RJK's Bottle City updates
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 29 of 48123 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 464748
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:42 am 

There was a miniature city in an episode of Thundarr the Barbarian.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:31 pm 

For those who don't read the Pied Piper boards, apparently ENShook (has the handle Othlinden on the PPP boards) went to RJK's home and helped him get all out-standing orders into the mail:

ENShook wrote:Got out a large number of the remaining back log of orders... [snip]

Will complete the rest Sunday, with some of the most recent orders being processed on Thursday, making Pied Piper entirely caught up, but for the out of stock product.

Bottle City Finally Ships?

Its good that this is finally being handled, even though it doesn't excuse the fact that this only confirms that RJK was not being honest when he said weeks ago that all of the orders were in the mail at the point.

Still, its better for everyone to finally get their stuff than to not get it, so its certainly good news in that sense, and it (hopefully) puts an end to this drawn out affair once folks start getting the products they paid for.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:00 pm 

well if thats the case, then i am glad that all the remaining folk will finally receive their paid for orders.

nice one.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:55 am 

dcas wrote:You know, the AD&D trademark has actually lapsed . . . so wouldn't it be cool to create an OSRIC knockoff called Accidental Death & Dismemberment, so that products could be called "AD&D compatible"?

Since the trademark on AD&D has lapsed, then what is to prevent anyone from publishing products that boldly state right on the front cover "for use with AD&D"?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:20 am 

I think the issue is still that AD&D never had an open gaming license such as for D20 so you cannot produce 3rd party items for official use with AD&D and if it is "too close" then they can sue you.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:20 pm 

Talked to Rob and Allan yesterday while attending Mr. Gygax's funeral. Sounds like they shipped approximately 50 orders yesterday. So, hopefully, this will all be wrapped up soon.

Eulaliaaa!!!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:00 pm 

Deogolf wrote:Talked to Rob and Allan yesterday while attending Mr. Gygax's funeral. Sounds like they shipped approximately 50 orders yesterday. So, hopefully, this will all be wrapped up soon.

Wow, sounds like a something out of The Godfather.

Scene One: Aging mafiosos meet at a funeral. They spend a few moments introducing grandkids, but then turn in hushed tones to business, holding a sit-down to get some things sorted out while ethnic music plays in the background [for gamers this should probably be Rush rather than opera].

Scene Two: Cut to a delivery truck filled with copies of Bottle City being ambushed by tommy-gun wielding thugs. The music from Scene One continues to a Neil Peart-driven crescendo as the driver's body is riddled with bullets.

Scene Three: Intrepid but mild-mannered reporters for The Daily Acaeum type furiously as superimposed headlines spin in view. "There's something about all this which just doesn't add up, Muffy," one reporter says portentously to the other.  

Scene Three: A dice bag filled with anchovies is dropped on a table. "It's an old gamer gesture," says the crusty & wizened DM. "It means that Bottle City sleeps with the Kuo-Toa."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:14 pm 

sauromatian wrote:
Wow, sounds like a something out of The Godfather.

Scene One: Aging mafiosos meet at a funeral. They spend a few moments introducing grandkids, but then turn in hushed tones to business, holding a sit-down to get some things sorted out while ethnic music plays in the background [for gamers this should probably be Rush rather than opera].

Scene Two: Cut to a delivery truck filled with copies of Bottle City being ambushed by tommy-gun wielding thugs. The music from Scene One continues to a Neil Peart-driven crescendo as the driver's body is riddled with bullets.

Scene Three: Intrepid but mild-mannered reporters for The Daily Acaeum type furiously as superimposed headlines spin in view. "There's something about all this which just doesn't add up, Muffy," one reporter says portentously to the other.  

Scene Three: A dice bag filled with anchovies is dropped on a table. "It's an old gamer gesture," says the crusty & wizened DM. "It means that Bottle City sleeps with the Kuo-Toa."

Thug #1: "Hey, Boss! I tink deese guys are onta us!"

Thug#2: "You knoze whatcha gotta do!"  :wink:

Eulaliaaa!!!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:28 pm 

Deogolf wrote:Thug #1: "Hey, Boss! I tink deese guys are onta us!"
Thug#2: "You knoze whatcha gotta do!"

