RJK's Bottle City updates
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 9 of 43123 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 414243
Author


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:31 am 
 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote: this guy makes off with people's money, and you have the nerve to say things like you quoted above?



Has he?? I am still waiting for the official annoucement from someone who actually knows what is going on to say this.  Everything so far has been a bunch of specualtion by people who really have no clue as to  what is going on.  Right now I am on the hook for $170 plus shipping and I am not even the slightest bit worried.  I guess the only people around here who get slack are the ones that come approved by certain members and not others.    

As far as Doug Rhea goes, his is a completely seperate issue altogether and trying to bring into this discussion is  like trying to compare apples and oranges.  Rob Kuntz hasn't f**ked anyone yet.  He might end up doing so, but he hasn't yet and until I start hearing so from the people who actually know what the f**k is going on here, I am withholding judgement.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 601
Joined: Apr 15, 2007
Last Visit: Jul 04, 2021
Location: Cleveland, OH

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:38 am 
 

No, you're right, he hasn't taken any money without providing product.

Sorry, Brian, you are right, as usual.

:roll:


Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:43 am 
 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:No, you're right, he hasn't taken any money without providing product.

Sorry, Brian, you are right, as usual.

:roll:


Oh, I get it, I am not allowed to have a differing opinion. Sounds good.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 601
Joined: Apr 15, 2007
Last Visit: Jul 04, 2021
Location: Cleveland, OH

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:48 am 
 

You have whatever opinion you want...you make it clear repeatedly, however, that you pick your battles and single some out while defending others.

As far as Doug and Rob being compared, I was simply saying that you lambast Doug, who has done NOTHING to you, yet Rob has your money, and you give the guy slack?

That is some seriously FUBAR logic. Rant on, man, you do it so well....

PDT_Armataz_01_37


Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5641
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 17, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:48 am 
 

Condense what Mikey and CSH said and you have the issue in a nutshell. When you actively offer a product, as was the case with BC, you are obligated to deliver in a timely fashion.
I have nothing at all invested in this (thank God), but personally I don't give a shit if Rob wants to live in a shoe in Northern Siberia. He voided his right to privacy when he accepted other peoples' money for a product and failed to even UPDATE them. It's completely unfair to guys like Allan that Rob makes them jump through hoops to find out what the fuk is going on.
Get a grip, guys. Cougar gets bashed for similar things, as have other ass-bandit sellers. People really need to quit deifying these former game industry figures.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2737
Joined: May 31, 2007
Last Visit: Mar 22, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:54 am 
 

I simply wish Rob good health. Other than that, I have no stake, or interest, until the product is available... and then, I will think about getting it. I hope its better than Cairn was (was not too terribly impressed, but I think that was my expectation more so than what was written.)


Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:58 am 
 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:As far as Doug and Rob being compared, I was simply saying that you lambast Doug, who has done NOTHING to you, yet Rob has your money, and you give the guy slack?

That is some seriously FUBAR logic. Rant on, man, you do it so well....

PDT_Armataz_01_37


Oh I see, Doug's attack on the market for certain items is effectively screwing over anyone who wants want of those items into a beat me or buy from me deal is a-okay, but RJK being late on module is FUBAR logic.  Again sounds good.  

The hypocrisy of this forum is starting to explode.  I'd be willing to bet a lot of cash that if Rob Kuntz was located in certain section of the country all this would still be okay.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 601
Joined: Apr 15, 2007
Last Visit: Jul 04, 2021
Location: Cleveland, OH

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:02 pm 
 

Considering YOU are the biggest hypocrite here, and are yet again ranting, I would say you are right.

Bust every poor bastard that comes along on eBay....give a game designer slack.....bust fellow Acaeum members for NOTHING....give a game designer slack.

Practice what you preach so loudly, Brian, practice what you preach.

Your application of this double-standard to Mr. Kuntz makes you look even more foolish than you do normally.


Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:05 pm 
 

Deadlord39 wrote:Condense what Mikey and CSH said and you have the issue in a nutshell. When you actively offer a product, as was the case with BC, you are obligated to deliver in a timely fashion.
I have nothing at all invested in this (thank God), but personally I don't give a shit if Rob wants to live in a shoe in Northern Siberia. He voided his right to privacy when he accepted other peoples' money for a product and failed to even UPDATE them. It's completely unfair to guys like Allan that Rob makes them jump through hoops to find out what the fuk is going on.
Get a grip, guys. Cougar gets bashed for similar things, as have other ass-bandit sellers. People really need to quit deifying these former game industry figures.


Except I am not deifying anyone.  I am taking Allan's word to this point.  So far Allan seems to think all of this will work out, so being that I trust  him and that he would know before anyone else if this was becoming a serious problem, again I am withholding judgement.  

Let me reiterate that I fully believe that this has been handled extremely poorly so far, there really isn't any disputing it.  The fact remains though that despite the fact that some people seem to think that this is a dead deal, no one who knows anything has even slightly indicated that it is.  Until that changes, I will do my best to remain patient.  I will also be the first one to admit that I am wrong if this turns to shit.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:06 pm 
 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:Considering YOU are the biggest hypocrite here, and are yet again ranting, I would say you are right.

Bust every poor bastard that comes along on eBay....give a game designer slack.....bust fellow Acaeum members for NOTHING....give a game designer slack.

Practice what you preach so loudly, Brian, practice what you preach.

Your application of this double-standard to Mr. Kuntz makes you look even more foolish than you do normally.


The only one ranting here is you though.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 601
Joined: Apr 15, 2007
Last Visit: Jul 04, 2021
Location: Cleveland, OH

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:08 pm 
 

Only in response to your ignorance, so I'm done now.

Have a good new year.

:joker:


Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:17 pm 
 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:Only in response to your ignorance, so I'm done now.


