Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 51 of 114123 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 112113114
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:52 pm 

ScketreWhisp wrote:I'd probably buy this for all you get in the deal, but it takes a few days to get $4000.00 moved to the Paypal account for immediate payment for the BIN... so as I wait 3 days for that to process... might as well post it so someone else can buy it first :)

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Although the seller cannot identify it, the signature on the last photograph, from Best of the Dragon Four, is probably that of Kim Mohan.

The signature is addressed to "Mike".  The seller is "nil8" (Douglas Niles?)

I wonder who the seller/original owner are/were.  :?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:52 pm 

ScketreWhisp wrote:heck I want to bid on the Designer Ghost when it shows up... hope he waits a bit :)

Its mine all mine :twisted:

Actually Degassy or TFM will likely win that one :?   I will have to give it the old college try though.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:58 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
The signature is addressed to "Mike".  The seller is "nil8" (Douglas Niles?)

The seller is: Daryl Lytle

But I'll ask where he got them originally...

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:00 pm 

Whoa now!  My post about Ghost Tower of Inverness was not intended to rile any feathers or in any way intended to demean or lessen the information available through this site or any one posting .  The use of the italicized "really" was to indicate MY surprise that you (meaning the posters on this board) would be interested enough to hear what I had to say.  I directed posters here to the other site simply because a dedicated thread had been started including pics and additional commentary.  I most sincerely apologize for any offense I have given whether intentional or otherwise.  In future I will keep my mouth shut ( or my fingers still) until specifically asked a question.  My apologies and best wishes to all. :oops:   :oops:

Maybe you could ask him to wait till after tax season....use your refund...just a thought.  Best wishes to all and oldtimer is signing out......

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:10 pm 

oldtimer wrote:...  In future I will keep my mouth shut ( or my fingers still) until specifically asked a question.  My apologies and best wishes to all. :oops:   :oops:

Will/Eric (not sure if you go by first/middle name)...

It's no problem, I don't think anything here was posted at you.. I think someone just made reference to the other site and brought up an old debate on a tag line they were looking to use etc... you are just fine... type all you want... think later ;)

Doug

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:18 pm 

oldtimer wrote:Whoa now!  My post about Ghost Tower of Inverness was not intended to rile any feathers

no feathers ruffled ;>
good information on other thread. some people prefer to stay on one site or other but can pm you if require

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:31 pm 

oldtimer wrote:Whoa now!  My post about Ghost Tower of Inverness was not intended to rile any feathers or in any way intended to demean or lessen the information available through this site or any one posting .  The use of the italicized "really" was to indicate MY surprise that you (meaning the posters on this board) would be interested enough to hear what I had to say.  I directed posters here to the other site simply because a dedicated thread had been started including pics and additional commentary.  I most sincerely apologize for any offense I have given whether intentional or otherwise.  In future I will keep my mouth shut ( or my fingers still) until specifically asked a question.  My apologies and best wishes to all. :oops:   :oops:

Let me clarify since it seems I unintentionally started this shit storm.  First off, I wasn't aware that you were the seller of the item, if I would have known I would have addressed it completely differently.  My being miffed is based on the history between these two forums(if you can really call it that at all, frankly I am not sure if most people know what it really is, but thats besides the point) share.  With that said, since you are new onto the scene, you clearly could not have known that and so please accept my apology for making it seem like my frustration was directed solely at you.  It wasn't.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:27 am 

zhowar wrote:

[ Image ]

Is this 3 original Greg Bell artworks, 1 Sutherland (the Stirges) and 1 other (looks like Jeff Dee boots on that swordsman...)? Or are these copies?

Mars wrote:
I think these might be the "Prints from Dungeons & Dragons" set 2: Witch, Hippogriff, Wizrds Fighting, Barbarian, Werewolf.   They are listed in the catalog pages of a number of GK logo'd early books.  So I don't think they are original drawings but rather larger prints.

This is a possibility, but there are some significant discrepancies. First, the top picture is from Blackmoor (pg 15) and is labeled "Hell Hounds" (this label appears replicated in the above "art print"). This could possibly have been used as a "Werewolf" art print. The second picture on the left is from Blackmoor (pg 25) and is labeled "Harpie". I suppose TSR could have used this as a "Witch", but I find this doubtful. The bottom left one is of Stirges (similar to the Monster Manual picture, but larger - I think I've seen this somewhere - Dragon magazine?). The second picture on the right could easily be a Barbarian, although the style of art looks quite different from the other pictures. Finally, the bottom right picture is from Blackmoor (pg 5) and shows a single "Wizard" rather than "Wizards Fighting" as listed in the "art print" set. A much more likely candidate for "Wizards Fighting" would be Bell's picture on the very last page of Men & Magic.

