Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 5 of 11412, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 112113114
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:29 pm 

red_bus wrote: Sorry no link (I don't keep 'em).

Here's a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0112102234

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:31 pm 

-  
** expired/removed eBay auction **
[/quote]

thank you both forgot to save that :oops: :oops:

$933 set was good yes. genuine hybrid set faded side label but sweet condition i thought better than $1999 set for wear. had to bid that one :) :)

---

oh found that $560 set saved in other folder when saving :oops: :oops:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:45 am 

For those interested in the modules from the RPGA mags:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... :B:SS:AU:1

Condition 3 hole punched etc.

US only

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:19 am 

red_bus wrote:
(apologies to the seller or buyer if my grading harsh or inaccurate, it is mainly for my own use/records)

Right on from my perspective.  The $1999 BIN 2nd print looks fab, but missing ref. sheets??  The one I picked up had them included, so curious on that point.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:44 am 

Really nice OCE:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1974-DUNGEONS-DRAGO ... dZViewItem

Tractics:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:37 am 

Gammarauders still in shrink:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:25 pm 

- Really nice OCE:

- http://cgi.ebay.com/1974-DUNGEONS-DRAGO ... dZViewItem

small crease?? anybody else have oce with chits?? :) :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:37 pm 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:- Really nice OCE:
-  

small crease?? anybody else have oce with chits?? :) :)

At least its white.  Moreso than most of the "white boxes" I normally see on Ebay.  :scratch:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:33 pm 

- At least its white.  Moreso than most of the "white boxes" I normally see on Ebay.  :scratch:[/quote]
agreeing with you there discolor most easily. if that was really only a small crease set would be a gem i think

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:22 pm 

AdderMcOne wrote:For those interested in the modules from the RPGA mags:

Good timing...

One of those adventures is "Witchstone", from Polyhedron 21.

Nov 1984.  Witchstone AD&D adventure; Why Gargoyles Don't Have Wings, But Should!; Take Command of a Titan; Five New NPCs; Module
Building from A to Z

A few pages back I posted a link to an auction for a GM copy of a "Witchstone" tournament from Gen Con South in 1983. At the time, I didn't realize it was also a published adventure.

zhowar wrote:"DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS 1983 GENCON WITCHSTONE RPGA MODULE"
Up for auction is a GM copy of Witchstone, which is an RPGA module run at Gencon South in 1983. The first paragraph of the introduction reads:

"This is the RPGA module for GENCON SOUTH 1983.  The module is divided into three sections: The Journey to the Hills of the Giants, The Hill Witch and a special section for the DM which includes PC stats, THACO sheets, and monster sheets with the amount of damage each monster can take."

Also included in the auction is Gencon XIII program booklet from 1980.

Grodog, is this new information for your tournament page? I see you have some Gen Con South listings but not this one.

I can't make out the author's name on Witchstone. Can some with Polyhedron 21 look it up?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:18 am 

[quote="The Fringe Dweller"]Judges Guild "Dark Tower" - I always liked Judge Dread myself :lol: .

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Dungeons-Dragons ... dZViewItem

I contacted the Seller on this one and can confirm it is actuallya 4th print. Given the three hole punch, it is not worth much.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:17 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:
The Fringe Dweller wrote:Judges Guild "Dark Tower" - I always liked Judge Dread myself :lol: .

I contacted the Seller on this one and can confirm it is actuallya 4th print. Given the three hole punch, it is not worth much.

Bid on it anyway.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:18 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:
The Fringe Dweller wrote:Judges Guild "Dark Tower" - I always liked Judge Dread myself :lol: .

you would be daft for not snapping up a dark tower for that much man!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:53 pm 

Well. Let' see. I will put in another bid at the end. However, according to our JG subweb. We have 4th print fair condition valued at US$5 or $6.50 Australian. You both clearly think it is worth more than that? It may be just that I have a seething dislike of three-hole punched items!!!

Librarians destroy old books, by wrapping them in plastic, stamping them and gluing in bits of paper. Roleplayers destroy great old items by punching holes through them!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:07 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Well. Let' see. I will put in another bid at the end. However, according to our JG subweb. We have 4th print fair condition valued at US$5 or $6.50 Australian. You both clearly think it is worth more than that? It may be just that I have a seething dislike of three-hole punched items!!!

Librarians destroy old books, by wrapping them in plastic, stamping them and gluing in bits of paper. Roleplayers destroy great old items by punching holes through them!

1)  The Acaeum JG subweb price is obviously not accurate in this case.  Not accurate even by 200%....maybe 400 to 500%.  1000%?  2000%?  Hell, that price quote of $5 is nuts and I can only assume that it doesn't mean what it appears to mean.  I have no idea why it says $5 for an item that should routinely be expected to sell for $30 to $50 or more.

2)  I love to purchase former library copies...I like the special covers on the paperbacks and the repaired binding on the hardbacks that makes them totally useful.  Hell, if I had had access to librarian craftsmanship back in the day, I might have had all my D&D books re-bound by them.  Librarian binding would have saved many lives in the 80's...tragically lost to exploding copies of Oriental Adventures...possibly the most poorly bound game book ever made by someone besides Games Workshop.  Just think of how many Second Edition AD&D books might have lived had they had expert binding help!

My copy of Heroic Worlds is a former library copy...purchased just for that reason.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:07 am 

Well, you've convinced me to bid on it again. Obviously I should have hit the BIN when it was $12.

But down here in Australia we are roleplaybibliophilatelically-challenged. Tiny market, few items. Although I am involved in monitoring JG prices, I have little concept as to what they are worth. Also having got a Mint Installment W and some of the early newspaper journals for a few bucks over here a couple of years ago, I am finding myself surprised at the growing interest in JG as a collectible. I suspect the sub-web here is contributing. It used to be so hard to figure out what bits and pieces one had with JG

I'll raise the low price of that Dark Tower with the Board!!! :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:22 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Well, you've convinced me to bid on it again. Obviously I should have hit the BIN when it was $12.

But down here in Australia we are roleplaybibliophilatelically-challenged. Tiny market, few items. Although I am involved in monitoring JG prices, I have little concept as to what they are worth. Also having got a Mint Installment W and some of the early newspaper journals for a few bucks over here a couple of years ago, I am finding myself surprised at the growing interest in JG as a collectible. I suspect the sub-web here is contributing. It used to be so hard to figure out what bits and pieces one had with JG

I'll raise the low price of that Dark Tower with the Board!!! :)

if i lived in the same country as the $12 BIN, i would have snapped it for that. as its hard enough to get hold of. if you havent got a copy of dark tower, its good enough until you get a better copy or are happy enough with that one. a much better condition one, you are going to be swamped with peeps bidding against you anyways and don't forget, you are getting an additional item too, which is also worth a few $ too.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:01 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
1)  The Acaeum JG subweb price is obviously not accurate in this case.  Not accurate even by 200%....maybe 400 to 500%.  1000%?  2000%?  Hell, that price quote of $5 is nuts and I can only assume that it doesn't mean what it appears to mean.  I have no idea why it says $5 for an item that should routinely be expected to sell for $30 to $50 or more.

Have you looked at the price for this on the site? The $5 quote was for the low end of the 4th print spectrum..you'll see the NM values to be much higher then that.

The Valuation Board has only had about 3 months to collect data, so yes in the beginning somethings maybe off, but time will slowly correct the oddities.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 5 of 11412, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 112113114