RJK's Bottle City updates
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 26 of 48123 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 464748
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:56 pm 

Posted by Rhuvien over at the Pied Piper site about this thread here at the Acaeum:

Rhuvien wrote:Well the vast majority of the folks over there are cool and many are peeps that we know from all over the gaming forums. Very many are friends of Rob as well.

The problem is, IMO, that there are a few posters who apparently like to and are allowed to spew vicious nasty attacks peppered with swear words and they go unmoderated. That behavior is not tolerated on all the other major gaming RPG forums, so it does a real disservice to the Acaeum and is disrespectful to its members.

People that make those type of posts speak volume about their character and personality and should be shunned by all.

I feel sorry for them, their lives must be miserable.

Oh well. sad for them.

From this thread: Link

Figured you all would like to know what this guy thinks of you.

See, its exactly this kind of self-righteous nonsense that is going to fan the flames worse than they already are.

Did you folks here at the Acaeum catch what he's saying? Your character is called into question because you've vented some anger about not getting what you paid for.

No thought at all about the fact that RJK made this mess himself by stating he'd shipped all outstanding orders weeks ago, and then not following through.

No thought at all that folks work hard for their money, and expect to get what they've paid for in a timely fashion, from a business that was supposed to be earning the trust of their customers.

If this doesn't meet the definition of vapid fanboyism, I don't know what does.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:59 pm 

People that make those type of posts speak volume about their character and personality and should be shunned by all.

And quite possibly stoned as well - see my post above!

More seriously - Brutally put - Rob has only himself to blame for most of the negative press on this.

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:02 pm 

It seems RJK has his share of codependent enablers who will continue to defend his behavior more or less ensuring that it will continue unabated for the near future.

Stark, as for you, I think you and Rhuvien are now mortal enemies...

Hmm, no, I don't have a gambling problem, I'm winning, and winning is not a problem. That's like saying Michael Jordan has a basketball problem, or Def Leppard has an awesomeness problem. So why don't y'all pour some sugar on that?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:04 pm 

enshook wrote:I stand by it though.

You "stand by it" ... yet have deleted all your posts? Pathetic.

Keep up the wonderful work you and Rhuvien and who knows how many other creator-worshippers are doing by enabling his behavior.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:08 pm 

enshook wrote:Whatever

My 11 year old uses similar logic!

Please do come to this unmoderated forum and post, but this smacks of throwing all of your toys out of the pram. Sorry, but this isn't going away just because certain people close to RJK want it to.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:09 pm 

And I bet at least one member of this forum has all of the posts saved on his computer in any case :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:17 pm 

gyg wrote:And I bet at least one member of this forum has all of the posts saved on his computer in any case :wink:

Don't look at me, I only save that for the shillers and liars.  :)   I understand Eric's point in being here and I personally don't think he is a bad person for doing it.  

The problem is that he is falling into the trap that people fall into all the time(I have done so many times myself) in friendships and that is being a better friend to the the person whom they are defending.  Rob is the one screwing around with everyone and lying and he has left his "friends" to take all the heat for him, all whilst he hides away somewhere.  its really not fair to these folks that he is doing it, but its quite apparent through his most recent offline silence that Rob simply doesn't care if his friends are taking all the heat for his screwups.

The thing that really sucks is that I know that with EGG's passing yesterday eveything has been hard on a lot of folks(including Eric and Rob) and part of me really just wants this to go away for now. But the fact is. that this has been drawn out with so many lies for so long now, its hard for people to just put it off even in light of yesterday's events as its percolating for too long now.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:32 pm 

What I find funny are the attacks coming from the RJK friends/fanboys. How could they possibly think those are going to help?

Why are the victims (those who paid good money and got nothing) treated like the abuser, and the abuser (the one who got the money) treated like the victim?

There's a bad crazy in the world when a man can take thousands of dollars from customers, not follow through on his business obligations, and then to see his "friends" then attack his customers in his absence as though it was the fault of the customer.

I will say that both Grodog and DCAS both deserve a lot credit for not making excuses for RJK, and for understanding that there are serious issues at hand for PPP. I don't see either of those fine fellows castigating PPP customers for voicing their displeasure with the situation.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:36 pm 

Okay, look.

I'm not a moderator, and I'm certainly not an apologist for Rob. You know that. I'm no happier about this mess than you are.

But I keep seeing the same comments. Nobody's saying anything new.

You want to rant & vent, fine, rant & vent. But at this point it has no purpose except making you feel better.

But at this point, if you don't have anything new to say... take a deep breath and chill out, eh?

Let's see if the promised items show up within a week or two. There have been several recent claims that everything's shipping.

In a week or two, if nothing has shown up anywhere, well, that would certainly kick off a new round of pounding, praps rightly.

What say? A little sanity? Cooler heads prevail, all that?

::sigh::

In the meantime, I got a funeral to attend.  :cry:

Frank

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:43 pm 

ExTSR wrote:Let's see if the promised items show up within a week or two. There have been several recent claims that everything's shipping.

You mean like the claims from January? February?

There've been a lot of "recent claims that everything is shipping."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:49 pm 

ExTSR wrote:What say? A little sanity? Cooler heads prevail, all that?

You new around here, or something?  :lol:

Honestly, if more people would just leave their attitudes at the door, things would be happier around here.

YIM  

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:04 pm 

Hi. Long time reader... first time poster... though I've been regged to post for quite some time now.

