RJK's Bottle City updates
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 48123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 464748
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:03 am 

Melan wrote:It's a cool item, but I don't really have anything interesting to say about it, so no. Good job, though.  :wink:

Thanks Melan.  You should chime in over on teh PPP boards, too:  Rob respects your opinion on books, and would love to hear the praise directly, I'm sure.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:05 am 

Neither standards nor limiteds arrived here yet.  Last night Rob said he still had more shipping to do, but he bought a new car (and The Club), so shipping should begin to pick up again now that he's mobile.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:33 pm 

grodog wrote:Neither standards nor limiteds arrived here yet.  Last night Rob said he still had more shipping to do, but he bought a new car (and The Club), so shipping should begin to pick up again now that he's mobile.

Thanks for the update.  Nothing here yet, but I won't worry until I hear everything has shipped and I still don't have my limited.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:33 am 

grodog wrote:Neither standards nor limiteds arrived here yet.  Last night Rob said he still had more shipping to do, but he bought a new car (and The Club), so shipping should begin to pick up again now that he's mobile.

Do you know if I'm on his shipping list, Allan?
Anything new in the pipeline?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:58 am 

Haven't seen mine yet.  Anyone else out there still waiting for this?

Shanghai fun & friends!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:51 am 

stumbling tiger wrote:Haven't seen mine yet.  Anyone else out there still waiting for this?

I'm still waiting on mine - anyone know if Rob finished sending them out?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:46 am 

Yeah, I'm still waiting on mine as well.

Hmm, no, I don't have a gambling problem, I'm winning, and winning is not a problem. That's like saying Michael Jordan has a basketball problem, or Def Leppard has an awesomeness problem. So why don't y'all pour some sugar on that?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:05 pm 

Nope... nada
nothing.
At least some folks got the standard versions.
Even though they paid something like 8-10 times less......... and did so 3 months later than the LE buyers did.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:48 pm 

I'm still waiting as well for my LE.  Not to be critical, but I think they should have been shipped first, just in case there were any additional snags in shipping.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:06 pm 

Good to know I'm not alone, then. :)

Shanghai fun & friends!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:12 pm 

Man, what's up with these large avatars?

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:19 pm 

errr . . .
Compensating for something?

:wink:

Shanghai fun & friends!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:42 pm 

stumbling tiger wrote:errr . . .
Compensating for something?

:wink:

Well if your collection is that small, then buy more stuff.. :wink:  :lol:

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:00 pm 

dbartman wrote:I'm still waiting as well for my LE.  Not to be critical, but I think they should have been shipped first, just in case there were any additional snags in shipping.

I do not think it is being too critical to put forth that inquiry, and I agree with you.

The rant below will most probably make me even more of a pariah than I have been. But, I have spent the past two years lurking in the shadows anyway. So, more darkness will not cast any longer a shadow than I have been lingering in.

Unfortunately, I feel that something need be stated about this situation.

It seems to me that Grodog and many others who have posted here have been offering up explanations and excuses for Rob at every turn. Not to say that those explanations and excuses were invalid… Far from it in fact. But as valid and soothing as they were, they fail to explain away everything.

This has been going on for many months now. The advertisements for the Bottled City LE's and later the SA's started in at least April or perhaps as late as June of 2007 and the sales for the LE's ended in July 2007 (I think). And even after reading all of the posts regarding the SA and LE shipping info and all of the posts regarding Rob's health and monetary problems, I fail to understand the reasoning behind the oh so late time frame for delivery of the LE's. And more so, the final decision to ship out some or all the SA's before any of the LE's.

At a guess there are perhaps 30-35 packages of the listed 42 (or was it 43) total copies of the LE's printed to be send out, since several individuals purchased two copies each (Two copies per buyer was the advertised limit). I was one of those who purchased two copies of the LE. Of course, I later learned here that the LE is going to be almost exactly the same thing as the SA. With as I recall an autograph and a larger map than the SA version.

I am fine with that. Or at least I would have been had it been delivered in any version of a timely manner. Looking back, if I had known what was going to happen with this situation. I would not have spent that money. Perhaps I would have bought a copy of the SA, or not.

I was never sent any communication by PPP regarding my account and my items purchased. What company does not keep its customers informed of delays? Not through a fan web site, but personally? Let's be realistic though, honestly speaking, a company with only one employee such as PPP does indeed have time concerns for making such things all but impossible and most assuredly unlikely. I understand that also and as a one employee company owner, perhaps I understand that more than most others might.

