Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 103 of 114123 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 112113114
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:55 am 

Yeah, only I doubt he and/or she is really a newbie.   :wink:

Let mirth prevail!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:10 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Complete set of PAN

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Notice that the muppet has hole punched them and not said so in the description. In the UK to minimum reserve price if £50, so if he's got a reserve on this, is he expecting too much?

LOL ! Apologies to the rest of you guys for the overreaction.

I was just a bit p*ssed at being called a muppet by someone who doesn't know me, and doesn't have a scooby about the condition of the stuff I'm auctioning !

I don't mind the comments about the sale, but why the need for the derogatory remark ?  Think of it this way, I wouldn't post a comment like that so I wouldn't really expect anyone else to.

And tom (bombadil) I am a newbee - i really haven't sold much on ebay at all. I'm only selling my D&D stuff 'cos a) I don't use it and b) I saw how much it was going for on eBay and i saw the $ signs !   I'd never even heard of Acaeum until my mate - who is coincidentally selling Black Opal Eye on ebay (plug) - told me about it. I thought it would be a good way to generate interest in the sales (p*issing people off is just an added bonus...)

mbassoc2003 - not that i have to justify myself to you, but I really did think it was obvious from the photos that it was hole punched. And the reserve is high because i don't know how much these will fetch - I just know that there were never that many around in the day. If it meets the reserve then it was worth chancing my arm. If not, tough.

Kingofpain89
- I did bang on a bit didn't I !

FormCritic - Must admit that i thought I would have been banned from the forum by now though :0)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:29 am 

kiwi: when it is collectable items, its kind of sensible to mention actual details in an auction, other than just relying on the picture.

doing it that way, people will always assume that you have an ulterior motive for not mentioning it...surely you can understand that?

by mentioning it, you keep everything above board and will receive far more respect for doing such, though that may then lead to less bids/lower sale value - but its honest.

not mentioning it, some dont look too closely at the picture and will just bid on the details that you provide. then they receive the item and are pretty pissed for then seeing its hole-punched.

if you look at the ebay guidelines....you will notice that you havent described the items in the condition that they are (unless of course  you have now mentioned the hole-punching)...the pic could be just lifted from someone else etc...

anyway, there you go.

i think ppl were calling you a muppet, simply because you have hole-punched a rare-ish item. (muppet=daft/silly/stupid)

good luck with the auction!

Al

ps. my advice for future listings is to describe the conditions more clearly and then you won't have any problems.

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:54 am 

killjoy32 wrote:kiwi: when it is collectable items, its kind of sensible to mention actual details in an auction, other than just relying on the picture.

doing it that way, people will always assume that you have an ulterior motive for not mentioning it...surely you can understand that?

by mentioning it, you keep everything above board and will receive far more respect for doing such, though that may then lead to less bids/lower sale value - but its honest.

not mentioning it, some dont look too closely at the picture and will just bid on the details that you provide. then they receive the item and are pretty pissed for then seeing its hole-punched.

if you look at the ebay guidelines....you will notice that you havent described the items in the condition that they are (unless of course  you have now mentioned the hole-punching)...the pic could be just lifted from someone else etc...

anyway, there you go.

i think ppl were calling you a muppet, simply because you have hole-punched a rare-ish item. (muppet=daft/silly/stupid)

good luck with the auction!

Al

ps. my advice for future listings is to describe the conditions more clearly and then you won't have any problems.

Now why couldn't someone have just sent a response like this in the first place !!! :0)

Point taken....now I know for future sales. I kinda thought that having 100% on 350-odd auctions would have been some sort of indicator of honesty though.

Think you are wrong about the muppet comment though. I hope so anyway, otherwise it makes me look a bit like a muppet.....

Interesting remark about the pix - didn't think of that one.  Assumed that people would realise it wasn't a stock photo.

Cheers.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:57 am 

Nice way to come back with honesty and self-effacement, kiwi.  I'm sure everything'll be fine now.

Especially if you have a ton of rare stuff to auction off.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:40 am 

kiwi17 wrote:

Now why couldn't someone have just sent a response like this in the first place !!! :0)

Point taken....now I know for future sales. I kinda thought that having 100% on 350-odd auctions would have been some sort of indicator of honesty though.

Think you are wrong about the muppet comment though. I hope so anyway, otherwise it makes me look a bit like a muppet.....

Interesting remark about the pix - didn't think of that one.  Assumed that people would realise it wasn't a stock photo.

Cheers.

Selllers have often copied pictures from this site (for instance) to post to E-Bay listings (This is of course not very nice and may be against E-Bay Policy). Linking to an outside web site is also apparently a NO NO. Several auctions have been closed recently by E-Bay for listing and linking to this site as an information source.

Sometimes a seller will fail to mention that the picture in a listing is NOT the item being sold. In fact this is SOOO common that MANY large stores on E-Bay state in the auction that the picture is the actual item in that specific lisrting and others state that the picture is a stock photo and that the desription is the way to determine that items actual condition.

