Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 93 of 103123 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 101102103
Author


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3798
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2021

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:57 am 
 

Nice way to come back with honesty and self-effacement, kiwi.  I'm sure everything'll be fine now.

Especially if you have a ton of rare stuff to auction off.   :D


Let mirth prevail!

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:40 am 
 

kiwi17 wrote:

Now why couldn't someone have just sent a response like this in the first place !!! :0)

Point taken....now I know for future sales. I kinda thought that having 100% on 350-odd auctions would have been some sort of indicator of honesty though.

Think you are wrong about the muppet comment though. I hope so anyway, otherwise it makes me look a bit like a muppet.....

Interesting remark about the pix - didn't think of that one.  Assumed that people would realise it wasn't a stock photo.

Cheers.


Selllers have often copied pictures from this site (for instance) to post to E-Bay listings (This is of course not very nice and may be against E-Bay Policy). Linking to an outside web site is also apparently a NO NO. Several auctions have been closed recently by E-Bay for listing and linking to this site as an information source.

Sometimes a seller will fail to mention that the picture in a listing is NOT the item being sold. In fact this is SOOO common that MANY large stores on E-Bay state in the auction that the picture is the actual item in that specific lisrting and others state that the picture is a stock photo and that the desription is the way to determine that items actual condition.

IMO: The pictures in your listing show FAR more detail than words usually do. I had no trouble at all determining that those issues had been hole punched and I never had a problem bidding on your auction, even with the hole punched condition. That is until they got to a price I am not willing to spend for them. They are after all just 12 single large sheets of double sided press printed paper folded in two.....  :roll:

I also never saw any reason for sending you any nasty notes or to resort to name calling.

And even though those above who spouted out about muppets and bad seller behavior in your listing (I agree that they MIGHT have a limited point in this case)  I feel that they went overboard in the critisim and harrasment too.

There are some here who take this hobby FAR more seriously than they should.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:21 am 
 

er anny "some" of the above eh?

:roll:



  


Active Collector

Posts: 37
Joined: May 13, 2008
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2014

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am 
 

bombadil wrote:Nice way to come back with honesty and self-effacement, kiwi.  I'm sure everything'll be fine now.

Especially if you have a ton of rare stuff to auction off.   :D


Cheers. Yes I do have a fair bit of old stuff to sell. Trouble is locating it (my attic is kinda like narnia).

  


Active Collector

Posts: 37
Joined: May 13, 2008
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2014

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:32 am 
 

Aneoth wrote:
Selllers have often copied pictures from this site (for instance) to post to E-Bay listings (This is of course not very nice and may be against E-Bay Policy). Linking to an outside web site is also apparently a NO NO. Several auctions have been closed recently by E-Bay for listing and linking to this site as an information source.

Sometimes a seller will fail to mention that the picture in a listing is NOT the item being sold. In fact this is SOOO common that MANY large stores on E-Bay state in the auction that the picture is the actual item in that specific lisrting and others state that the picture is a stock photo and that the desription is the way to determine that items actual condition.

IMO: The pictures in your listing show FAR more detail than words usually do. I had no trouble at all determining that those issues had been hole punched and I never had a problem bidding on your auction, even with the hole punched condition. That is until they got to a price I am not willing to spend for them. They are after all just 12 single large sheets of double sided press printed paper folded in two.....  :roll:

I also never saw any reason for sending you any nasty notes or to resort to name calling.

And even though those above who spouted out about muppets and bad seller behavior in your listing (I agree that they MIGHT have a limited point in this case)  I feel that they went overboard in the critisim and harrasment too.

There are some here who take this hobby FAR more seriously than they should.


Thank you Aneoth - the voice of reason.

:D Nunc novi quid Manipupa sentiat.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 671
Joined: Dec 17, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 13, 2019
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:44 am 
 

Let me be a little Blackmoorish now...

SO! Any interesting items up for auction today?

 ICQ  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6402
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 25, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:47 am 
 

Kiwi17 - Okay. Sorry for flaming you. It was a sharp introduction to a board that is normally very welcoming of strangers. Your set of PANs are doing better than I thought they would, but then we don't see those on eBay too often. It's been a long time since we've had the Tortured Souls rare issues up (10 and 12), and GameMaster Publications GM1 A Flight of Eagles, and GM2 Find the Lady, haven't been seen in these parts for a long time too. GM1 could hit £100 in the right condition. And if you've got ST1 Up The Garden Path, you're minted.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:01 am 
 

kiwi17 wrote:
Thank you Aneoth - the voice of reason.

:D Nunc novi quid Manipupa sentiat.


Nunc novi quid Manipupa sentiat.
Now I know what a Muppet feels like.

