Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 41 of 114123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 112113114
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:24 pm 

evl wrote:
I guess the sun does shine on a dog's ass once in a while (me being the dog in this case).

Thanks for the heads-up on that one, bclarkie.

No Problem. Glad someone here won it, especially for that cheap.  :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:53 pm 

bclarkie wrote:While based on the price it seems the cat is already somewhat out of the bag, but hey what the hell lets throw some gasoline on that fire while we are at it:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0170161466

Real nice looking copy of Nightventures Rahasia. :)

It shold also be noted that the seller has a few other fun non-TSR items as well.

Check out his E-mail from Ebay:

Dear blackmoor ([email protected]),

The listing in which you were a bidding participant:

** expired/removed eBay auction **
- Rahasia scenario RPG 1979 Nightventures 1 night D&D

has been ended by eBay. Since the listing was ended by eBay, for the transaction itself is null and void.

1st Choice - We ended the listing due to bidding activity that took place without the authorization of the owner of one of the accounts that bid on the listing. We have ended the listing to maintain the integrity of the eBay site and the bidder?s account that was accessed. We are working to restore the bidding account to its rightful owner, and we are working with the account owner to prevent any additional unauthorized activity.
or
2nd Choice - Due to privacy concerns, we cannot disclose the exact reason the listing itself was ended. However, we can inform you that we did not take any action on the seller's account for this listing.

ADD to either choice: As a result, we have informed the seller that they may relist their item if they wish to do so. Please feel free to re-bid on this item under the new item number. To locate the new item number, please check the sellers list of items at:

http://pages.ebay.com/search/items/search_seller.html

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and we thank you for being a part of the eBay trading community.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)

I wonder what happened :?:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:00 pm 

I got this too.  Its kinda strange because I think I received the end of auction, I didn't win message and then shortly after received this.  So it seemed like the auction ended fine but then something happened?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:35 pm 

Mars wrote:I got this too.  Its kinda strange because I think I received the end of auction, I didn't win message and then shortly after received this.  So it seemed like the auction ended fine but then something happened?

I also received this notice.  A couple of things to note that I know of this auction:

1)  Yes, it did the auction did in fact come to a conclusion.  Why it was cancelled after the fact, I have absolutely no idea. :?

2)   The winning bidder was this guy:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... llFeedback

And the final auction total was ~$1450 give or take with douglaswrhea coming in 2nd place.  

From what I saw, everyting seemed to be on the up and up so I am as clueless as the you guys are as to why it got yanked. I am not sure if any of this sheds any light on the reason why it got yanked, but is all that I know right now.

<edit> For the record, this is the seller:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... llFeedback

They still have items up and running currently, so I am as clueless as ever about it all.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:25 pm 

I just heard back from the seller on this and he asked me to spread the word.  The auction was cancelled because bap454's Ebay account was apparently hijacked and he wasn't really bidding.

Since the auction was cancelled, the seller can't sell it as a second chance offer either so it is going to be relisted on Monday.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:52 pm 

Mars wrote:I just heard back from the seller on this and he asked me to spread the word.  The auction was cancelled because bap454's Ebay account was apparently hijacked and he wasn't really bidding.

Since the auction was cancelled, the seller can't sell it as a second chance offer either so it is going to be relisted on Monday.

Sounds pretty strange :?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:15 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
Sounds pretty strange :?

It happens...I've had Ebay cancel a couple of mine because of ebay name hijacking...

Look at the winner, look at his history, is there any way that guy was the guy that was bidding?  Looks very suspicious.....makes sense it was a stolen id.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:20 am 

Happened to my soon-to-be sister-in-law, too. Some skank snagged the ID and it was hell over Moses to get it back.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:53 am 

Got the same message.

And the ride starts again Monday!

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:03 pm 

Here is the wierd thing about the whole hijacked bidder thing though.  That bid came in with less than a minute to go(virtually a snipe) and the auction was cancelled completely within 30 minutes or so of the auction's completion.  Weird, just wierd.  :?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:10 pm 

Almost sounds like a "oh my god, I didn't want to spend that much!! Oh, I know! It wasn't me.... yeah, that's right. I didn't bid that." No idea if that's true, but it does have the potential BO.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:49 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Here is the wierd thing about the whole hijacked bidder thing though.  That bid came in with less than a minute to go(virtually a snipe) and the auction was cancelled completely within 30 minutes or so of the auction's completion.  Weird, just wierd.  :?

I thought it was strange too - seems like way to quick a response for Ebay.  I am guessing that the bap454 found out his Ebay account was hijacked when he received an email stating he'd won a $1500 auction.  Then he contacted Ebay to find out what was going on and then Ebay cancelled the auction.  That's an amazing response time for Ebay.  Also, wouldn't bap454 have their account frozen or deregistered?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:43 pm 

Nice lot

$50BIN with GDQ and I3-5

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:18 pm 

Not good, Wook. One has water damage, usually no biggie, but the other has MILD-EWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:40 am 

It is back (The Rahasia)

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Yes I put in a marker bid so Rakeesh sah Tarna can keep his yap shut about me "protecting my Gencon purchase'

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:37 am 

So what does everyone think, higher or lower end price this time?

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:34 am 

Sorry, I can't buy into the "stolen user id" thing. The ID gets stolen and the thief happens to bid on an ultra-rare D&D book? Please............

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:52 am 

Yeah, sounded suspicious to me, too.  Something doesn't add up about it.

Let mirth prevail!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 41 of 114123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 112113114