RJK's Bottle City updates
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 48123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 464748
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:38 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Snowed in for 6 full weeks? Wow, that must have been one hell of a snow storm.

If Rob wants to continue PPP, he's really going to have to see about investing in a scale and shipping from his house...the PO will pick up and he wouldn't have to worry about making trips in the snow.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:46 pm 

I haven't purchased any of these items, and I'm not interested in any of these items, but it sounds like to me that it's one excuse after another.  This would lead me to believe it's not the snow, car, health, whatever.  I would guess it has more to do with the attitude.  I am not saying the excuses are lies; they're probably the truth.  But as many of you are making clear, there are seemingly work-arounds for each of the excuses.

And maybe I should just stay out of this since I don't know this guy, and he sounds incredibly creative, but everyone has to admit the string of excuses has been amazingly long.  The point has long past when the excuses aren't the reason for the delays; it's more likely the excuser.

I'm not trying to be mean; just observant.  I wish everyone the best.

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:15 pm 

I never pre-ordered any of his stuff.  I did buy it after it was produced (not the latest yet).  I am realy not a big fan of pre-ordering anything, I like to actually see it produced and become real before handing out any money.  Just my two thoughts!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:53 pm 

It's so long ago I can't remember if I pre-ordered an LE or not. I usually do.  

I'm not phased by the wait: i've been on the waiting list for a telescope for 6 years and reckon I've probably got at least another 4 before I'm contacted. In that time I've been married and had two kids.

The usual form with the telescoipe is to give you a couple of weeks to make your mind up and come up with 50% of the price in advance as an earnest after leaving you hanging about for 10 years.

But, if it's worth the wait then no worries.

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:46 pm 

Wait no longer friends ...Bottled City is now available for purchase from NobleKnight:

http://www.nobleknight.com/ProductDetai ... GenreID_E_

It says Limited Collector's Edition but I think this is actually the regular SE version?  Now a kind charitable explanation for those still waiting for their pre-order copy is that Noble Knight Games must also be a sponsor.      :roll:

Cheers!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:23 am 

I'll let you know when mine arrives :). Just ordered it; thanks for the tip. I was hesitant about ordering directly from PPP, especially after what I had read in this thread.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:55 am 

well if someone brings one along to GenCon for me, so i can get my hands on it THERE and THEN...i will buy it.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:26 pm 

Wow, I'm really starting to feel like a sucker...and I only bought a SE.

Hmm, no, I don't have a gambling problem, I'm winning, and winning is not a problem. That's like saying Michael Jordan has a basketball problem, or Def Leppard has an awesomeness problem. So why don't y'all pour some sugar on that?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:48 pm 

To add insult to injury, is Aaron listing it at a 10% discount to boot?  I still haven't received my SE yet...

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:08 pm 

islestrike wrote:Bottled City is now available for purchase from NobleKnight ...

Not good. Not good on many, many levels ...

I mean no offense to Allan and others who have posted here to keep us up to date and who probably feel like they are caught in the middle, but PPP needs a complete restructuring ... and that's if it's even a viable enterprise still.

I can't see too many people getting excited about extending the company an interest-free loan again. Especially when many of them aren't being repaid more than a year later.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:16 pm 

Still waiting on my copy from PPP but just ordered on from NK.  Lets see which one arrives first.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:24 pm 

Nice to know that Aaron was able to get his stock before the people who actually paid for the f**king thing got theirs.  :roll:   According to Rob on the PPP site, they are supposedly all shipped out now:

http://p085.ezboard.com/fpiedpiperpubli ... 41&stop=48

So its going to be interesting to see what happens now.  I am really curious to see if he has also started paying his people who worked on it yet as well.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:23 pm 

Unfortunately, I've seen this sort of thing before with small press operations (although not RPGs). I'm still waiting for a book from Darkside Press, a short story anthology, that I paid $150 for in Nov. of 2006 which was supposed to be released in Dec. of 2006. It's been more than a year since, and the book has yet to be printed let alone shipped. From what I understand, the contributors have not been paid either, etc., much like this situation. Incidentally, the excuses given by the publisher (it's a one-man show) were health-related too, until the excuses (and replies to e-mails) stopped entirely.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:03 pm 

Just ordered from Noble Knight.  It was even offered at a discount to the cover price :?

Glad I waited on this :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:32 am 

Looks like I should order mine from NK too.  :lol: I wonder if they have my check.

Jason Braun
Art Monkey for Hire
http://www.jasonbraun.com

WWW YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:38 am 

Jaybird216 wrote:Looks like I should order mine from NK too.  :lol: I wonder if they have my check.

You know what makes it even even more infuriating?  Someone over on DF posted that they ordered a copy iof the SE from NK and already got it.  :evil:

BTW, from what I understand, there is at least one other individual who worked on the project who is still waiting to paid that you may not even know about.  What a bunch of sh*t.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:48 pm 

Pre-order placed in May ('07). Still no BC here.  Waiting not so patiently for it to arrive.  

Forecast for future preorders from PPP: not a snow-balls chance in h***.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:49 pm 

Just received mine, in record time (ordered Friday a.m., rec'd at app. 2:30 p.m. Monday) from NK (minor corner bump upon arrival, but no biggie :). Seems interesting, if a bit slight; from what I can gather by cursory perusal it only covers one level of the city. The maps are cool, and I leafed through the booklet briefly, but I think I'll wait for the free .pdf download to read it through so I don't add more wear/tear. Of course, the link to the password-protected download doesn't work properly, so I am now in line with everyone else waiting for PPP to get its act together...:(.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 48123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 464748