RJK's Bottle City updates
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 18 of 48123 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 464748
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:32 pm 

islestrike wrote:There is quite an entertaining read here where RJK takes a nice lambasting from Clark Peterson over similar tardiness ...

Wow, that is one ugly thread!  8O I didn't think it was possible for me to be less impressed with PPP; I was wrong.

Time to hit my knees again to thank God that I never pre-order anything ...

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:42 pm 

And that wasn't the last instance either.  Two more companies got screwed by dealing with RJK.

As for the SE, I think mine was #18, so we can maybe see up to what number has been sent out if others post any later #s

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:54 pm 

Yeah it get's quite nasty in some places.  I thought the best bit came from one of the onlookers:

"If we had an emoticon of a smiley eating popcorn, I'd use it."

With all the revelations and bitch-slaps it's like being a little kid watching some movie you know you were not meant to see.   8O

Cheers!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:15 pm 

Yikes, that is pretty bad.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:40 pm 

Wow! That did get ugly...But I'm glad I have that information now. I won't be dealing with PPP under any circumstances ever again.

On a side note, dcas and grodog, you guys seem to be genuinely good and well liked folks. I think it may be time to stop enabling RJK. It seems his personality very much resembles his last name.

And I still don't have mine...Did he sell it twice?

Hmm, no, I don't have a gambling problem, I'm winning, and winning is not a problem. That's like saying Michael Jordan has a basketball problem, or Def Leppard has an awesomeness problem. So why don't y'all pour some sugar on that?

Last edited by Cattledog on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:46 pm 

For what it's worth, the copy I received from NK today was 468/500.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:52 pm 

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:59 pm 

islestrike wrote:"If we had an emoticon of a smiley eating popcorn, I'd use it."!

(One of about 10,000 choices out there on the interwebs, I'm sure ...)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:04 pm 

My SE was number 5 and I got that well over a month ago now.  I am still waiting on my $150 LE. :roll:   Oh yeah and people who worked the project are still waiting to be paid despite the fact that the project was fully complete with the exception of actually shipping the f**king items out back in August.  Yeah, thats right 6 months ago now...

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:56 pm 

bclarkie wrote:My SE was number 5 and I got that well over a month ago now.  I am still waiting on my $150 LE. :roll:   Oh yeah and people who worked the project are still waiting to be paid despite the fact that the project was fully complete with the exception of actually shipping the f**king items out back in August.  Yeah, thats right 6 months ago now...

Even knowing about the Necromancer and Kenzer and Troll Lords fiascos, I was eager to see the PPP products, preordered them, and Rob kept it on keel for what was probably a record amount of time....sad the train finally went off the tracks.  I only hope everyone who paid for a Bottle City gets one and we can move on.

To reiterate, this is the death knell of PPP and it's really a pity.

If Rob ever wants to publish anything again for profit, he's going to have to work out a deal with a third party (like Noble Knight) to exclusively sell his items....the thought that anyone on the Acaeum (his core audience) or Dragonsfoot would send Rob a "interest free loan" again is far fetched to say the least.  

It's really too bad that many of the classic scenarios of days gone by will never see the light of day because of this....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:46 pm 

Go-Captain Suzdal wrote:Just received mine, in record time (ordered Friday a.m., rec'd at app. 2:30 p.m. Monday) from NK (minor corner bump upon arrival, but no biggie :). Seems interesting, if a bit slight; from what I can gather by cursory perusal it only covers one level of the city. The maps are cool, and I leafed through the booklet briefly, but I think I'll wait for the free .pdf download to read it through so I don't add more wear/tear.

Just to clarify, the free .pdf download is a transcription of the original ms., not a complete .pdf of the published module version.  

Go-Captain Suzdal wrote:Of course, the link to the password-protected download doesn't work properly, so I am now in line with everyone else waiting for PPP to get its act together...:(.

Hmmm.  Some folks have reported problems accessing the file via Firefox and needing to update an Acrobat plugin first.  I'm also having a looping problem trying to load the file from IE via the published URL of http://www.pied-piper-publishing.com/in ... nscription
A direct link to the file is at
http://www.pied-piper-publishing.com/up ... e-city.pdf

Please post with your web browser and version and what problem you're seeing if you can't access the file, from one or the other URL.

Thanks!

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:53 pm 

FWIW, the books weren't picked up from the printer until early October 2007, sometime around the 10th.  

Obviously Rob won't be leveraging pre-orders for future PPP products.  The business model was never intended to be ongoing, only to get PPP sufficient capital to get off the ground.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:09 pm 

If people involved with the production still haven't been paid, it doesn't seem like business capitol is staying within the business - which is never a good business model.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:12 pm 

According to Rob, he had these actually in on September 24th:

http://p085.ezboard.com/The-Herald/fpie ... ishingfrm3

Allan, I feel bad for you I really do, because I know that you are really in the middle of this, but truthfully this whole endeavour has reach epic proportions in how bad it is now.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:55 pm 

From reading the Necromancer Games thread, it seemed Allan was in the middle of it there too.  You are a glutton for punishment.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:03 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Allan, I feel bad for you I really do, because I know that you are really in the middle of this, but truthfully this whole endeavour has reach epic proportions in how bad it is now.

Got to agree with Brian here I'm afraid. Unfortunately all the chit chat on this and other forums has only managed to soil reputations, most particularly that of PPP. Only a very few people have 'insider' knowledge of whats gone on, but from an 'outsiders' point of view its an absolute train wreck.

If pushed on the point I would say that the general idea of effectively pre-selling a product based upon reputution was a sound one, unfortunately the follow through was absolutely disastrous.

Good name, reputation and kudos count for a lot, but there is a limit, and that limit seems to have been passed a long time ago by many here (I don't have an investment tbh - I'm far to short-sighted to pre-order stuff!!) - If I were being really honest I would  say that it is only Grodog's presence as a long term, very well respected member of these boards that have kept these criticism's from rearing their ugly heads on these boards much earlier.

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:06 pm 

(I would also say that I genuinely believe that Allan's integrity and decency are not in any doubt whatsover- being involved in a project spiralling out of control like this  one has must be very stressful indeed)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:47 pm 

gyg wrote:(I would also say that I genuinely believe that Allan's integrity and decency are not in any doubt whatsover- being involved in a project spiralling out of control like this  one has must be very stressful indeed)

Allan is motivated to see that some of this historical gaming stuff finally reaches the masses.  I really sucks he's gotten caught in the middle of this, I'm suspecting if it weren't for his selfless efforts those of us holding a copy of Bottle City wouldn't have been doing that at all, ever.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 18 of 48123 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 464748