I just can't see any of these being a "Hippogriff" print. Wouldn't you expect TSR to just use the Hippogriff picture right off the cover of Underworld and Wilderness Adventures?

Furthermore, the size of the "Harpie" picture looks somewhat like a page taken right out of the Blackmoor book. Any chance these could all just be cut-outs from rulebooks?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:49 am 

Mattel handheld electronic D&D game w/box:

Lot of aerial combat rules including TSR's Air Power:

Birthright Players Secrets of Hogunmark:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:09 pm 

zhowar wrote:Any chance these could all just be cut-outs from rulebooks?

Anything is possible.  The D&D art prints sets are just suppose to be 8.5 X 11 reproductions of some of the art pieces from the rulebooks.  These looked like that is where they were from and a couple matched the description from Set 2.  The page sizes in this auction look proportional to 8.5 X 11 in some cases but the barbarian is not as wide.

I don't really know if the art prints were ever even sold.  Is this a research item here somewhere on the Acaeum?  The art prints are only listed in a few early GK logo TSR books and if some of the ones pictured are from Blackmoor then they could very well be too late to be them.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:03 pm 

If they are the prints - that would be very exciting, since as far as I have heard, no-one in the online D&D collecting community has ever actually seen these before.  There is always a first time for any rare collectible to show up, but as the years roll by, it does make it less likely that these are the once advertised prints.  The original ad refers to these as prints "from the rules booklets", which would likely rule the supplement Blackmoor out. I will email the seller to ask what the dimensions the pictures are.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Last edited by red_bus on Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:04 pm 

I had asked for posts of the images themselves, but they didn't show up before the BIN was used :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:59 pm 

grodog wrote:I had asked for posts of the images themselves, but they didn't show up before the BIN was used :D

The BIN hasn't been used on this one yet - that was another 1st print woodgrain.

EDIT:  actually I'm not sure if the other one is a first print or not?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:35 am 

DOWNUNDER DEALS DONE DIRT CHEAP

A cheap copy of the Duchy of Ten (with some page desecration

:() this shouldnt bother an avid PLAYER.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Dutchy-of-Ten-D- ... dZViewItem

Eight Dark Sun Modules plus seller has other Dark Sun Lots for sale.

with BIN

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Rare-Dark-Sun-Da ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Rare-Dark-Sun-Su ... dZViewItem

M5 Talons of Night

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/M3-Talons-of-Nig ... dZViewItem

The Fringe Dweller looses a lightning Bolt at the approaching Hill Giant, it bellows in pain and surges forward with renewed venom.

Keeper of the Arcane

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:41 am 

The Fringe Dweller wrote:DOWNUNDER DEALS DONE DIRT CHEAP
A cheap copy of the Duchy of Ten (with some page desecration
:() this shouldnt bother an avid PLAYER.

Eight Dark Sun Modules plus seller has other Dark Sun Lots for sale.
with BIN

M5 Talons of Night

The Fringe Dweller looses a lightning Bolt at the approaching Hill Giant, it bellows in pain and surges forward with renewed venom.

Some of the items are "covered" ie contact covered, I would have picked some of em up but that stopped me.. good for play coppies though..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:01 am 

beasterbrook wrote:
Some of the items are "covered" ie contact covered, I would have picked some of em up but that stopped me.. good for play coppies though..

Brette:)

What was it about an aversion to contact on books someone mentioned - oh thats right here it is :roll:

FormCritic wrote:Contact means they were intended for use, rather than sitting on some gaming pansy's shelf.  I say, go 'Stroins!

The Fringe Dweller scythes the air with his new found Sword of the Almighty, the glow from its blade illuminates the gleam of treasure in the caverns surrounding him.

Keeper of the Arcane

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:31 pm 

It seems quite a divisive issue this 'contact'.

I agree with Brette, I hate the stuff. My heart sinks when I receive an item, which the Seller has neglected to mention is covered in contact. That then becomes a 'play' copy and I will seek another - but invariably I have then paid too much for my 'play' copy.

In the world of book collecting of which we are an offshoot. Contact and library markings drastically reduce the value of the books.

Perhaps we should have a poll?

And I ask you, is a 40 year old with an aesthetic unplayed (but not unread) book collection a gaming pansy?

Or is a 40 year old playing a elvish wizard, seeking cousel with the fairy king in the forest a gaming pansy?  :twisted:

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:09 pm 

Regarding the woodgrain. Seller seems a nice and certainly helpful guy.  Here is his response on the prints: "They all fit nicely in the box, that is no larger than the books.  Probably average 4" x 6"."   That might reduce the probability that they are the once advertised TSR prints. Thought worth mentioning for everyone.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 51 of 114123 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 112113114