.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:26 pm 

bombadil wrote:I getcha, dude.  Was just kidding.   :D

I know, I'm with ya.

I seem to recall from the preorder that I paid $10 for the international shipping - not sure if domestic was the same or not.  But the actual shipping was $4.66 and the envelope maybe $1.50?  So I still got hosed with about a $4 handling fee for the item just being stuffed in an envelope like Aneoth said.  Maybe Eric was getting paid $1 to take the item out of the box and another $1 to pack it :)

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:28 pm 

I suspect that there were VERY FEW of the LE Modules that have no spine creases and that few if any of the maps were received with no bends/creases.

I am sure that PPP's main interest was in getting the product into the customers hands as fast as possible.
And of course carefully packing them into secure packages would have taken FAR too long..................  8)

Not to mention blowing the profit margin............

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:37 pm 

Aneoth wrote:I suspect that there were VERY FEW of the LE Modules that have no spine creases and that few if any of the maps were received with no bends/creases.

I am sure that PPP's main interest was in getting the product into the customers hands as fast as possible.
And of course carefully packing them into secure packages would have taken FAR too long..................  8)

Not to mention blowing the profit margin............

Dude, you know what happened. It's all here on the board. Continuing to publicly bitch and moan about it doesn't help anyone.

I was angry for all of you guys, and PPP (Rob) handled this whole thing very poorly.

But, you're beating a dead horse at this point. If you have a real grievance, then be a man and start contacting the people who can do something about it. They all are reading this thread. You know who mailed these out. Step up and do something about it.

Should we continue to bitch for as long as it took for the modules to ship? Would that makes us any better than PPP?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:41 pm 

Busman wrote:
1)If you have a real grievance, then be a man and start contacting the people who can do something about it.2) They all are reading this thread. You know who mailed these out. Step up and do something about it.

3)Should we continue to bitch for as long as it took for the modules to ship? Would that makes us any better than PPP?

To flog the proverbial deceased equine.

1) Well documented that many tried that for a long time - result..............hmmmm!

2) See 1) above

3) Maybe not, but we're unlikely to get to that - even I'll probably be bored by the moaning in a month, but I think it's not unreasonable for people to voice their concerns, and continued irritation for a while longer yet

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:17 pm 

Busman wrote:Continuing to publicly bitch and moan about it doesn't help anyone.

Personally, I'm not going to begrudge a few final salvoes from the members here who waited months and months without hearing a single word from the legend-in-his-own-mind publisher they were supporting. Especially now that it turns out that PPP's idea of shipping is to toss an item into a bag without any support or padding. (Sidebar: seriously, guys ... not a good way to end what was already a gruesome train-wreck).

As far as your advice to "contact the people who can do something about it," I'll counter with some advice of my own: try reading the rest of this thread before you spout that kind of bullshit. What is the most common complaint you see? The complete lack of communication from RJK, that's what. Communication only works if there's someone to communicate WITH, bro ... tell that to your hero RJK the next time you see him.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:35 pm 

Aneoth wrote:I suspect that there were VERY FEW of the LE Modules that have no spine creases and that few if any of the maps were received with no bends/creases.

Once I saw it was in a padded envelope, I expected the worst. But somehow the module survived the trip without any bends/creasing.  The map had a few tiny wrinkles though.  That is a rare occurrence for me!  Heck the USPS even manages to do it with boxed items sometimes!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:41 pm 

From what I have been reading, is the big map suppose to be signed and numbered as well?

Mine isn't so but Aneoth's post suggests that his is.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 33 of 48123 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 464748