I see a couple of people here who know me, so hopefully I have some amount of street cred here.  8)

For the length and breadth of this fiasco, I've read most of the threads across the net and wanted to reply... yet what could I add to the mix other than my own personal experiences with Mr. RJK... so let me throw that in and sum things up for perspective.

In 2004, I entered into an agreement with RJK to co-author a 100,000 word game book concerning thaumaturgy and thaumaturgical creations.  I was to create 200 unique monsters... which I did... and fill out 60,000 words in the process... which I did.  To my knowledge, RJK might have wrote the introduction to the work... that's assuming I take him at his word on that.

He claimed to have shopped it around to no avail.  After a lengthy period of time... when it became painfully obvious that he a)was doing nothing on this project, and b) was doing nothing to promote it with publishers, I respectfully asked to be released from my NDA so that I could take the work I had already done and develop it on my own.

Never got a reply... never heard from him since.  In fact, when someone on his board asked him the status of the project, he completely lied.  I stepped in and corrected the misinformation only to see that thread later disappear.

My dealings with RJK are nothing in comparison to what others have experienced.  He cost me nothing moneywise... publishers have actually lost money contracting with him... including, but not limited to: Necromancer Games, Kenzer Games, and most recently Troll Lord Games which led to the final parting of personal ways between him and EGG some months ago.

Now I hear that he's resorted to cheating the customers... and yes, that's what it is: cheating and stealing, IMO.  His defenders aside... there's no way any reasonable person can look at RJK's track record with other companies (which is why he's self-publishing), look at the succession of promises, lies, and brush-offs he's put forth regarding Bottle City and come to any other logical conclusion other than the customers have been stuck for their cash... IMO.

In fact, it's pretty freaking creepy to hear grown men make excuses for him, cover for him and denigrate those who choose to actually complain about RJK's behavior on this point.  Only a good background in social psychology keeps me from being completely amazed at such defensive behavior.

In any case, the very fact that copies have been available for some time from NKG is a glaring point of evidence that not only is RJK capable of getting the modules out of his house and into distribution but that he has zero intention of honoring his commitments to those who took a financial chance on him.

Lastly, I think there's a word for this sort of behavior from him, and it starts with an F.  Were I taken for such sums of money... after a period of time, I would be filing a complaint with the Wisconsin Attorney General.  Fortunately, I learned my lesson with Mr. Kuntz three years ago and would never invest a solitary dime in his dreary little operation.

That's my two coppers... take it for whatever you think it might be worth.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:30 pm 

Just to clarify something here, if it isn't already obvious --

At Frank/Deadlord's request, I deleted the parts of his posting (and the subsequent quoted posts) that were, shall we say, a bit inflammatory.  It was obviously written in the heat of the moment.

While I don't normally do such things, I felt it was necessary in order to keep this thread from completely going off the rails.  Everyone should be aware that in general, the effectiveness of your argument hinges upon your ability to keep things professional.  Nobody pays much attention to the guy in the supermarket screaming profanities, other than perhaps to look around for the police.

/moderation off

Foul

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:46 pm 

This thread should be locked, if at all possible. It's clearly gone beyond anything constructive.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:21 am 

FoulFoot wrote:= Nobody pays much attention to the guy in the supermarket screaming profanities, other than perhaps to look around for the police.

And when it's Deadlord doing the screaming, they usually just send in a couple of police dogs and one of those bomb robots into the supermarket until the alcohol makes him pass out..... :D

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:26 am 

John Stark wrote:Posted by Rhuvien over at the Pied Piper site about this thread here at the Acaeum:

From this thread: Link

Figured you all would like to know what this guy thinks of you.

See, its exactly this kind of self-righteous nonsense that is going to fan the flames worse than they already are.

Did you folks here at the Acaeum catch what he's saying? Your character is called into question because you've vented some anger about not getting what you paid for.

No thought at all about the fact that RJK made this mess himself by stating he'd shipped all outstanding orders weeks ago, and then not following through.

No thought at all that folks work hard for their money, and expect to get what they've paid for in a timely fashion, from a business that was supposed to be earning the trust of their customers.

If this doesn't meet the definition of vapid fanboyism, I don't know what does.

I'm sure your lame attempt at trying to twist my comments to convince others to agree with your lying and pathetic post will go unheeded.

It's pretty clear that I'm a friend and fan of this site and the many posters and friends that I have here.

I've only expressed my concern about the vicious and horrific posting that is occurring by a small group of posters. If you wish to declare yourself one of those, don't mince words. Step right up and say that you are with the nasties and have no regard for common decency and general respect for your fellow posters and members of this forum.

You've certainly shown your lack of manners  and of forum etiquette at other places.

You are to be pitied.  :?

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - William Shakespeare

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:31 am 

I have, on these boards, stated that I believe that RJK has lied. I stand by this, but will not hesitate to apologise if someone gives me proof that this is not the case.

In the meantime please feel free to pity, or indeed, shun me :roll:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:16 am 

Rhu:

look man....is this civil enough....

People have paid a LOT of cash. they havent had their product. it has been promised on more than a few occasions now. folk still havent got their product. folk have been able to obtain the product from a third party, because their pre-order still hasnt been dealt with.

many spokespersons speak and make excuses, yet the originator never speaks.

we are not talking a short amount of time or money here either.

this matter is doubtfully going to clear up until the folk receive their product.

solution? SHIP THE PRODUCT IMMEDIATELY.

is that ok?

'nuff said.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 26 of 48123 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 464748