Thug #1: "Burn it! Burn it all like we did to orange B3!"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:35 pm 

Geoffrey wrote:Since the trademark on AD&D has lapsed, then what is to prevent anyone from publishing products that boldly state right on the front cover "for use with AD&D"?

The similarity of the AD&D mark with the D&D trademark.

Of course there is nothing legally preventing anyone from stating "compatible with D&D." That's one of the things trademarks are for. Even Microsoft has handy tips on how to use their trademarks.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:17 am 

OK.

It has been 9 months and 27 pages since this thread was first created.

And longer since I paid for 2 copies of the LE version of the Bottled City Module.

By page 3 of this thread (Sept/Oct 2007) it was becoming clear that there were going to be problems with the delivery of the BC Modules.

A few pages later we learned that not only were the LE's not going to be delivered first (Before the 500 regular modules called SA's) but that they were not even going to be much different from the SA versions. Save for a somewhat larger map, a MUCH bigger price tag, and a MUCH later delivery time frame.

Still later we learned that PPP was being run by one person; Rob, with no one else having any control as far as delivery of the product.

Later on we learned that none of the customers was personally contacted by Rob or anyone else at PPP as to the status of the PAID for product. All such news was through fan sites and RPG web Forums.

Later on the PPP Web Site completely disappeared from the WWW, causing all sorts of suppositions and much worry from those of us who were already on the string. Later it came back, but not until after much worry by those not directly in the loop at PPP.

Still and soon after that episode it was made quite clear that PPP was in real trouble, as third hand news was being posted regarding the fact that Publishers, Printers and hired artists/writers were also not being paid by PPP.

Nine months after paying for two copies of the LE module, I still have not had a single E-Mail, no calls, and no letters from PPP in general and none from Rob, regarding the status of the product I paid for over 9 months ago. Despite the E-Mail I sent to Rob through the PPP Web Site. No response.

If Grodog was not a member here at the Acaeum forum, then I suspect this thread would have at most 2 or 3 pages................ All being about the lack of news.

Three or four times on this forum we were told that the product was "in the mail". The latest such news being posted here just this past Saturday. Wonderful if it is true, but please don't think less of me if I withhold my joy and happiness until I am actually able to open up the package. I'll believe it when I see it in my hands.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:57 am 

Aneoth wrote:Still later we learned that PPP was being run by one person; Rob, with no one else having any control as far as delivery of the product.

Later on we learned that none of the customers was personally contacted by Rob or anyone else at PPP as to the status of the PAID for product. All such news was through fan sites and RPG web Forums.

This is at least consistent. If PPP is only Rob, then there wouldn't be anyone else to contact customers about the lack of progress if it Rob isn't doing it.

It does appear that Mr Snook is stating that even LE orders went out this weekend.

I hope for everyone in this matter that it's just a matter of days before this is the start of it being water under the bridge.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:55 pm 

Well we finally received our LE copies today. :D  :D

There was obviously a printing error on the SEs because they also state a price of $150 on the back cover.  :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:24 pm 

Yep, mine came today as well.   Suprisingly enough it has a post mark date of March 8th....

Thanks for the help Eric getting this stuff out.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:26 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Yep, mine came today as well.   Suprisingly enough it has a post mark date of March 8th....

Thanks for the help Eric getting this stuff out.

Yes Eric thanks.  Finally looks like there is some light at the end of the dark tunnel....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:52 pm 

cool! am glad some of the guys are getting it now....at long last!

hope it was well worth the wait chaps....sure it will be as it looks very cool from what i remember from GenCon last year when Rob was DMing it.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:07 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote:Well we finally received our LE copies today. :D  :D

There was obviously a printing error on the SEs because they also state a price of $150 on the back cover.  :?

So what was the difference between the LE and SE?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:15 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
So what was the difference between the LE and SE?

From what I can tell in my brief scan through, the map itself is just a one piece poster of better quality, as opposed to the two piece map that came with the SE.   Additionally, there are included photocopies of the original encounter description pages and there is also an appology letter now included as well. Other than that the module itself is identical.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 29 of 48123 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 464748