So someone has his/her hand up your backside?
lol

And your welcome.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM


Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Fri May 16, 2008 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4750
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: May 05, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:04 am 
 

guerret wrote:Let me be a little Blackmoorish now...

SO! Any interesting items up for auction today?


To quote Aneoth....."lol".

:roll:


You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

  


Active Collector

Posts: 37
Joined: May 13, 2008
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2014

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:06 am 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Kiwi17 - Okay. Sorry for flaming you. It was a sharp introduction to a board that is normally very welcoming of strangers. Your set of PANs are doing better than I thought they would, but then we don't see those on eBay too often. It's been a long time since we've had the Tortured Souls rare issues up (10 and 12), and GameMaster Publications GM1 A Flight of Eagles, and GM2 Find the Lady, haven't been seen in these parts for a long time too. GM1 could hit £100 in the right condition. And if you've got ST1 Up The Garden Path, you're minted.


Thanks mbassoc2003. Very good of you.  

Yes, ok the rest of you we've kissed and made up......

  


Active Collector

Posts: 37
Joined: May 13, 2008
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2014

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:07 am 
 

Aneoth wrote:
Nunc novi quid Manipupa sentiat.
Now I know what a Muppet feels like.

So someone has his/her hand up your backside?
lol

And your welcome.


Damn - that took less time to translate than I thought. Curse you Google.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:05 am 
 

kiwi17 wrote:
Damn - that took less time to translate than I thought. Curse you Google.


not Google but similar.

Anyway, have you not yet realised how truly powerful a tool the internet can be?


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1295
Joined: Nov 24, 2002
Last Visit: Aug 18, 2021
Location: Brescia, Italy

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:08 am 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:GM1 could hit £100 in the right condition.


Uh, ah... (fainting). THUMP!

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6087
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 22, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:26 am 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:GM1 could hit £100 in the right condition.


Its been a while since I have seen this hit this price too.  I think it was in the fall that a full set in nice condition sold for under $40.  The nonTSR market is very hit and miss (probably why I still collect it).  One day a copy will sell $100+, the next $10-.  Lots of items have the potential but many go unnoticed.

 WWW  


Active Collector

Posts: 37
Joined: May 13, 2008
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2014

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:26 am 
 

Would you guys recommend selling them individually or as a set ? Ta.

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1787
Joined: Apr 26, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 04, 2020
Location: Indianapolis

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:12 pm 
 

Welcome to the forum kiwi17.  I have enjoyed your arrival and do believe that some of the responders did go a bit too far.  For my part, I really enjoyed the "muppet" discussion but was dissappointed no one took up a discussion of "twat".  If it means the same in England as it does here than perhaps it is best left alone.

Like I said, Welcome.   Look forward to you posting in the future.

Martin

  


Active Collector

Posts: 37
Joined: May 13, 2008
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2014

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:15 pm 
 

Prufrock wrote:Welcome to the forum kiwi17.  I have enjoyed your arrival and do believe that some of the responders did go a bit too far.  For my part, I really enjoyed the "muppet" discussion but was dissappointed no one took up a discussion of "twat".  If it means the same in England as it does here than perhaps it is best left alone.

Like I said, Welcome.   Look forward to you posting in the future.

Martin


Err...it means the same. Not my proudest moment.  And that was the much edited version.  :0)

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2737
Joined: May 31, 2007
Last Visit: Mar 22, 2021

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:15 pm 
 

Hi fruit. Tasty juice you've posted, and good to rile some of the stale discussions that collect dust hereabout.

I'd think selling them individually would net the most money - conventional wisdom and all. Lots tend to sell for less, as shipping factors in heavily a lot of the time.


Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

  


Active Collector

Posts: 37
Joined: May 13, 2008
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2014

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:30 pm 
 

serleran wrote:Hi fruit. Tasty juice you've posted, and good to rile some of the stale discussions that collect dust hereabout.

I'd think selling them individually would net the most money - conventional wisdom and all. Lots tend to sell for less, as shipping factors in heavily a lot of the time.


Fruit ????? That's worse than muppet. Oh well....at least there's a Yank out there that knows more about NZ than it just being LoTR country !  LOL

I'm actually surprised you recommend selling individually. Interesting. Thanks.

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2737
Joined: May 31, 2007
Last Visit: Mar 22, 2021

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:35 pm 
 

Would you have preferred being called a bird which also has the implication of being a woman (insert your own Monty Python sketch here)? I'm not the one who gave myself the name kiwi. ;) It was not meant offensively -- I'd have made that clear otherwise.

Welcome to the Acaeum.


Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 93 of 103123 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 101102103