RJK's Bottle City updates
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:38 am 

grodog wrote:
Looks like I'm only in DFW for about 1 hour 15 minutes (assuming my flights are even on time :roll: ):  I think you should stay with the football, Mike---I probably can't even get out and immediately turn around to go through security again in that time frame....

PS -  Anyone receive their BC yet (I didn't, alas...).

Ouch, forgot about the modern miracle of ass whipping time waste that is security, blast it.  Otherwise that would be plenty of time to catch a bite to eat or something....oh well. Have a good trip, and keep us in mind if you blow through and have a longer stopover.  And if you are going to be longer (if the flight gets delayed or something) give me a call, you should still have my number from Gencon.....
  And no Bottle City here yet..... :cry:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:44 pm 

How's the shipping going on BC LE?

Anyone received theirs yet?

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:03 am 

I hadn't rec'd my copy yet when I left town on Sunday, but I won't be seeing my mail until I return home again on Friday.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:26 am 

haven't recieved mine yet.  i'm kinda worried about it since i've moved since placing the order.  i sent an email with my new address, but never heard back.  oh well, the mail from the old address is still forwared to me most of the time....

-dave

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:11 pm 

Have not received my copy yet either.....thats the mail for ya...

A Wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:41 am 

Also waiting.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:55 am 

Waiting . . . need a good read . . . foot tapping . . .

Let's git to killin'!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:55 am 

I haven't gotten anything yet, including the module.

I never got my copy of Tower of Blood either, for that matter. Though Deogolf was good enough to send me a spare copy he had.

Luckily, I have hirez PDFs of it all.

JB

Jason Braun
Art Monkey for Hire
http://www.jasonbraun.com

WWW YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:27 pm 

Jaybird216 wrote:I haven't gotten anything yet, including the module.

I never got my copy of Tower of Blood either, for that matter. Though Deogolf was good enough to send me a spare copy he had.

Luckily, I have hirez PDFs of it all.

JB

My pleasure, JB! It was the least I could do!  :)

Haven't seen or heard anything here on BC.

Eulaliaaa!!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:17 pm 

A few days ago, I got a USPS notification of an oversized envelope labeled "DO NOT FOLD, DO NOT BEND", so maybe I'm in luck. I'll find out tomorrow morning, when I finally have a chance to get to the post office to pick it up.

Maybe a module, maybe a check. Hopefully both. Probably neither.

Jason Braun
Art Monkey for Hire

WWW YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:46 pm 

The answer is...

D) Neither

Jason Braun
Art Monkey for Hire

WWW YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:49 pm 

I finally heard back from Rob yesterday:  he was down with pneumonia, but is almost back on his feet.  He'll be posting here and on the PPP boards soon with updates on BC.  

My understanding of Rob's pre-pneumonia-status was that Rob took delivery of the BC books from the printer around the 5th of October, and would begin to ship them on the 8th-ish.  From his "hey I'm not dead" email to me, it sounds like none of those copies got out the door (as evinced by no one here or on PPP having received copies yet).  So, he'll begin shipping them soon, though I don't exactly when yet, or how recovered he is (i.e., if he'll be able to ship at a quick rate or not).  

I'm also heading out of town from Thursday to the following Saturday, so I'm not likely to be able to provide regular updates (at least until Monday or so, when I'll be back in CA for work).  

Keep the faith---great rewards and hideous death are nigh at hand! :D :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:55 pm 

i prefer hideous rewards and great death (DM's habits die hard)

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:46 am 

Latest update from Rob is at http://p085.ezboard.com/fpiedpiperpubli ... 61&stop=75

Rob Kuntz wrote:BC is shipping and my health is slowly coming back to normal after a huge bout with pneumonia.

I will be emailing an update to all sponsors and supporters of PPP as to the direction of the company, that is, after I get the BC mailed along with all the other stockpiled orders.

My apologies for the delay and to those who haven't gotten immediate responses from me by mail or phone.

RJK

More details soon!

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:48 am 

Great news on both counts:  health first and foremost, but shipping the BC too!  

Thanks, Allan.

:D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:40 am 

Latest update from Rob is at http://p085.ezboard.com/fpiedpiperpubli ... eRange?top icID=15.topic&start=61&stop=75

Rob Kuntz wrote:

BC is shipping and my health is slowly coming back to normal after a huge bout with pneumonia.

I will be emailing an update to all sponsors and supporters of PPP as to the direction of the company, that is, after I get the BC mailed along with all the other stockpiled orders.

My apologies for the delay and to those who haven't gotten immediate responses from me by mail or phone.

RJK

More details soon!

