Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 49 of 114123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 112113114
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:01 am 

Mars wrote:
At one point it was proposed to formally add the tagline on Dragonsfoot to something like Dragonsfoot "The premier 1st Edition AD&D site".

The premier site devoted to off-topic discussions involving hot chicks, who should play Conan in a new movie, and ripping on war memorials. Ok, I'm generalizing, but at any one time there are several dozen open topics dealing with non gaming/D&D areas of interest rather than anything having to do with gaming or D&D, 1st edition or otherwise.  Hell, most of the time it's hard to FIND a D&D related thread...sheesh.
  And as a side note, the lack of gaming knowledge/basic intelligence from a lot of posters on that site are enough to drive me nuts...I don't know how regular posters here who also post there do it without going mad.  Call me elitist...but I LIKE having the discourse set at a certain bar without having to go under.....sometimes WAAAAAY under....to fill in the lowest common denominator.
  Maybe they should be the premier 1st edition AD&D site, and we can be the premier OD&D/D&D/AD&D Collector's site.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:28 am 

Nice looking Bloodstone Pass in shrink:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:11 pm 

sweet cougar bait :) :)

here kitty kitty =sharpens talons=

Badmike wrote:The premier site devoted to off-topic discussions involving hot chicks, who should play Conan in a new movie, and ripping on war memorials.

:lol: :lol: rizak would be proud

rpga1 minis sw but torn  
only one $20 bid near auction end

less common ephemera  
+ has all bagged transfers

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:28 pm 

Who cares if DragonsAss uses the tag line? It's just words. A real collector knows where the dog died.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:51 pm 

Mars wrote:At one point it was proposed to formally add the tagline on Dragonsfoot to something like Dragonsfoot "The premier 1st Edition AD&D site".

This was a while back and I don't think anything became of it.  Brian's statement using "premier" just reminded me of it and made me chuckle.  Dragonsfoot has a few extremists who can't fathom that people who play D&D haven't heard of Dragonsfoot or that some people use other forums.

Although I don't read much in the various forums on Dragonsfoot, I am hoping that there are more focused discussions in the specific groups dedicated to various games.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:09 pm 

Mars wrote:
This was a while back and I don't think anything became of it.  Brian's statement using "premier" just reminded me of it and made me chuckle.  Dragonsfoot has a few extremists who can't fathom that people who play D&D haven't heard of Dragonsfoot or that some people use other forums.

Although I don't read much in the various forums on Dragonsfoot, I am hoping that there are more focused discussions in the specific groups dedicated to various games.

The point of my post was due to being hacked off a bit at the selling of a competing forum to this one on this site.  History of the other forums origins aside, its in pretty bad taste to do it and so I got a bit narked about it and said what I said.  It really wasn't meant to start a debate on the who the best for what was and I am sorry if it came off that way. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:38 pm 

bclarkie wrote:It really wasn't meant to start a debate on the who the best for what was and I am sorry if it came off that way. :)

My post wasn't meant to do this either.  Each forum out there, whether its Dragonsfoot, Acaeum, Tome of Treasures, has its own flavour which appeals to different people.

The seller of the Inverness could have been a bit more tactful in his approach  or simply reposted the info here but there is some interesting info on Tome of Treasures for anyone interested in bidding on it.  I'm sure most of it will be reposted when the auction gets going but its there for those who want a sneak peak.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:39 pm 

I'd probably buy this for all you get in the deal, but it takes a few days to get $4000.00 moved to the Paypal account for immediate payment for the BIN... so as I wait 3 days for that to process... might as well post it so someone else can buy it first :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:55 pm 

Wanna sell me the woody if you end up winning it?   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:02 pm 

bombadil wrote:Wanna sell me the woody if you end up winning it?   :D

It had a $4000.00 BIN, but you had to pay immediately... so I figured I'd bid on the item for now and BIN it when I got the money transferred... well I had no clue the BIN goes away when you place a bid !!!

So now, there is no reason to transfer the money until after it's over since you have 7 days to pay.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:04 pm 

ScketreWhisp wrote:
It had a $4000.00 BIN, but you had to pay immediately... so I figured I'd bid on the item for now and BIN it when I got the money transferred... well I had no clue the BIN goes away when you place a bid !!!

So now, there is no reason to transfer the money until after it's over since you have 7 days to pay.

Well, technically your could retract your bid when you have the cash ready and then use the BIN, as the BIN will reappear with your bid is retracted.  This of course becomes moot if someone else bids in the mean time.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:07 pm 

ScketreWhisp wrote:So now, there is no reason to transfer the money until after it's over since you have 7 days to pay.

who knows sale price will not now be $5000+

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:08 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Well, technically your could retract your bid when you have the cash ready and then use the BIN

:lol: has been done before

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:14 pm 

watches bid retraction :) :)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:16 pm 

was fun spectator sport thank you ^v^
happy enough about apparent age toning?? looked variable + not sure if camera or mix & match contents

Last edited by Rakeesh sah Tarna on Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:18 pm 

Ok BClarkie ... thanx for the tip .. though I hated to do a bid retraction since I am sure those look bad on bidding history....

But I realized my Checking account with the money is linked to my PayPal account (I knew one was, just didn't know both were) ... so I was able to make immediate payment.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:20 pm 

ScketreWhisp wrote:Ok BClarkie ... thanx for the tip .. though I hated to do a bid retraction since I am sure those look bad on bidding history....

almost noone cares about these. as long as not active shiller will not be issue am sure

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:20 pm 

ScketreWhisp wrote:Ok BClarkie ... thanx for the tip .. though I hated to do a bid retraction since I am sure those look bad on bidding history....

But I realized my Checking account with the money is linked to my PayPal account (I knew one was, just didn't know both were) ... so I was able to make immediate payment.

Congrats on the buy it now.  Lot of cool items in that lot :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 49 of 114123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 112113114