Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 16 of 114123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 112113114
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:32 pm 

Yes. I watched the last few minutes fully expecting a bit of a surge. No surge. Great win, a woodie, basic set, X-10 with counters, etc...

Congratulations!!! :D

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:05 pm 

- Yes. I watched the last few minutes fully expecting a bit of a surge. No surge. Great win, a woodie, basic set, X-10 with counters, etc...
- Congratulations!!! :D
stapled 3rd chainmail > basic set + X10. watching as well but no interest. terrible time to finish + terrible photos + no foreign bidders = bargain price

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:42 pm 

old dice closing in two hours no bids  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:44 pm 

Not a bad lot of items, even though S&H is high, as they would all fit in a large flat rate box. I really loved the irony of the seller's name versus the name of the current high bidder :lol:

We just have to get these two together :wink:

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:46 pm 

- old dice closing in two hours no bids  
[/quote]

kawf predictable kawf :lol: :lol:

x10 da4 h2 i12 still not bad price here next four hours eBay listings

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:39 pm 

I really kicked myself over missing this one. I found this listing by chance and I was waiting to bid, but I was stuck at work & got home & logged on to eBay about a minute after the auction ended. I was sooooo pissed :evil:

These mono modules go for about $30.00 each recently and I just can not bring myself to go that high, but these went for a very nice price :cry:

I even tried contacting the buyer & seller, but the buyer was not even interested in making a quick $20 to let them go. Oh well, have to keep waiting . . . and waiting . . . and waiting . . .

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:48 am 

Can you blame him for not wanting to take $20..........

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:40 am 

Dwarven Glory and Misty Isles

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :B:SS:US:1

-dave

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:21 pm 

dsaunders wrote:Dwarven Glory and Misty Isles

These are mine.  I just revised the grade on the Dwarven Glory (from NM to VF).  While I note in the original posting that there is rust on the interior staples (that hasn't transferred to the page) I still graded it NM.  Per acaeum guidelines an NM grade item can't have any rust on any staple.  VF grade does permit a little rust, as long as the rust hasn't transferred (as is the case with my copy of TDG).  Apologies for the misgrade.  I've offered to provide either free insurance or take $2.00 off shipping (assuming no other items were purchased) for whomever wins the auction.  I looked at my other auctions and this is the only misgrade I've made.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:26 pm 

tdewey10 wrote:
These are mine.  I just revised the grade on the Dwarven Glory (from NM to VF).  While I note in the original posting that there is rust on the interior staples (that hasn't transferred to the page) I still graded it NM.  Per acaeum guidelines an NM grade item can't have any rust on any staple.  VF grade does permit a little rust, as long as the rust hasn't transferred (as is the case with my copy of TDG).  Apologies for the misgrade.  I've offered to provide either free insurance or take $2.00 off shipping (assuming no other items were purchased) for whomever wins the auction.  I looked at my other auctions and this is the only misgrade I've made.

I've been meaning to ask, but what's the deal with the rather high S&H charges?  $10.25 for Priority Mial when its going to cost you $4.60 to ship it?  :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:51 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

I've been meaning to ask, but what's the deal with the rather high S&H charges?  $10.25 for Priority Mial when its going to cost you $4.60 to ship it?  :?

Well some of the extra is for a shipping box (I use hard cardboard boxes that cost about 1.25 each to ship).   I think the biggest problem is that I used the cost service and didn't offer first class as an option (so everything is listed at the priority price) -- I'll try and see if I can fix it so first class is listed as an option.  

On the plus side if you buy multiple items it all ships for the same price (Ashes box set and insurance issues excepted).

Edit: Won't let me add First Class at this time.   I'll figure something out with whoever wins the items to reduce shipping costs.  First time I've sold on ebay (previously I just bought).   Shipping is too high internationally too using the in-built calculator and no way to turn it off w/o cancelling and restarting the auctions.

Last edited by tdewey10 on Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:56 pm 

tdewey10 wrote:
Well some of the extra is for a shipping box (I use hard cardboard boxes that cost about 1.25 each to ship).   I think the biggest problem is that I used the cost service and didn't offer first class as an option (so everything is listed at the priority price) -- I'll try and see if I can fix it so first class is listed as an option.  

On the plus side if you buy multiple items it all ships for the same price (Ashes box set and insurance issues excepted).

Priority Mail boxes are free though.  You don't need anything other than that, except maybe some bubble wrap.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:00 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Priority Mail boxes are free though.  You don't need anything other than that, except maybe some bubble wrap.

http://www.writersstore.com/product.php ... ts_id=2061

I generally use these, inside the boxes.  I don't support bubble wrap :-)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:12 pm 

tdewey10 wrote:
http://www.writersstore.com/product.php ... ts_id=2061

I generally use these, inside the boxes.  I don't support bubble wrap :-)

Okay, thats $2.59 each.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:15 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Okay, thats $2.60 each.

Well I have some from when they were a little cheaper price went up since I bought them last -- but may need to buy a few more depending on who buys what.   But in any event as noted I'll figure out the shipping with the buyer -- I agree it is higher than it should be right now.   I should have done a flat fee for the US and another for International.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:57 pm 

tdewey10 wrote:Shipping is too high internationally too using the in-built calculator and no way to turn it off w/o cancelling and restarting the auctions.

Make sure international shipping really is too high before you turn it off.  You'd be surprised how much it costs these days.  You are right that a flat rate works well in the US.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:12 pm 

- Make sure international shipping really is too high before you turn it off.  You'd be surprised how much it costs these days.  You are right that a flat rate works well in the US.[/quote]
missed other thread sorry. 20 pound flat rate box to canada is $23 -5% online but ebay calculator shows about same price for small packet. seems worse since new usps rates but good news for local buyers

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:16 pm 

lucyjoyce wrote:
Make sure international shipping really is too high before you turn it off.  You'd be surprised how much it costs these days.  You are right that a flat rate works well in the US.

Can't figure out how to turn off the calculator w/o redoing the entire auction which I'm not going to do.  I'll probably just add a note saying that I'll try to figure out cheaper shipping if an international buyer picks something up.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 16 of 114123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 112113114