My ignorance?  You're right, I don't know what the hell is going on, but then again neither do you.. or Mike... or Frank.. or Stephen, etc.  What I do know is that a guy on the inside that I do know and trust(and have nary heard anyone even utter something that could be confused as a negative remark about) seems to think everything is going to be okay in the end here.  Until I hear differently from him, I am withholding final judgement.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Active Collector

Posts: 98
Joined: Sep 03, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 27, 2013
Location: WV

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:58 pm 
 

I ordered said product a long time ago. I have yet to receive it and my expectations for receiving the item are not good. If the item does arrive I'm not expecting it till probably March considering how things are going at the moment.

I have not received any word on the delay from PPP. Luckily for me I read the forums on the Acaeum and am able to get the scant info presented in this thread.

Unfortunately, any trust I had in Kuntz & PPP has been expended. I won't be buying anything else and will recommend that others avoid them as well.

Has Rob Kuntz made off with my money? I don't know and won't know until I receive the item I purchased long ago. Can I get the interest on my money?

And about Rob's health...I hope he is well and recovers. Someone else should have mailed the product in his absence. His reluctance to accept aid raises a red flag.


Hmm, no, I don't have a gambling problem, I'm winning, and winning is not a problem. That's like saying Michael Jordan has a basketball problem, or Def Leppard has an awesomeness problem. So why don't y'all pour some sugar on that?

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2737
Joined: May 31, 2007
Last Visit: Mar 22, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:08 pm 
 

Unless, what Rob has/had is contagious?


Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5653
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Sep 17, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:10 pm 
 

Deadlord39 wrote:To me, the worst part is to see a great guy like Allan caught in the middle. Allan, I hope you realize no one here is pointing any fingers at you. Shit, if it wasn't for you, we'd all have to assume Rob was rotting away in a recliner waiting to be discovered.


Thanks, Frank, I do appreciate that.  This isn't an easy place to be in, since I'm far from neutral in this matter:  I'm Rob's friend, help him to produce the books, and support PPP as I'm able.  I ordered 2 copies of the LE of the book, as well as 1 of the standard (IIRC---it has been awhile ;) ).  

Melan wrote:Well said, bombadil. I will just wait and hope - even though it looks like this one will be Pied Piper's last product. Which is too bad, because the Bottle City reproduction was precisely the kind of game supplement I was looking for.


I'm hoping that and working toward Bottle City not being PPP's final book.  Whether Rob will be forced to abandon the pre-order model is another, very valid, question.  But there will be more books, hopefully:  there's too much rich material for me not to try to make it available.


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5641
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 17, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:16 pm 
 

I see nothing wrong with what Doug does, nor is it even remotely close to Rob's blatant lack of caring for the thousands of dollars he took. There are plenty of people here who bid on items they already have, 99% of the time for the explicit purpose of reselling them for more money. That is no different than what Dougie does. There's no law against using money to corner a market.
Rob is not just late with the product, he refuses to give his customers even the basic courtesy of explaining what is going on and what will be done. Relying on others to interpret and relay info is plain bad. He needs to drag his butt to his computer and type in a few words here or at DragginFoot and let the people who paid him a lot of money know what the fuck is going on.
The next time I hear a Rob-defender flame Cougar, I'll tag them as a hypocrite. Other than Allan, because he is just too nice.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:22 pm 
 

Deadlord39 wrote:I see nothing wrong with what Doug does, nor is it even remotely close to Rob's blatant lack of caring for the thousands of dollars he took. There are plenty of people here who bid on items they already have, 99% of the time for the explicit purpose of reselling them for more money. That is no different than what Dougie does. There's no law against using money to corner a market.
Rob is not just late with the product, he refuses to give his customers even the basic courtesy of explaining what is going on and what will be done. Relying on others to interpret and relay info is plain bad. He needs to drag his butt to his computer and type in a few words here or at DragginFoot and let the people who paid him a lot of money know what the fuck is going on.
The next time I hear a Rob-defender flame Cougar, I'll tag them as a hypocrite. Other than Allan, because he is just too nice.


Can you point out here where anybody has actually defended Rob's actions thus far?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 125
Joined: Aug 26, 2006
Last Visit: Mar 18, 2015
Location: The basement of the Alamo

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:21 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Rob Kuntz hasn't f**ked anyone yet.  He might end up doing so, but he hasn't yet and until I start hearing so from the people who actually know what the f**k is going on here, I am withholding judgement.
Jim Holloway and I might say otherwise...


Jason Braun
Art Monkey for Hire
http://www.jasonbraun.com
_______________________
No animals were harmed during the posting of this message,

 WWW YIM  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:50 pm 
 

Jaybird216 wrote:Jim Holloway and I might say otherwise...


Fair enough.  I feel for you and I believe that you have a legit gripe, as a matter of fact you guys who actually worked on the project likely have the largest gripe of anyone. :)  

I think people are reading me wrong here.  I actually think everyone getting upset at the lack of response and length of time in shipping has a legit gripe, like I have said several times above, this has been handled extremely poorly.  My only issue are the doomsayers claiming the the project is dead and everyone is screwed.   I have a tendancy to agree with the notion that money has as much to do with this if not more to do with this the proclaimed illness.  It would certainly explain the refusal to accept help.  As a matter of fact the more I think about it, the more I am wondering if its not the shipping costs that may be holding the shipping of the product, but perhaps payment to the folks who worked on the project holding up the entire process.   I mean once the items start getting shipped, then the excuse for not paying the people who worked on the project is gone too and so that money is going to have to be paid.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 601
Joined: Apr 15, 2007
Last Visit: Jul 04, 2021
Location: Cleveland, OH

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:56 pm 
 

:roll:


Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 9 of 43123 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 414243