Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 52 of 114123 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 112113114
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:12 pm 

I was thinking that I had seen those exact pictures before...

I dunno, unless I had paid more for it I'd have been perfectly happy with selling for ~$1500. :D

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:23 pm 

Apparently, "very valuable" means "1500 more than any other copy." A shame that it did not sell.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:39 pm 

serleran wrote:Apparently, "very valuable" means "1500 more than any other copy." A shame that it did not sell.

agreed. surprise no agreement on price unless $1979 is that!! $1200-1400 more usual + several this year

eBay listings relist unsold jade hare + OD&D 1sts lower start this time. too late for christmas?? :) :)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:41 pm 

red_bus wrote:Regarding the woodgrain. Seller seems a nice and certainly helpful guy.  Here is his response on the prints: "They all fit nicely in the box, that is no larger than the books.  Probably average 4" x 6"."   That might reduce the probability that they are the once advertised TSR prints. Thought worth mentioning for everyone.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:37 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:It seems quite a divisive issue this 'contact'.

I agree with Brette, I hate the stuff. My heart sinks when I receive an item, which the Seller has neglected to mention is covered in contact. That then becomes a 'play' copy and I will seek another - but invariably I have then paid too much for my 'play' copy.

In the world of book collecting of which we are an offshoot. Contact and library markings drastically reduce the value of the books.

Perhaps we should have a poll?

And I ask you, is a 40 year old with an aesthetic unplayed (but not unread) book collection a gaming pansy?

Or is a 40 year old playing a elvish wizard, seeking cousel with the fairy king in the forest a gaming pansy?  :twisted:

:lol:   No need to get upset Hermit!   :lol:

Besides, it is obvious that we are talking gaming pansy, which isn't the same thing as....say...a football pansy or a military pansy...

Obviously, the gaming pansy is the one who doesn't play an elvish wizard!

But, I was more thinking in terms of the book being a pansy.  In which case I should have said, "...some gamers's pansy shelf."

That is, a shelf where the pansy books are kept.

I am just enough of a romantic to have a preference for the old gaming warhorses...books that got used.  I think the saddest words on Ebay are "never played" or "unread."   :cry:

Mark  8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:42 pm 

:D   Just having fun

But we seem to have different slang usage of the word pansy. Here it is equated with 'effeminate man' or 'loser'.

So, 'gaming pansy's shelf' conjured up an image of a foppish man sitting reading a book on floral arrangements, beneath a shelf of gaming books. If you ever saw 'The Goodies', I get a picture of Tim Brooke-Taylor protectively saying 'They're my books!'

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:16 am 

smarmy1 wrote:LOST TAMOACHAN #227 Dungeons Dragons Collectors Edition
#227 of 300 made in 1979 by TSR NEAR MINT CONDITION

:D

I bought #149 a couple of months ago, had only been out of the bag 3 times from the original owner and only paid $1226.00 ... sure I'd take #227 as well.... but probably in the same price range....

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:11 am 

The Fringe Dweller spies a T1-4 going cheap with little time left - but alas is that the gleam of the "DREADED CONTACT" he sees on the cover - you be the judge.

That should eliminate alot of members from bidding, should be able to pick this one up cheap for myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/T1-4-The-Temple- ... dZViewItem

The Fringe Dweller pulls the hood down level with his eyes and melds into the darkness, nearby the assassin stoops trying to discern his position...

Keeper of the Arcane

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:53 am 

Early Tegel Manor for the avid Judges Guild afficionados. Down Under is unearthing some interesting items lately - stay tuned 8) .

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Judges-Guild-Teg ... dZViewItem

The Fringe Dweller lets the platinum pieces fall from his grasp as he eyes the comely wench in the corner of the tavern.

Keeper of the Arcane

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:41 am 

The Fringe Dweller wrote:The Fringe Dweller spies a T1-4 going cheap with little time left - but alas is that the gleam of the "DREADED CONTACT" he sees on the cover - you be the judge.
That should eliminate alot of members from bidding, should be able to pick this one up cheap for myself.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

No need to worry... no contact present. I keep all my stuff in magazine bags, and am sometimes too lazy to remove them for photos.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:10 am 

The Fringe Dweller wrote:The Fringe Dweller spies a T1-4 going cheap with little time left - but alas is that the gleam of the "DREADED CONTACT" he sees on the cover - you be the judge.

Aha. A clever ploy to dissuade us contact-haters. I would not have bid had it not been for Mike's correction!  PDT_Armataz_01_22

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:40 pm 

The Fringe Dweller wrote:Early Tegel Manor for the avid Judges Guild afficionados. Down Under is unearthing some interesting items lately - stay tuned 8) .

The Fringe Dweller lets the platinum pieces fall from his grasp as he eyes the comely wench in the corner of the tavern.

No...wait...this one has contact paper TOO!  Dangit!  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:44 pm 

The Fringe Dweller wrote:The Fringe Dweller lets the platinum pieces fall from his grasp as he eyes the comely wench in the corner of the tavern.

By the way...my mental image of The Fringe Dweller....

I've settled on a version of Colin Hay in leather armor, carrying a claymore....possibly dressed in ragged Indiana Jones clothing...sort of like a Men at Work meets Road Warrior meets Conan sort of thing.

Oh, and with some sort of vicious marsupial predator as a companion.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:11 pm 

4th print box set and a load of very early supplements. A small collection from the 1st Dynasty of roleplaying, circa 1975/76.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:22 pm 

Be interesting to see what these go for, given their less than stellar condition.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:25 pm 

Very nice looking early MM

Let's go fly a kite

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:30 pm 

g026r wrote:Be interesting to see what these go for, given their less than stellar condition.

Agreed - nice lot though.  :D

Let's go fly a kite

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:37 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:So, 'gaming pansy's shelf' conjured up an image of a foppish man sitting reading a book on floral arrangements, beneath a shelf of gaming books. If you ever saw 'The Goodies', I get a picture of Tim Brooke-Taylor protectively saying 'They're my books!'

Goody-goody, yum-yum...

bonk!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 52 of 114123 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 112113114