But how likely is it that this sort of thing would have been tolerated by even the most patient of the Acaeum membership from any seller on E-Bay? Rob's name would have been long since vilified by certain outgoing members of the Acaeum as a seller to be avoided at all costs. Admit it folks, it is true.

Any E-Bay seller that would take seven months or longer to mail paid for merchandise would be blasted here and through E-bay feedback both. In fact I suspect that seller would have long since lost his E-bay account, probably banished forever from any further activities on E-bay.

I also own a business in which I am the only employee and as such (similar to Rob's case) if anything were to happen to me to completely incapacitate me, then nothing would happen with the business. However, that said, if I was capable of speech (IE. Picking up a phone) or of typing up a short form letter, then I would not allow my customers to hang in the balance wondering where I had gotten off too and where their product was (In my case I provide a service) and most especially if that client or clients had paid in advance for that product, or service. If I allowed a service to be seven months late for delivery, I would most assuredly lose those clients and very soon thereafter my company as well, as my business relies heavily on word of mouth advertisement from satisfied customers.

Feel free to blast me for speaking ill of the deservedly highly respected and honored Rob if you wish, but you know I am right. This situation should never have been allowed to happen in the first place and most certainly should not have been allowed to fester for so long.

All that rant aside, I truly feel regretful for Rob's past and present health concerns and for his monetary difficulties, and I truly hope his health and wealth both continue to improve.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:06 pm 

I am not going to type a lot about this, everything that needs to be said has already been said. I have already received my SE copy about a month ago now, however my LE has not yet arrived either.  I also have word that there are people who have worked on this project that have still not been paid yet either, depsite being told privately that it was going to be happening soon.

I will say that my patience is starting wear very thin about this now.  Let it be known that if resolution has not been reached on these matters pretty soon, its not going to be pretty...

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:10 pm 

I'm done with Pied Piper.  Hopefully everyone gets the product they paid for sometime this year.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:19 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I am not going to type a lot about this, everything that needs to be said has already been said. I have already received my SE copy about a month ago now, however my LE has not yet arrived either.  I also have word that there are people who have worked on this project that have still not been paid yet either, depsite being told privately that it was going to be happening soon.

I will say that my patience is starting wear very thin about this now.  Let it be known that if resolution has not been reached on these matters pretty soon, its not going to be pretty...

I honestly thought the LE's would have been shipped out first; simply as a courtesy to PPP's biggest supporters. I was surprised and happy when I finally got my SE's, but puzzled when people started piping up they didn't get their LEs.  Wasn't this all supposed to have been taken care of by the end of January?
  Sad thing is, it is really a GREAT product, albeit very much a niche product, and this and further offerings from PPP could have really taken off.  Rob can't still be deathly ill (can he?); isn't it about time someone just admits this is a money issue and we need to move on from there, i.e. how can we best get this already paid for and printed product to the buyer?

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:31 pm 

Badmike wrote:
I honestly thought the LE's would have been shipped out first; simply as a courtesy to PPP's biggest supporters. I was surprised and happy when I finally got my SE's, but puzzled when people started piping up they didn't get their LEs.  Wasn't this all supposed to have been taken care of by the end of January?
  Sad thing is, it is really a GREAT product, albeit very much a niche product, and this and further offerings from PPP could have really taken off.  Rob can't still be deathly ill (can he?); isn't it about time someone just admits this is a money issue and we need to move on from there, i.e. how can we best get this already paid for and printed product to the buyer?

Mike B.

TBH, I don't know what the problem is, but I am starting to care less and less by the moment.  I preached patience a couple of months ago, because I legitimately believed that it was still the best course of action at that point.   I really wanted to give Rob the benefit of the doubt and yet here we are now 2 months later and lots of people are still waiting on both money and product. I don't really want to hear any more lame ass excuses anymore, I wan't to start seeing people get what they are owed, period.  

Seriously, like I said, my patience is growing very thin now.  I am thinking that I have about 2 more weeks patience left in me and if something hasn't been seriously accomplished by that point in getting people what's owed to them(both money and product), I am going to start going out of my way to make things extremely uncomfortable.....extremely uncomfortable.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 48123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 464748