IMO: The pictures in your listing show FAR more detail than words usually do. I had no trouble at all determining that those issues had been hole punched and I never had a problem bidding on your auction, even with the hole punched condition. That is until they got to a price I am not willing to spend for them. They are after all just 12 single large sheets of double sided press printed paper folded in two.....  :roll:

I also never saw any reason for sending you any nasty notes or to resort to name calling.

And even though those above who spouted out about muppets and bad seller behavior in your listing (I agree that they MIGHT have a limited point in this case)  I feel that they went overboard in the critisim and harrasment too.

There are some here who take this hobby FAR more seriously than they should.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:21 am 

er anny "some" of the above eh?

:roll:

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am 

bombadil wrote:Nice way to come back with honesty and self-effacement, kiwi.  I'm sure everything'll be fine now.

Especially if you have a ton of rare stuff to auction off.   :D

Cheers. Yes I do have a fair bit of old stuff to sell. Trouble is locating it (my attic is kinda like narnia).

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:32 am 

Aneoth wrote:
Selllers have often copied pictures from this site (for instance) to post to E-Bay listings (This is of course not very nice and may be against E-Bay Policy). Linking to an outside web site is also apparently a NO NO. Several auctions have been closed recently by E-Bay for listing and linking to this site as an information source.

Sometimes a seller will fail to mention that the picture in a listing is NOT the item being sold. In fact this is SOOO common that MANY large stores on E-Bay state in the auction that the picture is the actual item in that specific lisrting and others state that the picture is a stock photo and that the desription is the way to determine that items actual condition.

IMO: The pictures in your listing show FAR more detail than words usually do. I had no trouble at all determining that those issues had been hole punched and I never had a problem bidding on your auction, even with the hole punched condition. That is until they got to a price I am not willing to spend for them. They are after all just 12 single large sheets of double sided press printed paper folded in two.....  :roll:

I also never saw any reason for sending you any nasty notes or to resort to name calling.

And even though those above who spouted out about muppets and bad seller behavior in your listing (I agree that they MIGHT have a limited point in this case)  I feel that they went overboard in the critisim and harrasment too.

There are some here who take this hobby FAR more seriously than they should.

Thank you Aneoth - the voice of reason.

:D Nunc novi quid Manipupa sentiat.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:44 am 

Let me be a little Blackmoorish now...

SO! Any interesting items up for auction today?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:47 am 

Kiwi17 - Okay. Sorry for flaming you. It was a sharp introduction to a board that is normally very welcoming of strangers. Your set of PANs are doing better than I thought they would, but then we don't see those on eBay too often. It's been a long time since we've had the Tortured Souls rare issues up (10 and 12), and GameMaster Publications GM1 A Flight of Eagles, and GM2 Find the Lady, haven't been seen in these parts for a long time too. GM1 could hit £100 in the right condition. And if you've got ST1 Up The Garden Path, you're minted.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:01 am 

kiwi17 wrote:
Thank you Aneoth - the voice of reason.

:D Nunc novi quid Manipupa sentiat.

Nunc novi quid Manipupa sentiat.
Now I know what a Muppet feels like.

So someone has his/her hand up your backside?
lol

And your welcome.

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Fri May 16, 2008 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:04 am 

guerret wrote:Let me be a little Blackmoorish now...

SO! Any interesting items up for auction today?

To quote Aneoth....."lol".

:roll:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:06 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Kiwi17 - Okay. Sorry for flaming you. It was a sharp introduction to a board that is normally very welcoming of strangers. Your set of PANs are doing better than I thought they would, but then we don't see those on eBay too often. It's been a long time since we've had the Tortured Souls rare issues up (10 and 12), and GameMaster Publications GM1 A Flight of Eagles, and GM2 Find the Lady, haven't been seen in these parts for a long time too. GM1 could hit £100 in the right condition. And if you've got ST1 Up The Garden Path, you're minted.

Thanks mbassoc2003. Very good of you.  

Yes, ok the rest of you we've kissed and made up......

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:07 am 

Aneoth wrote:
Nunc novi quid Manipupa sentiat.
Now I know what a Muppet feels like.

So someone has his/her hand up your backside?
lol

And your welcome.

Damn - that took less time to translate than I thought. Curse you Google.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:05 am 

kiwi17 wrote:
Damn - that took less time to translate than I thought. Curse you Google.

not Google but similar.

Anyway, have you not yet realised how truly powerful a tool the internet can be?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:08 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:GM1 could hit £100 in the right condition.

Uh, ah... (fainting). THUMP!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:26 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:GM1 could hit £100 in the right condition.

Its been a while since I have seen this hit this price too.  I think it was in the fall that a full set in nice condition sold for under $40.  The nonTSR market is very hit and miss (probably why I still collect it).  One day a copy will sell $100+, the next $10-.  Lots of items have the potential but many go unnoticed.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 103 of 114123 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 112113114