Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 94 of 103123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 101102103
Author

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1295
Joined: Nov 06, 2002
Last Visit: May 14, 2013
Location: Essex, UK

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:40 pm 
 

Hi,

be careful on the "GM"s.

There is a UK mag of that name which isnt worth that much.

The ones worth a bit of money was a set of SCENARIOS called GM1 - 5, of which 1 and 2 are worth dosh.

Cheers,
Malc

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5634
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:42 pm 
 

I was going to name him Lemon, but fruit will do.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:43 pm 
 

lawrenson wrote:Hi,

be careful on the "GM"s.

There is a UK mag of that name which isnt worth that much.

The ones worth a bit of money was a set of SCENARIOS called GM1 - 5, of which 1 and 2 are worth dosh.

Cheers,
Malc


So, how much is a Dosh worth?
Slang doesnt mean the same to folks in other areas of the world.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2737
Joined: May 31, 2007
Last Visit: Mar 22, 2021

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:52 pm 
 

Contextually, dosh would appear to mean "a pretty penny" which is, of course, "a good amount of money."


Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6355
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 29, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:23 pm 
 

'Twat'. Isn't that a fish?

I'm looking for a minty copy of GM1 A Flight of Eagles, and I'll just push the price up until I get sniped at the last minute by TFM or Lance. Same goes for a minty copy of Starstone, but condition really is key.

Maybe the market has been so low 'cos I've been away and not overinflating things with my excessive bidding {Remembers fondly paying $800 for an unfoldered PoVQ and $215 for a UK Basic}. I really make a loss on things sometimes just to get the PDF done.

Hey, you don't have the dark blue UK basic book from Games Workshop do you, Kiwi?


This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

 WWW  


Active Collector

Posts: 37
Joined: May 13, 2008
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2014

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:34 pm 
 

serleran wrote:Would you have preferred being called a bird which also has the implication of being a woman (insert your own Monty Python sketch here)? I'm not the one who gave myself the name kiwi. ;) It was not meant offensively -- I'd have made that clear otherwise.

Welcome to the Acaeum.


LOL ! An American who understands British humour to boot. Very rare.

  


Active Collector

Posts: 37
Joined: May 13, 2008
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2014

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:37 pm 
 

lawrenson wrote:Hi,

be careful on the "GM"s.

There is a UK mag of that name which isnt worth that much.

The ones worth a bit of money was a set of SCENARIOS called GM1 - 5, of which 1 and 2 are worth dosh.

Cheers,
Malc


Funny you should say that....I've got a set of them also. Won't bother putting 'em on ebay now though.

  


Active Collector

Posts: 37
Joined: May 13, 2008
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2014

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:39 pm 
 

lawrenson wrote:Hi,

be careful on the "GM"s.

There is a UK mag of that name which isnt worth that much.

The ones worth a bit of money was a set of SCENARIOS called GM1 - 5, of which 1 and 2 are worth dosh.

Cheers,
Malc


And I do also have the entire set of the GM modules, which I will be selling. If i can find 'em. I have a horrible feeling i may have given them away years ago with my Tunnels & Trolls stuff.

  


Active Collector

Posts: 37
Joined: May 13, 2008
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2014

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:40 pm 
 

Deadlord39 wrote:I was going to name him Lemon, but fruit will do.


Lemon ????  Dammit I'm joining a Runequest forum instead.

  


Active Collector

Posts: 37
Joined: May 13, 2008
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2014

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:42 pm 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:'Twat'. Isn't that a fish?

I'm looking for a minty copy of GM1 A Flight of Eagles, and I'll just push the price up until I get sniped at the last minute by TFM or Lance. Same goes for a minty copy of Starstone, but condition really is key.

Maybe the market has been so low 'cos I've been away and not overinflating things with my excessive bidding {Remembers fondly paying $800 for an unfoldered PoVQ and $215 for a UK Basic}. I really make a loss on things sometimes just to get the PDF done.

Hey, you don't have the dark blue UK basic book from Games Workshop do you, Kiwi?


yep. But i hole punched it.  Seriously though yes I do have one. Condition isn't fantastic though.

  


Active Collector

Posts: 37
Joined: May 13, 2008
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2014

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:43 pm 
 

[quote="mbassoc2003"]'Twat'. Isn't that a fish?

It can sometimes smell of..........no, i'll stop there before I really am expelled.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6077
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 29, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:48 pm 
 

serleran wrote:It was not meant offensively -- I'd have made that clear otherwise.


I thought that was clear from the picture er uh post.  I doubt that this set will get the same result as previous newsletters.  The big reason being the No1 bidder now has a set.  I would be surprised if this one hits 100 pounds.

The GM magazines aren't worth much more than shipping.

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:53 pm 
 

kiwi17 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:'Twat'. Isn't that a fish?

It can sometimes smell of..........no, i'll stop there before I really am expelled.

You'll have to do a lot worse than that to get kicked off of here.

 YIM  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2117
Joined: Jul 25, 2007
Last Visit: Jul 29, 2021
Location: Far Harad, Texas

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:56 pm 
 

deimos3428 wrote:You'll have to do a lot worse than that to get kicked off of here.


Such as insulting the virtue of female lemurs. That might get you kicked off.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5634
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:17 pm 
 

Wouldn't female lemurs be called femurs for short?


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:56 pm 
 

Deadlord39 wrote:Wouldn't female lemurs be called femurs for short?


Just dont call them Shrews...............


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:30 pm 
 

sauromatian wrote:
Such as insulting the virtue of female lemurs. That might get you kicked off.

Probably not off the Acaeum, but woe to those that say such things on Lemur Chat. :P

 YIM  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:19 pm 
 

kiwi17 wrote:
yep. But i hole punched it.  Seriously though yes I do have one. Condition isn't fantastic though.


if you have starstone and its battered and holepunched. i would be interested in it, cos it will then be worth around the price i want to pay as i just want a playing copy.

Al



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:20 pm 
 

Aneoth wrote:
Just dont call them Shrews...............


oh Anny, dosh is just UK slang for money.

"i havent got any money" - "i havent got any dosh"

Al



  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 450
Joined: Jun 24, 2007
Last Visit: Sep 17, 2012
Location: UK

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:31 pm 
 

So anyway... is the fight happening or not?

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 94 of 103123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 101102103