I may be reading too much into this, but is this the death knell of Pied Piper?  It's really too bad, everything was going so well up until this latest glitch (seven months to get Bottle City finished and shipped).  Pure speculation, I guess Grodog or Deogolf could speak more accurately, but I wonder if Rob is thinking he has bitten off more than he could chew, in the instance of ill health or other disaster.  Most companies have mechanisms in place that the modules would have been mailed out even if the creator/founder/fearless leader had been taken seriously ill; the fact Pied Piper doesn't seem to have this backup in place doesn't bode well for future projects. I sincerely hope Rob is ok, and in leiu of perhaps shutting it down if he limited himself to say one project a year, it might be more manageable.
   For people like Acaeum members, when we recieve the items is perhaps secondary to actually getting them (we are a patient lot that have typically waited years to find a Woodie or a 1st print chainmail; what's seven months?).  Unfortunately, I would estimate at least 50% of Rob's base customer are not going to be the type of collector that is as forgiving for such a long lead time (maybe I'm being too expansive, it could be as low as 20%?).  In any case there seemed to be some pissed off people at the Pied Piper forum, who might not choose to subscribe to future products because of this. The casual buyer is definitely going to be put off by this.
    However, I hope Rob sticks around and publishes even if it is in a  reduced output, because I'd rather receive something than nothing at all.  I know Rob is technophobic (am I thinking of someone else?) but surely someone could indicate that you can ship out of your very house without trips to the post office...you could be completely bedridden and still get out product using a computer, printer, labels, packaging supplies, and a telephone (to call the PO to tell them to pick up the stuff).  
  Anyway, not a knock on Rob, but I do hope if he decides to keep going he can overcome these latest difficulties.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:51 am 

Badmike wrote:
I may be reading too much into this, but is this the death knell of Pied Piper?  It's really too bad, everything was going so well up until this latest glitch (seven months to get Bottle City finished and shipped).  Pure speculation, I guess Grodog or Deogolf could speak more accurately, but I wonder if Rob is thinking he has bitten off more than he could chew, in the instance of ill health or other disaster.  Most companies have mechanisms in place that the modules would have been mailed out even if the creator/founder/fearless leader had been taken seriously ill; the fact Pied Piper doesn't seem to have this backup in place doesn't bode well for future projects. I sincerely hope Rob is ok, and in leiu of perhaps shutting it down if he limited himself to say one project a year, it might be more manageable.
   For people like Acaeum members, when we recieve the items is perhaps secondary to actually getting them (we are a patient lot that have typically waited years to find a Woodie or a 1st print chainmail; what's seven months?).  Unfortunately, I would estimate at least 50% of Rob's base customer are not going to be the type of collector that is as forgiving for such a long lead time (maybe I'm being too expansive, it could be as low as 20%?).  In any case there seemed to be some pissed off people at the Pied Piper forum, who might not choose to subscribe to future products because of this. The casual buyer is definitely going to be put off by this.
    However, I hope Rob sticks around and publishes even if it is in a  reduced output, because I'd rather receive something than nothing at all.  I know Rob is technophobic (am I thinking of someone else?) but surely someone could indicate that you can ship out of your very house without trips to the post office...you could be completely bedridden and still get out product using a computer, printer, labels, packaging supplies, and a telephone (to call the PO to tell them to pick up the stuff).  
  Anyway, not a knock on Rob, but I do hope if he decides to keep going he can overcome these latest difficulties.

Mike B.

I fully agree with you here Mike.  I can't see where a long  delay like this can be anything but bad for PPP in the long run. I admit that I was even starting to get a bit impatient with this.  Being that I understand the source(and I mean this in a good way) and I trust fully that the people invloved would come through in the end, I was able to maintain my patience though. Now, being someone who is more on the outside of the process, I could fully understand them not being so patient and understanding as if I was in the same situation, I would have probaly done a charge back 3 or 4 months ago and been done with it never to return.   I hope that this isn't the case for most people, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:19 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
I fully agree with you here Mike.  I can't see where a long  delay like this can be anything but bad for PPP in the long run. I admit that I was even starting to get a bit impatient with this.  Being that I understand the source(and I mean this in a good way) and I trust fully that the people invloved would come through in the end, I was able to maintain my patience though. Now, being someone who is more on the outside of the process, I could fully understand them not being so patient and understanding as if I was in the same situation, I would have probaly done a charge back 3 or 4 months ago and been done with it never to return.   I hope that this isn't the case for most people, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

I'm just curious about the wording of Rob's announcement "direction of the company"; in my experience that has never boded well when someone starts talking about the direction of their company...

And yes, part of the reason for my patience has been I know and respect everyone involved. As BC said if I wasn't on the inside I wouldn't have been happy about the long release date. I do hope he keeps publishing even if it's at a reduced rate.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

PreviousNext