Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 54 of 114123 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 112113114
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:49 pm 

** expired/removed eBay auction **
sPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=015

Wow! Now I feel all glad I bought mine for 1/3rd that (and thought that was high.) When did this item get so expensive?

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:04 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:I reported it as well. What an idiot.

Ditto.  And the fact it was removed shows we weren't the only ones who thought it was a tad, how should we say, ambiguous. Mars is right, it was just a fishing expedition....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:06 pm 

serleran wrote:
Wow! Now I feel all glad I bought mine for 1/3rd that (and thought that was high.) When did this item get so expensive?

Anything Vecna related (including Die, Vecna Die and Vecna Reborn) has been rising in value lately. However, as with all auctions, I would wait to see a trend develop, since sometimes two individuals competing can drive a price far beyond it's worth. If the next one sells for $30, well....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:14 pm 

serleran wrote:

It got expensive because it was in still in shirnk.  I also took into account with my bid that it would be replacing a copy that didn't have shrink(as I still collect those types of things ;)), so I would be likely selling off the one it replaced for likely half of my bid.

Sorry 'bout that Matt. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:23 pm 

Its back up now:

Still very agressive opening bid though.  This time minus the objectionable langauge....

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:18 pm 

Mars wrote:
I reported the auction as listing violation under not actually having an item for sale or something like that.  I don't think it is antithetical to what is promoted here at all.  I think one thing that is strongly promoted here is that when a rare comes up, you want to be sure that the seller is honest and you will get what you paid for.

With the auction listing as it was, there was no such guarantee that the seller would even sell it to the highest bidder.  The listing was clearly just a fishing expedition to try and get offers.

The item being relisted "minus the objectionable language" (bclarkie) doesn't mean a whole lot now of course, as the damage to the seller's veracity has already been done.  There remains the taint from the previous auction snafu...  He may very well still be fishing for offers, but just not stating it so openly now.  Which, in a way, means that the seller was being _more_ honest with the original auction, which members got pulled from eBay because it smacked of dishonesty.  Ironic.  

Has anyone here actually had a bad transaction with this seller?

bonk!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:33 pm 

Does anyone know if the seller is the same person that supposedly picked up the ST1 mentioned in this thread?

viewtopic.php?t=6156&highlight=st1

I also think it kind of strange that the seller has essentially copied nearly the entire contents of the ST1 webpage from The Acaeum (including the links) and does not even mention The Acaeum anywhere in his auction description and not one single person has mentioned it in this thread.  Did anyone send an email to the seller or Ebay to complain about it?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:37 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Does anyone know if the seller is the same person that supposedly picked up the ST1 mentioned in this thread?

viewtopic.php?t=6156&highlight=st1

I mentioned it in my posting for the first auction 2 pages back:

bclarkie wrote:The aforementioned(in another thread), ST1:

Opening bid is extremely agressive though.

I would be extremely surprised if this wasn't the same guy.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:43 pm 

So Gary Kramer would be someone in the know...

bonk!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:27 pm 

With the "objectionable language" removed, I would hope that seller realizes that they should sell it to the highest bidder should there be one.  If that doesn't happen and it is sold to a 3rd party after the auction finishes, then the high bidder probably has some recourse through Ebay to file a non-selling seller.  It would also say a lot about the seller's character.

I don't have any doubt that the seller is genuine and whoever is willing to pay the most will get this copy but the whole auction is just a lazy listing.  Clearly, the seller knows of the Acaeum and if they wanted to test the market could easily have posted it in the classifieds to get some offers.  Instead it is whipped up onto Ebay with the might sell it here or might sell it to someone else clause.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:35 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
It got expensive because it was in still in shirnk.

I got my SW copy on eBay back in January 2007 for a grand total of 49.44 USD, shipping costs and insurance included.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:36 pm 

I didn't get the feeling that the seller wouldn't honour a winning bid on the ebay auction for the ST1 - the way I interpreted it from his words and the price it was listed at, if someone bid $2k and wins the auction, he'll sell at that price no problem.

But I don't think he was expecting to sell at that price. He knows that the "value" of an ST1 is probably $1200-1500, but he's hoping that there may be someone out there willing to pay $2k. So he listed it up - if it sells, he's pretty happy, but more realistically he expects to get offers closer to it's "worth".

Like Mars said, a better approach would be through the classifieds here. Or do what he is now doing - list at $2k without any reference to offers, as undoubtedly he'll get a bunch either way.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:41 pm 

bonk! wrote:
The item being relisted "minus the objectionable language" (bclarkie) doesn't mean a whole lot now of course, as the damage to the seller's veracity has already been done.  There remains the taint from the previous auction snafu...  He may very well still be fishing for offers, but just not stating it so openly now.  Which, in a way, means that the seller was being _more_ honest with the original auction, which members got pulled from eBay because it smacked of dishonesty.  Ironic.  

Has anyone here actually had a bad transaction with this seller?

bonk!

It'll still sell for a ton..but hopefully if so it will be in an legit auction, not some sort of "toss out your best offer and I may or may not let you have it" thing the guy was trying.  Again I agree with Mars, it's just an extremely lazy listing....what with the cut and paste from the Acaeum page (didn't Doug get absolutely eviscarated for doing this a few months ago?????), the extremely high opening bid, only two scans (and not very good scans, they look like the ones I toss out there when I'm listing a $9.99 item).  It just stinks of someone gauging interest in an item, trying to find out what it might be worth without actually selling it.  Nothing wrong with that, I guess, still....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:51 pm 

guerret wrote:
I got my SW copy on eBay back in January 2007 for a grand total of 49.44 USD, shipping costs and insurance included.

I guess you got lucky then, otherwise I am missing the point.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:05 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
I guess you got lucky then, otherwise I am missing the point.

The point is that I think >70 dollars for a SW WGA4 is overpriced. But then, I'm the first one who is ready to pay more than an item would actually deserve, but in those cases I don't feel proud*.

* Meaning I feel silly and prodigal.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:31 pm 

guerret wrote:
The point is that I think >70 dollars for a SW WGA4 is overpriced. But then, I'm the first one who is ready to pay more than an item would actually deserve, but in those cases I don't feel proud*.

* Meaning I feel silly and prodigal.

I respectfully disagree and for 2 reasons.  First off and foremost, opened copies of WGA4 typically sell in the $30 to $40 range, so $70 particualrly when looking at agaionst other modules and the differences they sell in-shrink versus unshrinked, $70 really could be considered undervalued.  :)  Secondly, I have been looking for a shrinked WGA4 for awhile now and thats the 1st one I have seen in a long, long time.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:44 pm 

R1 To the Aid of Falx

R2 The Investigation of Hydell no cover

http://cgi.ebay.com/R2-The-Investigatio ... dZViewItem

8O

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:04 pm 

smarmy1 wrote:R2 The Investigation of Hydell no cover

8O

pity. have spare r2 covers but way high for not excellent mod book with hole

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 54 of 114123 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 112113114